The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Physiotherapy foundation year

Has anybody had an offer for physiotherapy with foundation year for 2021?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Browny2004
Has anybody had an offer for physiotherapy with foundation year for 2021?

hey! i’ve applied for:

-keele university (physio with foundation)
-uni of wolverhampton (physio with foundation)
-uni of leicester (physio with foundation)
-uni of nottingham (health sciences foundation course)
-oxford brookes uni (physiotherapy)

i’ve had offers from wolverhampton and oxford brookes so far. i’ve been unsuccessful for nottingham and keele and i’m waiting on a decision for leicester.

i would recommend applying to wolverhampton for physio with foundation because there are no a level requirements so i’ll be putting it as my insurance choice.

hope this helps and good luck
zain
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by zainbutt15
hey! i’ve applied for:

i’ve had offers from wolverhampton and oxford brookes so far. i’ve been unsuccessful for nottingham and keele and i’m waiting on a decision for leicester.

i would recommend applying to wolverhampton for physio with foundation because there are no a level requirements so i’ll be putting it as my insurance choice.

zain

I also applied to keele, wolverhampton and leicester as foundation years
i really want to go to leicester if i get an offer, but the foundation year is filled with a lot of a level biology content which i think i’m going to find challenging
i really want to go to leicester if i get an offer, but the foundation year is filled with a lot of a level biology content which i think i’m going to find challenging

Leicester is my top choice too, the course there looks really good. Are you doing a level biology right now?
Original post by zoe.nyaku
Leicester is my top choice too, the course there looks really good. Are you doing a level biology right now?

yes i am
Reply 6
yes i am

I’ve had an offer for Nottingham Foundation year health science ..it came through very quickly after I applied.
Hi Zain,Im also looking at a few of the same unis. When did you submit application for oxford brookes and wolverhampton, and when did you get the acceptance? I thought these decisions would be made after the UCAS deadline. Is it different for foundation courses?Also would you mind sharing your A Level or other qualifications so i know where I might stand with getting accepted? Many thanksOllie
Original post by 12603Toy
I’ve had an offer for Nottingham Foundation year health science ..it came through very quickly after I applied.

Hi, I would be interested to know your A Level results, when you applied and when you heard back if you're happy to share?
As I wrote to Zain, I thought that Universitys didn't respond to applications until after the deadline? Is it different for foundation courses?

Thanks
Ollie
Reply 9
Original post by ollietrickett
Hi, I would be interested to know your A Level results, when you applied and when you heard back if you're happy to share?
As I wrote to Zain, I thought that Universitys didn't respond to applications until after the deadline? Is it different for foundation courses?

Thanks
Ollie

Hi Ollie

I put my UCAS form in before Christmas and got a response back from Nottingham early Jan for their foundation health science course, so they were quite quick. I’m predicted Distinction in my BTEC and B grades in my two A levels.
Reply 10
Hi all, I submitted my ucas just before Xmas and had offers and interviews 2 weeks ago. Currently on access to science, lecturer said the unis seem to be making offers early this year

omg hey me tooo, ive found some other people who are planning on going next year shall we make like an insta gc??
Hi Ollie

I put my UCAS form in before Christmas and got a response back from Nottingham early Jan for their foundation health science course, so they were quite quick. I’m predicted Distinction in my BTEC and B grades in my two A levels.

Great thanks for getting back so quick! I wonder how many places they've given to people already
Great thanks for getting back so quick! I wonder how many places they've given to people already

Hey Ollie, have you applied to notts healthcare foundation then?
Original post by amyheran1
Hey Ollie, have you applied to notts healthcare foundation then?

Hi Amy,

I'm applying to:
Nottingham University - Health Sciences Foundation Year and thereafter Physiotherapy
Liverpool University - Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies and thereafter Physiotherapy

My A Level grades are:
Performing Arts - B
Dance - B
Psychology - D
I'm also 25 years old so would be applying as a mature student.

I'm still finalising other choices.
I'm looking at the life sciences foundation at Oxford Brookes but can't seem to find which 3 year courses it tracks onto. Can anyone help me find this? I've emailed them but not expecting a quick reply
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi Amy,

I'm applying to:
Nottingham University - Health Sciences Foundation Year and thereafter Physiotherapy
Liverpool University - Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies and thereafter Physiotherapy

My A Level grades are:
Performing Arts - B
Dance - B
Psychology - D
I'm also 25 years old so would be applying as a mature student.

I'm still finalising other choices.
I'm looking at the life sciences foundation at Oxford Brookes but can't seem to find which 3 year courses it tracks onto. Can anyone help me find this? I've emailed them but not expecting a quick reply

Those sound great lmk if you receive an off from notts and plan to go, I’m making a little group chat for us all to get to know each other a bit, best of luck!
Original post by amyheran1
Those sound great lmk if you receive an off from notts and plan to go, I’m making a little group chat for us all to get to know each other a bit, best of luck!

Thanks Amy, will do! Well done on getting your place, best of luck
hey! i’ve applied for:

zain

Hi Zain,

did you apply to a foundation course or Oxford Brookes or just straight onto the Physiotherapy degree? What grades do you have?

Cheers, Ollie
Reply 18
Hey, I've applied to Leicester for physiotherapy with a foundation year as one of my choices! Has anyone had any update? Thanks
Original post by Rho.xx
Hey, I've applied to Leicester for physiotherapy with a foundation year as one of my choices! Has anyone had any update? Thanks

I just got an interview offer a few days ago - absolutely terrified it’s my second choice over notts 🤞🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending