The Student Room Group

how to move on from a failed talking stage

i’m 17 and he was 19. we never met so i don’t even know why this has affected me so much but we really liked each other. things ended badly a couple nights ago but now i just feel so empty and lonely, and it’s harder to move on during a pandemic where i basically have 0 people to talk to and distract me. i guess it just hit really hard that i’m probably never gonna talk to him again and i want to move on from this but i don’t know how because such a massive part of me wants to just message him and ask him to be friends🤧🤧
What happened?
Original post by Anonymous
What happened?

a lot happened really over a few days but it all kicked off when i asked him if he wanted to watch anime with me. he said yes, he would but then asked me to wait an hour for him so he could watch anime by himself, even though i was the one who asked in the first place. after a few minutes of bickering he said he didn’t want a relationship at all and we didn’t speak since
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mariageorgiou287
a lot happened really over a few days but it all kicked off when i asked him if he wanted to watch anime with me. he said yes, he would but then asked me to wait an hour for him so he could watch anime by himself, even though i was the one who asked in the first place. after a few minutes of bickering he said he didn’t want a relationship at all and we didn’t speak since

Is it long distance? Do you guys know each other or have mutual friends? How did you meet?

Just asking so I can analyse and tell you advice
Is it long distance? Do you guys know each other or have mutual friends? How did you meet?

Just asking so I can analyse and tell you advice

yea it was long distance, we had no mutual friends and we met through yubo
yea it was long distance, we had no mutual friends and we met through yubo

Ohhh okay I get it now.

The best thing to do is block and pretend it didn’t exist. Online long distance relationships do not go well, especially since you are 17 and he’s 19. I met my online ex through a virtual chatting the same age as you + never met and it’s not pleasant since it’s long distance it’s easier for them cheat and do stuff behind your back.

Your already saying how he’s not being considerate when you asked him to watch anime and he just ignored and did it himself. Although it may be hard since it sounds your attached to him I think you’d rather save yourself from being mentally drained.
Ohhh okay I get it now.

The best thing to do is block and pretend it didn’t exist. Online long distance relationships do not go well, especially since you are 17 and he’s 19. I met my online ex through a virtual chatting the same age as you + never met and it’s not pleasant since it’s long distance it’s easier for them cheat and do stuff behind your back.

Your already saying how he’s not being considerate when you asked him to watch anime and he just ignored and did it himself. Although it may be hard since it sounds your attached to him I think you’d rather save yourself from being mentally drained.

yea this all my friends have been telling me, it’s just hard to get unattached bc i’ve never liked anyone like i liked him, but i’ll block him to ease the pain :frown:
yea this all my friends have been telling me, it’s just hard to get unattached bc i’ve never liked anyone like i liked him, but i’ll block him to ease the pain :frown:

You’ll find someone who you will love and those feelings will disappear, it’s just because you’re getting into the dating world but since you get attached easily then it’ll be easy for guys to manipulate you so you gotta be wary.

The best thing to do is block, they’ll probably get bored and might contact you again but I recommend you to stay strong and don’t give in. They might take it for advantage that you haven’t liked anyone before so they know you’ll give in easier. The potential stress that he may give you is not worth and you do not want it to affect your education or job if you do agree to be in a relationship with him. If your friends have told you the same thing then I recommend you to listen to them.
You’ll find someone who you will love and those feelings will disappear, it’s just because you’re getting into the dating world but since you get attached easily then it’ll be easy for guys to manipulate you so you gotta be wary.

The best thing to do is block, they’ll probably get bored and might contact you again but I recommend you to stay strong and don’t give in. They might take it for advantage that you haven’t liked anyone before so they know you’ll give in easier. The potential stress that he may give you is not worth and you do not want it to affect your education or job if you do agree to be in a relationship with him. If your friends have told you the same thing then I recommend you to listen to them.

i’ve been repeating the same thing to myself constantly.
thank you sm🥺💕
i’ve been repeating the same thing to myself constantly.
thank you sm🥺💕

Np! Have a good day💗

seems childish to me

obviously didnt like eachother that much if u stopped talking because of anime
Just be grateful that it ended earlier before you invested loads of emotions when you met, trust me you care 1000x more when you have met the person in real life so be glad you weren’t exposed to that.
Original post by beneficialgirl
Just be grateful that it ended earlier before you invested loads of emotions when you met, trust me you care 1000x more when you have met the person in real life so be glad you weren’t exposed to that.

i’m so thankful , otherwise it would’ve been so much harder

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending