The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Health Sciences Foundation At Nottingham

Ive just received my offer and was wondering who might join me next year :biggrin:
Why are you doing the foundation course? Which specialty are you hoping to progress to?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Physio has always spoken to me I love anatomy so much and I’m very hands on, I’ve always wanted to be in healthcare too so it’s really a perfect thing for me, as for the foundation, a levels and corona hit quite hard for me so i think a transitional year would be really beneficial for me, this foundation course from Nottingham in particular is a great looking course at my favourite uni so it was really a case of getting a place or taking a gap year to be honest!
Did you apply for either Physio or Rehab at Nottingham? I have more than enough points but didn’t take A level Biology which they wanted so thinking of doing the foundation as a way into Physio BSc at Nottingham.
Reply 4
Original post by Mustardears
Did you apply for either Physio or Rehab at Nottingham? I have more than enough points but didn’t take A level Biology which they wanted so thinking of doing the foundation as a way into Physio BSc at Nottingham.

You don’t apply to the actual course if you go for the foundation year, basically if you look at the health foundation page it shows you that after completeing thte year you get an automatic interview to go into physio, rehab or nursing.
Sorry I meant as well as. Do you just apply using you UCAS form?
Reply 6
Original post by Mustardears
Sorry I meant as well as. Do you just apply using you UCAS form?

Oh righttt yep u just use that the ucas code is A30A
I’ve also applied for the foundation course however is there a high chance you will get the opportunity to do the Physiotherapy course as I want to do physiotherapy also
Reply 8
Original post by KiamidG22
I’ve also applied for the foundation course however is there a high chance you will get the opportunity to do the Physiotherapy course as I want to do physiotherapy also

Omg hiiii welcome to the club😂😂 um honestly I don’t know exactly but I do know that if we complete the year then we automatically get interviews for notts, we get a certificate for completing the year too so I do think it defo gives us a leg up but I don’t wanna say anything is for definite but yaaa
Reply 9
Btw can I have ur insta if u have it? We could make a group for people who’ve applied/ are going next year? I think it would be fun to make some friends :biggrin:
but is it not risky taking this year and not having the best of interviews and just not getting accepted into the physiotherapy course?
Reply 11
but is it not risky taking this year and not having the best of interviews and just not getting accepted into the physiotherapy course?

I acc don’t think it would be, foundation years from what I’ve read are taken quite highly I wouldn’t say it’s risky but I do think if your like me and want that firm footing before moving onto a degree I do think it’s a good choice. Look at it this way there’s no real difference in ‘risk’ between taking a gap year and doing a foundation. I like to look it at this way, you get actual proper commendation by doing it unlike gap year where u might not :biggrin:
Original post by amyheran1
Btw can I have ur insta if u have it? We could make a group for people who’ve applied/ are going next year? I think it would be fun to make some friends :biggrin:

yeh. KiamidG22 is my insta
I acc don’t think it would be, foundation years from what I’ve read are taken quite highly I wouldn’t say it’s risky but I do think if your like me and want that firm footing before moving onto a degree I do think it’s a good choice. Look at it this way there’s no real difference in ‘risk’ between taking a gap year and doing a foundation. I like to look it at this way, you get actual proper commYeah endation by doing it unlike gap year where u might not :biggrin:

Yeah how you look at it makes a lot more sense. My grades are not high enough atm to go straight into a physiotherapy course so i decided to take this course instead and always had doubt that i may not even pass the foundation year hahah.
Reply 14
yeh. KiamidG22 is my insta

Sweet I added youu
i dont know if it is too late but i have been rejected from Nottingham, will i still be able to apply through UCAS Extra for a health sciences course to go into midwifery or is it too late?
Original post by Dami.Abi
i dont know if it is too late but i have been rejected from Nottingham, will i still be able to apply through UCAS Extra for a health sciences course to go into midwifery or is it too late?

I would contact the university and ask them today. I guess it depends on their numbers already.
Original post by Dami.Abi

GIRL Same!!!! I got an offer last year for the course as it got changed from physio to this course but i applied for physio again hoping they would change it but they didn't and they aren't trying to change my course unless I go through extra, Ngl extra is very risky apparently as they said to me, because a lot of people have already applied. I say try emailing them.
Omg hiiii welcome to the club😂😂 um honestly I don’t know exactly but I do know that if we complete the year then we automatically get interviews for notts, we get a certificate for completing the year too so I do think it defo gives us a leg up but I don’t wanna say anything is for definite but yaaa

Hey, did you apply for the foundation year straight or physio. Because I applied for the physio course last year and it got changed and they held my offer for this year. But when i did the same thing this year they rejected me and are refusing to give me my offer from last year.

Quick Reply