What did you get in your gcses :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
What did you get in your gcses :smile:

9’s.
Reply 5
Original post by CaptainDuckie
9’s.

What were you doing in year 10
got 119's- tbh i worked throughout yr 10 and yr 11 slow but steady which i think is the key and really tried to enjoy every subject which would motivate me to revise really thoroughly
Reply 7
Original post by avgdumbhoe
got 119's- tbh i worked throughout yr 10 and yr 11 slow but steady which i think is the key and really tried to enjoy every subject which would motivate me to revise really thoroughly

What did your year 10 daily routine look like and what subjects did you take :smile:
What were you doing in year 10

Same exact thing

Weekdays
Wake up
Shower
Go to school
Go home
Go to the gym - (a bit longer this time)
Come home - study for 1 : 30 hr ish

Weekends
Wake up
Shower
Go to gym (way longer this time, like 4hrs)
Go home
Revise for like 2hrs
I got 9 9s and I did a max of 2 hours extra study a day, more like 5 hours a week for most of year 10, up until march of year 11. The biggest thing that helped me was a lot of practice questions and marking them myself and going through the markschemes with my teachers, particularly for written subjects. It was by attending revision sessions where I could sit there and listen to my teacher explain exactly how to get the marks in my practice questions that got me the 9s in English and History which were two of my weakest subjects. (being predicted 6s janurary year 11)
i got 10 9s i just made sure to balance my school life with sport and that i knew every single spec point and then eventually everything fell into place; i only really started working hard in the summer before year 11
Original post by Fibonacci28
I got 9 9s and I did a max of 2 hours extra study a day, more like 5 hours a week for most of year 10, up until march of year 11. The biggest thing that helped me was a lot of practice questions and marking them myself and going through the markschemes with my teachers, particularly for written subjects. It was by attending revision sessions where I could sit there and listen to my teacher explain exactly how to get the marks in my practice questions that got me the 9s in English and History which were two of my weakest subjects. (being predicted 6s janurary year 11)

When I understand a topic and then do exam questions I find them really difficult how do I get better at them
When I understand a topic and then do exam questions I find them really difficult how do I get better at them

Sometimes it helps if you look at markschemes and example questions first. Particularly if it's a new type of question for writing subjects (which really aren't my forte, I took Maths, Further maths, Physics and Chemistry for A-level)
If you're still struggling talk to teachers if they're helpful. There are lots of example questions for most subjects out there that are annotated with what you need to remember to include which are useful.
Also, peer marking is great. It helps you to get to know the markscheme really well. And for exam based subjects, ticking those boxes are all that matter.
There’s no way do people do hours of revision for gcse in year 10 looool what’s your motivation for that
it's very different for everybody - i got 10 9s but only started revising a couple weeks before (some papers only the day before) but i was able to remember stuff quite easily so i didnt need extra work
i know plenty of people who revise all hours of the day and got good grades, but not all 9s
so you've really got to find out what works for you, and how you can improve, rather than copy anyone elses routine - theirs may work for you too, but just try different techniques until you find something effective!
I got 6 9s then 8s and 7s in Maths French and Physics.
My routine was literally just doing my homework. When we had mocks I made a few flashcards. I didn't really revise for them. Without trying to be rude the people on this thread probably aren't naturally super clever if they go home and revise for 2 hrs since y10, but it does show you that a 9 isn't hard to get if you put the work in.

Practice questions and note summaries are good
Original post by Peter76530
There’s no way do people do hours of revision for gcse in year 10 looool what’s your motivation for that

Nothing else to do
I got a 9 in everything apart from maths (my maths skills are abysmal the less said about this the better)
My main advice for you would be slow and steady wins the race. Start revising early and make sure you feel as secure as possible on any content that confuses you or you get stuck on. My favourite revision method was always practise questions and just practical application of all the stuff we learnt in class (practise exam papers, making up little quizzes for myself, that kind of thing)
Also don’t be afraid to ask your teachers for help with anything at all, that’s their job and it’s in their interest to make sure you do the best you possibly can.
Above all though , work smart not hard. In other words, 2-3 hours of quality homework and revision a day is better than 8 hour study days with minimal breaks where your brain turns to mush after 3 hours and nothing goes in. Definitely experiment with a range of revision techniques, it can be mind maps or practise papers or whatever helps you remember the information because everyone is different and what works for one person won’t necessarily work for you too. Good luck!
What did your year 10 daily routine look like and what subjects did you take :smile:

maths,chem,bio,physics,eng lang,eng lit, french,RS,german,history and geog :smile:
and obvs going to school, probs some extra-curric and then mostly always 2 hours work ish consolidating content and doing exam questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending