The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In that case, that dude was a biphobic ********! I'm sorry you had to put up with that, but you're probably well rid of him :hugs:
There will be good men out there who will love you for who you are - and you shouldn't settle for less.
It's the fact you came out with it that weirded him out anyone would be weirded out if their girl was telling them that they were bisexual think about the implications
before everyone starts preaching ''must be biphobic'' people have a type. That can be straight women for example.. hes not rlly done anything wrong i mean he could of been nicer about it but if im being honest, i would only go for a straight man, that doesnt mean im ''biphobic''
Reply 4
Original post by LunasCorner
before everyone starts preaching ''must be biphobic'' people have a type. That can be straight women for example.. hes not rlly done anything wrong i mean he could of been nicer about it but if im being honest, i would only go for a straight man, that doesnt mean im ''biphobic''

Whats the difference between dating a bisexual girl or a straight one?
Well in that case you should date people of the same religion as you to avoid breaking up over such issues. Someone else being bi has zero effect on their partner.
Original post by LovelyMrFox

One finds men and women sexually attractive. One finds only men sexually attractive.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
One finds men and women sexually attractive. One finds only men sexually attractive.

Obviously.
I meant what difference does it make dating them.
Original post by FTheOpps
It's the fact you came out with it that weirded him out anyone would be weirded out if their girl was telling them that they were bisexual think about the implications

It’s natural to be surprised, not weirded out, if you dump someone who’s bi I think the problem is with you not them.

you would just prefer ur partner to be straight, its a preference, not a hate crime lmfao
Reply 10
you would just prefer ur partner to be straight, its a preference, not a hate crime lmfao

I didnt say it was a hate crime, Im genuinely curious.
If you're in a relationship with a girl then she likes just you, surely it doesnt matter if they've dated girls in the past? It has no affect on your relationship, right?

Um...why? What is it about us that's so undesirable? :smile:
Would you like it if a guy said, "sorry, I don't date people of [your ethnicity]"?

What implications?
I would prefer it if they were straight (that way there's less competition :wink: ) but sure, I'd date a bi lass.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
It’s natural to be surprised, not weirded out, if you dump someone who’s bi I think the problem is with you not them.

Not really it's basic psychology in that 'coming out' is different than casually mentioning humans are emotional not logical
I didnt say it was a hate crime, Im genuinely curious.
If you're in a relationship with a girl then she likes just you, surely it doesnt matter if they've dated girls in the past? It has no affect on your relationship, right?

of course not, but it still doesnt stop people from wanting somebody whos straight.

maybe some are insecure that their partner could possibly cheat with both genders and i get its their own problem if they think that but i dont i just would prefer a straight man, ppl need to respect that some dont want an LGBTQ+ partner + that it isnt homophobic
Not really it's basic psychology in that 'coming out' is different than casually mentioning humans are emotional not logical

Coming out is not a weird thing, it’s who you are and if you actually cared about the person you’d move past the surprise and look to support your partner, dumping them because they like the opposite sex as well is just oddly impulsive and ignorant.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Coming out is not a weird thing, it’s who you are and if you actually cared about the person you’d move past the surprise and look to support your partner, dumping them because they like the opposite sex as well is just oddly impulsive and ignorant.

I cant relate to any of that but the main issue is making it a 'part' of who you are everyone's got something about them that doesnt need to be shouted across rooftops it isnt always necessary - especially in a relationship where the prospect of cheating becomes real if this 'coming out' business is done in an emotional manner.
Reply 17
of course not, but it still doesnt stop people from wanting somebody whos straight.

maybe some are insecure that their partner could possibly cheat with both genders and i get its their own problem if they think that but i dont i just would prefer a straight man, ppl need to respect that some dont want an LGBTQ+ partner + that it isnt homophobic

Thats why there needs to be trust in a relationship.
I have not called you homophobic nor have I implied such things, Im only asking a question ( which you have still failed to answer ). I know that you prefer it already, Im asking why you prefer it..
Thats why there needs to be trust in a relationship.
I have not called you homophobic nor have I implied such things, Im only asking a question ( which you have still failed to answer ). I know that you prefer it already, Im asking why you prefer it..

ik ik lol thats why i said 'ppl'

either way i dont think it matters, i think if u have preference, you have preference, if u dont care, u dont care

also i havent failed to answer, ive said what i think..
I don't date girls.
I'm a heterosexual female, only date heterosexual guys and have a lot of dating dealbreakers.

A few weeks ago there was an interesting TSR thread asking about why women are turned off by bisexual guys:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6857222#post92979318

Latest

Trending

Trending