The Student Room Group

Snapchat flirting

I’ve never spoke to a girl before, how do I treat her right. Any tips on talking to girls on snapchat/real life, and getting them to meet up would be helpful. Also what should I do to make myself more physically attractive to girls.

Scroll to see replies

The important thing that you must do is be yourself. And everything else should fall into place :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nialler x
The important thing that you must do is be yourself. And everything else should fall into place :smile:

Not trying to be rude or anything, but thats really not helpful at all. If I don’t change my personality I don’t think my luck with girls will change.
Original post by Anonymous
Not trying to be rude or anything, but thats really not helpful at all. If I don’t change my personality I don’t think my luck with girls will change.

awww why?

whats your personality?
Take an interest in the things she's interested in, and make sure she doesn't feel stupid, even if she likes things that you don't. Be willing to learn about her hobbies and interests if they're not something you know a whole lot about. I love it when people make an effort to get to know me. Also, treat her with respect, so if she's not interested then back off, and if she doesn't want to do something then don't push it. When it comes to compliments, some girls are uncomfortable being complimented on their bodies unless they know you well, so consider complimenting something she has control over, like her clothes, music taste, hairstyle or sense of humor. A lot of girls would prefer to meet up as friends first, so consider starting out with something that's not too date-like, or involves other people as well. When planning activities, bonus points if you pick something you think she'd enjoy doing based on her interests, so a sporting activity if she's sporty, or a trip to get her favorite food. When it comes to being more attractive, a smile and a good personality go a long way. However, when it comes to your appearance, express your own personal style! Looking different can work in your favour, and might help you attract people who you share interests with. Make sure your clothes match and are clean, that your hair is clean and styled and that you smell nice. Plus, everyone appreciates it when the person they're dating/talking to makes an effort, so consider wearing whatever you feel you look best in when you're meeting up alone. Don't ever worry about your body, different girls like different body types so you're definitely someone's type. Good luck!!
be relaxed and don't act like you're into her but be nice and then, the more friendly you guys get with each other, start teasing her and be a bit mean
also, don't constantly give fast replies, only sometimes

Your personality is fine, you seem really nice :biggrin: , you could change your hair, style and posture to make yourself feel more confident though. confidence is good as long as you're not cocky, good luckkk
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by factorypotato
whats your personality?

I’m not shy, a tad bit crazy. I don’t want to say I’m funny (cus anyone who calls themselves funny isn’t) but all me mates say I’m funny. I don’t approach girls cus I don’t really have time for that, but I’ve realised that girls never make the first move. So I’m gonna need to make the change now for a better future.
Reply 9
Take an interest in the things she's interested in, and make sure she doesn't feel stupid, even if she likes things that you don't. Be willing to learn about her hobbies and interests if they're not something you know a whole lot about. I love it when people make an effort to get to know me. Also, treat her with respect, so if she's not interested then back off, and if she doesn't want to do something then don't push it. When it comes to compliments, some girls are uncomfortable being complimented on their bodies unless they know you well, so consider complimenting something she has control over, like her clothes, music taste, hairstyle or sense of humor. A lot of girls would prefer to meet up as friends first, so consider starting out with something that's not too date-like, or involves other people as well. When planning activities, bonus points if you pick something you think she'd enjoy doing based on her interests, so a sporting activity if she's sporty, or a trip to get her favorite food. When it comes to being more attractive, a smile and a good personality go a long way. However, when it comes to your appearance, express your own personal style! Looking different can work in your favour, and might help you attract people who you share interests with. Make sure your clothes match and are clean, that your hair is clean and styled and that you smell nice. Plus, everyone appreciates it when the person they're dating/talking to makes an effort, so consider wearing whatever you feel you look best in when you're meeting up alone. Don't ever worry about your body, different girls like different body types so you're definitely someone's type. Good luck!!

Thank you for your help, I like people like you. What should I do if I want to approach a girl and ask for their snap, without seeming like a creep? Compliment? Pickup line?
Also I see that nice guys finish last, and I don’t want to be one of them. But at the same time I don’t want to be the guy that constantly disrespects women. So how should I compose myself.
Original post by noturhabibti
be relaxed and don't act like you're into her but be nice and then, the more friendly you guys get with each other, start teasing her and be a bit mean
also, don't constantly give fast replies, only sometimes

So in initial contact be friendly, then tease each other once you get close to not make the convos dead.
I agree with you on the fast replies it gives off signs desperation.
Also how do I pu to a girl that I’ve never met before on snap?
So in initial contact be friendly, then tease each other once you get close to not make the convos dead.
I agree with you on the fast replies it gives off signs desperation.
Also how do I pu to a girl that I’ve never met before on snap?

yeah basically but not too friendly like be a little bit blunt
and im a literal expert at pu to someone who you dont know
choice1: screenshot their story (it can be literally anything) and then say sorry and start talking like "what school do u go to?" or "how old are u"
choice2: *only do this if u have JUST added them* send them a snap with maybe half ur head (something slightly attractive) and write something u would write in a conversation with one of ur boys like something random but lowkey juicy and then be like sorry that wasnt for u
hope this helps : )
Original post by mstickbug
Your personality is fine, you seem really nice :biggrin: , you could change your hair, style and posture to make yourself feel more confident though. confidence is good as long as you're not cocky, good luckkk

Yes I will do everything you said, n thank you.
Original post by noturhabibti
yeah basically but not too friendly like be a little bit blunt
and im a literal expert at pu to someone who you dont know
choice1: screenshot their story (it can be literally anything) and then say sorry and start talking like "what school do u go to?" or "how old are u"
choice2: *only do this if u have JUST added them* send them a snap with maybe half ur head (something slightly attractive) and write something u would write in a conversation with one of ur boys like something random but lowkey juicy and then be like sorry that wasnt for u
hope this helps : )

Yes those are two great ideas. It it a good idea to chat to multiple girls at once; let’s be honest nowadays everyone isn’t talking to one person at a time, I don’t want to develop oneitis as well.
Thank you for you help!
Yes those are two great ideas. It it a good idea to chat to multiple girls at once; let’s be honest nowadays everyone isn’t talking to one person at a time, I don’t want to develop oneitis as well.
Thank you for you help!

ermmm in theory, you should chat to one person at a time but like it doesnt matter if you're only friends either
Also what should I do to make myself more physically attractive to girls.

Practice good hygiene- brush/floss ur teeth, chew gum if u have to. Carry those mouth sprays with u :wink:

Whiten ur teeth

Keep ur nails short and clean

smell good, invest in a good signature cologne for urself thats pleasing to every girl. Wear something that isn't too strong/sickly don't wanna put anyone off

If u have facial hair, keep it tamed and tidy and comb ur brows

Take care of ur skin

style ur hair

Dress well

Ofc ofc, better off keeping your **** a secret until the time comes lol!
Original post by HumbleBee_x

Practice good hygiene- brush/floss ur teeth, chew gum if u have to. Carry those mouth sprays with u :wink:

Whiten ur teeth

Keep ur nails short and clean

smell good, invest in a good signature cologne for urself thats pleasing to every girl. Wear something that isn't too strong/sickly don't wanna put anyone off

If u have facial hair, keep it tamed and tidy and comb ur brows

Take care of ur skin

style ur hair

Dress well

Very helpful thank you.
Ik what u mean by the cologne, some guys pour a full bottle of Dior savage on themselves and expect to get laid lol.
I’ve had compliments about my jawline and eyebrows before, would that help me in my travels?!
Very helpful thank you.
Ik what u mean by the cologne, some guys pour a full bottle of Dior savage on themselves and expect to get laid lol.
I’ve had compliments about my jawline and eyebrows before, would that help me in my travels?!

Can't lie tho Dior sauvage 😍 i'm so basic haha...but thats so true just smell unique and memorable
Accentuate your best assets, yes :yes:
Thank you for your help, I like people like you. What should I do if I want to approach a girl and ask for their snap, without seeming like a creep? Compliment? Pickup line?
Also I see that nice guys finish last, and I don’t want to be one of them. But at the same time I don’t want to be the guy that constantly disrespects women. So how should I compose myself.

No problem! With approaching girls, it depends on the context. If you see her regularly (e.g. in school/uni or at a place you visit regularly) then try to strike up a few conversations with her before you ask for her snap. Start out just being friendly, you can ask if there was homework, talk about whether you like/dislike the class or just ask her how she's doing. That way, it feels a bit less overwhelming when you ask for the snap. When the time comes, just finish a conversation with "Hey, could I have your snap by the way?" It can help to finish a conversation with it, so she can say no if she's not comfortable (some people just aren't, don't take it personally!) and if she does say no you don't have to awkwardly keep the conversation going after. If an excuse to ask for it comes up then you can use it, a good one is telling her about your pet if you have one, and then offering to send her a picture. Take it from a girl, we like seeing pictures of cute pets! If you're just seeing her in public and you don't think you'll ever see her again, don't ask for her snap unless you have a good conversation first. It might be just me, but if a boy I didn't know randomly asked for my snap then I'd automatically assume he's the kind of guy who'll send me a **** pic when I do NOT want to see that!
I've heard about nice guys finishing last too, but I can't see it. All my girl friends agree that we want a guy who'll be nice to us and make us feel special. You kinda want a guy who'll be your friend as well as someone you're dating or talking to or whatever. Sure, being nice to us doesn't guarantee us being into you, but being a **** to us makes it waaaaaaay less likely. Plus, word gets around fast with us, if you disrespect one girl, the next day we're all going to know! Just treat the girls you meet with respect and get to know them as people and eventually the right one for you will come along.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending