The Student Room Group

IEU - Ukraine

Looking for students who are already in Ukraine studying medicine
I am, What's up
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Shadenotshade
I am, What's up

Hey there, just had some questions about how it was to move there? I find the all residency permit stuff pretty intimidating. Are you living on campus?
Reply 3
I am, What's up

Hi! Could you give some more details please? I’m also interested in moving to Kiev for med, specifically IEU
Original post by willbrownfire123
Hey there, just had some questions about how it was to move there? I find the all residency permit stuff pretty intimidating. Are you living on campus?

Honestly, wasn't easy. Was left in the dark, had to keep asking questions on what to do for each step during my application.
Students are assigned an agent that help with the application process.

I didn't understand this and went in blind, tried to figure things out on our own.

Do you mean the temporary residency for foreigners ? What do you find intimidating?

In my uni, not sure about other places but there's no such thing as "living on campus" as the hostels(halls) are far from the university.

I chose private accomodation as the hostels look like a 3rd world residency. Private accomodation is quite cheap and you can get some attractive looking places.

Ukraine is a developing country, nowhere near advanced as the UK.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mon44
Hi! Could you give some more details please? I’m also interested in moving to Kiev for med, specifically IEU

Is this a private uni? Have you checked if it's recognised by the GMC?
Honestly, wasn't easy. Was left in the dark, had to keep asking questions on what to do for each step during my application.
Students are assigned an agent that help with the application process.

I didn't understand this and went in blind, tried to figure things out on our own.

Do you mean the temporary residency for foreigners ? What do you find intimidating?

In my uni, not sure about other places but there's no such thing as "living on campus" as the hostels(halls) are far from the university.

I chose private accomodation as the hostels look like a 3rd world residency. Private accomodation is quite cheap and you can get some attractive looking places.

Ukraine is a developing country, nowhere near advanced as the UK.

Hey thanks for your response. I'm going through an agency so I think it's a bit better trying to navigate the whole application process. Yeah I mean trying to get a temporary residency - I find all that kind of official documentation intimidating is what I meant.

That's good to know - was it hard to find private accomodation? Good to know it's cheap :smile:
Original post by willbrownfire123
Hey thanks for your response. I'm going through an agency so I think it's a bit better trying to navigate the whole application process. Yeah I mean trying to get a temporary residency - I find all that kind of official documentation intimidating is what I meant.

That's good to know - was it hard to find private accomodation? Good to know it's cheap :smile:

Yes the agents do it all for you. They also speak the language so that helps.
Nope, it wasn't difficult. The agents can help with that also.

Private accommodation also comes in two forms an old house or a newly renovated building. Just so you know what's available. A newly renovated house is slightly more expensive than a old house but still affordable.
Yes the agents do it all for you. They also speak the language so that helps.
Nope, it wasn't difficult. The agents can help with that also.

Private accommodation also comes in two forms an old house or a newly renovated building. Just so you know what's available. A newly renovated house is slightly more expensive than a old house but still affordable.

Ok thanks for that. Do the old houses have a lot of problems though? I know in a lot of these places the older houses are cheaper but you end up paying more when u need repairs and that kind of stuff.
Hello, I’m joining this university as a transfer student. I wanted some advice regarding the course if anyone’s studied/studying here.
Hey, does GMC consider 6th year rotations an acceptable internship pattern (as a substitute for FY1) for full registration?
Reply 11
I am, What's up

Hello I really need to speak to you plz could u insta dm azhin__x

I just need clarifying on some things please
Original post by belle201
Hello I really need to speak to you plz could u insta xxx

I just need clarifying on some things please

Send a private message on here
Reply 13
Original post by DrChittychatty
Hello, I’m joining this university as a transfer student. I wanted some advice regarding the course if anyone’s studied/studying here.

Are You still studying? How is it going/How has it been?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending