The Student Room Group

Hpat Ulster 2021

Hello everyone,

Did anyone take part in the Hpat Ulster test? How did you find the test?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Alexandra
In one word NIGHTMARE ! about sums it up. Problems getting logged on didnt help stress levels
See my post and that of others sharing similar sentiments
How this test can be used to select candidates for Health Professions is beyond me . Badly ran out of time sections 1 and 2 and because I didnt get started until 45 mins after the time I was die to start (through no fault of my own but due to technology faults on ACER side) it was hard to track time and after 2 hours section 1 and 2 was closed and I had only 60 questions completed out of 90 !
It was not a good experience at all. Just glad its over
Good luck
What was section three like? Did you find it difficult? That’s what I’m dreading the most 😩
Email head of admissions with all problems encountered during the exam
Original post by alexandra1985
Hello everyone,

Did anyone take part in the Hpat Ulster test? How did you find the test?

One big nightmare
Reply 5
Original post by Anon1777134
Email head of admissions with all problems encountered during the exam

I contacted Admissions and they basically said 'Thanks for your email and for highlighting the issues you experienced with the test over the weekend.

I have highlighted the issues you’ve experienced to Acer and have copied them into this email. I have asked Acer to investigate the circumstances of your test and to undertake a wider investigation to identify the circumstances around the test in general.

Thanks

Also contacted HPAT-ULSTER - this is their pathetic reply @
Dear Desmond,
We are very sorry to hear that it has been stressful for you - it was not what we had hoped for any candidate.

We do appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and we will be passing this along to Examity as well, in the hope that it will assist them to improve their processes.

Unfortunately, we are not able to make considerations when marking the exam, as we do not have a measurement tool for perceived disadvantage. All we can do is our best to support every candidate to undertake and complete their exam with the total test time advised. If there are technical issues during the exam, we can reassign any time lost.

Our apologies for the distress and inconvenience caused to you during this difficult test administration.

The HPAT-Ulster Team
ACER
Reply 6
it's been an utter mess. my daughter is still waiting for a new date having been prepped and unable to get logged on at the weekend. so disheartening. I'm also worried about the fact that it's now over a much longer period of time, so those who have yet to sit it can get the essay titles from friends who did it in the first day and have time to prep!
Original post by clarec25
it's been an utter mess. my daughter is still waiting for a new date having been prepped and unable to get logged on at the weekend. so disheartening. I'm also worried about the fact that it's now over a much longer period of time, so those who have yet to sit it can get the essay titles from friends who did it in the first day and have time to prep!

Its an absolute disgrace, we are in the same boat too, why dont UU just pull the plug altogether on the test and just do intervews instead, what course is your daughter doing?
Reply 8
Original post by Notahappycamper
Its an absolute disgrace, we are in the same boat too, why dont UU just pull the plug altogether on the test and just do intervews instead, what course is your daughter doing?

I agree, even before this mess it seemed a very unfair system. at least an interview can be prepped for. shes hoping to do occupational therapy and would love to stay at home given the ongoing restrictions. what about you?
I agree, even before this mess it seemed a very unfair system. at least an interview can be prepped for. shes hoping to do occupational therapy and would love to stay at home given the ongoing restrictions. what about you?

Yes occupational therapy too, please God it will all work out for them, are any other universities an option for her
Original post by Notahappycamper
Yes occupational therapy too, please God it will all work out for them, are any other universities an option for her

yes shes really keen on liverpool university and had her interview with them this morning. northumbria, Northampton and Wrexham are her other three choices but hopefully ulster or liverpool.i hear uu are making an announcement on Monday about where OT will move to after the first year at jordanstown so that might make her less inclined towards uu if it turns out to be Magee. what about you?
Original post by dmccread
Hi Alexandra
In one word NIGHTMARE ! about sums it up. Problems getting logged on didnt help stress levels
See my post and that of others sharing similar sentiments
How this test can be used to select candidates for Health Professions is beyond me . Badly ran out of time sections 1 and 2 and because I didnt get started until 45 mins after the time I was die to start (through no fault of my own but due to technology faults on ACER side) it was hard to track time and after 2 hours section 1 and 2 was closed and I had only 60 questions completed out of 90 !
It was not a good experience at all. Just glad its over
Good luck

Hello dear,

Sorry to hear that you have problems with the connection.Regarding the difficulty how did you find the rest? Which course are you applying to?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hello dear,

Sorry to hear that you have problems with the connection.Regarding the difficulty how did you find the rest? Which course are you applying to?

Hi
I am applying to OT
The last section was the one I was most comfortable with - the two essays. Whatever will be will be
Best wishes
Des
Hi
I am applying to OT
The last section was the one I was most comfortable with - the two essays. Whatever will be will be
Best wishes
Des

I am applying to ot as well. Do you know which campus is the ot department going to be moved to?
I am applying to ot as well. Do you know which campus is the ot department going to be moved to?

I think it could be Magee

The proposal is to move OT to Magee - a long way from me in Lisburn !
The proposal is to move OT to Magee - a long way from me in Lisburn !

Hi, just wondering where I can find the info on this? I am applying for Speech Therapy and want to know where it is moving to
Yes me too where can we find this information?thank you

UU just sent an email confirming all the undergrad health sciences are going to Magee from 2022
UU just sent an email confirming all the undergrad health sciences are going to Magee from 2021

time to cry

Quick Reply

Latest