The Student Room Group

Want to get revenge on my mum

She abused me and was controlling in my childhood. People are like revenge does nothing but its better than just letting her do what she did and let years pass by because that just means I'm a doormat with no self respect. I used to **** myself at home time when I used to go to school especially Friday afternoon because I had to spend the evenings with her controlling me, making me and everyone do what she wants. I wanted to go to her work in front of all her colleagues and do stuff. Also my sister has evidence of our mum's abusive behaviour well but she's too scared to share it to anyone. The neighbours as well will have our back we wanted to, we don't live in her house anymore but they remember it because the house she lives now was the house I grew up in with my siblings and my parents were married until I was 18/19 they divorced and we moved out.

Ever since we moved out with our dad that changed our life for the best without a doubt. It shows my mum is a bad person and I need to get her back for what she did. We have all been so much happier like my siblings and my dad. We still see my mum now at her house and shes not really 100% better tbh, she gets mad at us, shouts at us all over minor things and shes done this when I've visited her recently. She also acts like she is right to how she treated us when we were younger.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please?
Just stop having a relationship with her.
Reply 3
Original post by DiddyDec
Just stop having a relationship with her.

I don't see her much but I just feel like i need to get her back
be the better person dont live tryna fight all the time stay in the present
Reply 5
Original post by LunasCorner
be the better person dont live tryna fight all the time stay in the present

Ok
Original post by Anonymous
I don't see her much but I just feel like i need to get her back

Revenge won't make you feel better, just cut her off completely.
My mum was emotionally abusive and I don’t have much to do with her now. You’re just hurting yourself by feeling angry and you can create a better future for yourself. Focus on the future.
Reply 8
My mum was emotionally abusive and I don’t have much to do with her now. You’re just hurting yourself by feeling angry and you can create a better future for yourself. Focus on the future.

OK mate
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
Revenge won't make you feel better, just cut her off completely.

Ok
She abused me and was controlling in my childhood. People are like revenge does nothing but its better than just letting her do what she did and let years pass by because that just means I'm a doormat with no self respect. I used to **** myself at home time when I used to go to school especially Friday afternoon because I had to spend the evenings with her controlling me, making me and everyone do what she wants. I wanted to go to her work in front of all her colleagues and do stuff. Also my sister has evidence of our mum's abusive behaviour well but she's too scared to share it to anyone. The neighbours as well will have our back we wanted to, we don't live in her house anymore but they remember it because the house she lives now was the house I grew up in with my siblings and my parents were married until I was 18/19 they divorced and we moved out.

Ever since we moved out with our dad that changed our life for the best without a doubt. It shows my mum is a bad person and I need to get her back for what she did. We have all been so much happier like my siblings and my dad. We still see my mum now at her house and shes not really 100% better tbh, she gets mad at us, shouts at us all over minor things and shes done this when I've visited her recently. She also acts like she is right to how she treated us when we were younger.

Well, from the sounds of it. It seems she's alone. That in itself is a horrible punishment. To know that your kids and husband left you. Hey man. It's honestly your choice but look. My advice is to forgive her and move on with your life. Don't let her consume your energy even when you arent in her presence.
Original post by IWINTWIN
Well, from the sounds of it. It seems she's alone. That in itself is a horrible punishment. To know that your kids and husband left you. Hey man. It's honestly your choice but look. My advice is to forgive her and move on with your life. Don't let her consume your energy even when you arent in her presence.

Yes she is alone as far as I know and she deserves it. Yes we did all leave her. Why would we stay with her and hold her hand after what she's done? I tried to forgive her countless times and she blew it
Yes she is alone as far as I know and she deserves it. Yes we did all leave her. Why would we stay with her and hold her hand after what she's done? I tried to forgive her countless times and she blew it

OP, when I say forgive, what I mean is basically just moving on and accepting that whatever happened, happened. By doing this, it will allow you to move on, and you gradually might find yourself to pity her and hey, maybe form a relationship knowing that she will be like that for the rest of her life (the main thin is you dont live with her or depend on her anymore, that's the most important thing, but hey, shes still your mom, so if she needs it, try and take care of her). I dont mean saying, "hey mom, i forgive you, its all good, I'm not angry at you at all, lets build a relationship". Sorry i didn't clarify, my bad :smile:
Every story has 2 sides. I do understand how you feel, i come from family where "correctional smacking" with dog leash was acceptable, i holded grudges against my mum for doing so till i was about 27 (now I'm 32) and my dad for not "defending me. There was time i haven't spoken to my mother for years. One day i had thought to get back at her. But before i decided to get her side, see what were her motives for treating me as push over, not showing affection etc etc etc, i found out she was deeply depressed, had suicidal thoughts and was actually in serious need of mental help. I am not saying your situation is same, but is it possible? Do you know her story? Did you wonder is she so ttoubled that she thinks she doesn't deserve love etc and on purpose she hurts other cos of depression?
Original post by Marti4eve
Every story has 2 sides. I do understand how you feel, i come from family where "correctional smacking" with dog leash was acceptable, i holded grudges against my mum for doing so till i was about 27 (now I'm 32) and my dad for not "defending me. There was time i haven't spoken to my mother for years. One day i had thought to get back at her. But before i decided to get her side, see what were her motives for treating me as push over, not showing affection etc etc etc, i found out she was deeply depressed, had suicidal thoughts and was actually in serious need of mental help. I am not saying your situation is same, but is it possible? Do you know her story? Did you wonder is she so ttoubled that she thinks she doesn't deserve love etc and on purpose she hurts other cos of depression?

My mum was abused by her parents but thats no excuse to abuse who own kids if anything that should make her realise that she shouldn't abuse us

She doesn't deserve love because of how she's treated us, sometimes people don't deserve sympathy
My mum was abused by her parents but thats no excuse to abuse who own kids if anything that should make her realise that she shouldn't abuse us

History tends to repeat it self, as a parent myself, I'm telling you there are situations you used to tell yourself before kids that you would never ever do to your kids what your parents did to you, and end up doing exactly the same thing. And at that time you truly believe you do it for your child's wellbeing, even if you should realise better. Not so easy, trust me.

Revenge may be sweet, however... cutting her out of your life is a good idea (but I understand that you wont feel like she has gotten what she deserves). I would say that you tell her what you think of her and the way she treated you and your sibling(s) before you cut her out of your life. It will make you feel much better than just cutting her out of your life knowing that you have done something about the way she treated her before you did so (doing this isn't so much as getting back at her -because after all I assume you are the bigger person- but gives you a feel of accomplishment)
She doesn't deserve love because of how she's treated us, sometimes people don't deserve sympathy

I'm sorry but i do disagree. Going to extreme, even murderer is asked his side of the story in court. Not sure how old you are, but maybe give it couple of years, and once all your emotions calm down, have heart to heart with her. You won't lose anything, you can only gain.
I'm sorry but i do disagree. Going to extreme, even murderer is asked his side of the story in court. Not sure how old you are, but maybe give it couple of years, and once all your emotions calm down, have heart to heart with her. You won't lose anything, you can only gain.

I'm 20s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending