The Student Room Group

Will I make friends after uni?

So uni has been far from what I expected... I haven’t made as many friends as I thought I would and the social experience hasn’t been that great. I’ve struggled a lot with social anxiety and uni has been very lonely tbh

I’m meant to be graduating this year and now I fear that any social opportunities I had are shattered forever, even more so by the pandemic.

Do people make friends after university? Idk I just worry that I will never make friends now because I didn’t manage to succeed in my social life at uni.
Yeah there are still opportunities to make friends after uni. You can make them at work, or through hobbies for example. I play d&d and have got very close to people through that. As well as guys i play hockey with.. Also I hang out with people from work. You also make friends meeting people through other people.
Hey just curious, what uni did you go to?
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah there are still opportunities to make friends after uni. You can make them at work, or through hobbies for example. I play d&d and have got very close to people through that. As well as guys i play hockey with.. Also I hang out with people from work. You also make friends meeting people through other people.

Thanks for this.
Original post by elephant3
Hey just curious, what uni did you go to?

University of Leicester- why?
Reply 5
I'm in a similar boat, as most of my friends drifted away after I finished last year. Trying to just work on myself before starting any new friendships especially with how uncertain things are atm.

PM me if you feel like talking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending