The Student Room Group

Histopathology ST1 2021 Applications

What does everyone think of the application process thus far? I thought the self-assessment scoring was very harsh. I'm quite disappointed they didn't include prizes to their list for points. I also attended the Path to Success event this year and unfortunately didn't get much info on how the interview process might change this year.

Has anyone heard any info from any other sources?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by drlestrange
What does everyone think of the application process thus far? I thought the self-assessment scoring was very harsh. I'm quite disappointed they didn't include prizes to their list for points. I also attended the Path to Success event this year and unfortunately didn't get much info on how the interview process might change this year.

Has anyone heard any info from any other sources?

Agreed - didn’t love the self scoring part!

Emailed and got this response, so I guess we have to wait and see.
Reply 2
My self assessment seems very low. Just have to hope everyone else’s is as well! 😄 Do you know when we hear if we progress to interview?
Thanks for sharing this response! Has anyone shortlisted already? My shortlisting is still in progress in Oriel.
Reply 4
Mine still says shortlisting in progress too. I guess that will change once interviews are released on the 26th. Wonder what the interview will entail?!
Reply 5
Mines also saying short listing in progress
Reply 6
Original post by ab678
Mine still says shortlisting in progress too. I guess that will change once interviews are released on the 26th. Wonder what the interview will entail?!

Same here! I'm assuming it shouldn't be too different from what they've expected in previous years, but I guess we'll find out soon enough!
The attachment from our colleague above talks about the 26th Jan for an invite and I received the result of my appeal against one of my scores this afternoon so hopefully we will hear tomorrow
Reply 8
A colleague heard just now they haven’t got an interview.
It says (can’t remember exact number) approx 240 applied and 180 have been invited to interview.
She had an assessment score of 14.
I got a classic 3am email from oriel saying my application status had changed to interview but nothing from lakks yet, anyone else?
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
I got a classic 3am email from oriel saying my application status had changed to interview but nothing from lakks yet, anyone else?

Yes me too. Status changed to interview, but no invite yet.
Reply 11
Interview invites have now showed up on Oriel, don’t bother waiting for an email!
Reply 12
Just booked mine. Still no info about the format yet :frown:
Reply 13
At Path To Success they said it would be very similar in content to the normal interviews, just done in one long interview rather than short stations.
Reply 14
Original post by DrRose
At Path To Success they said it would be very similar in content to the normal interviews, just done in one long interview rather than short stations.

Ahh ok, that’s really helpful. Thanks :smile:
Reply 15
Did they send the interview structure today?!
Reply 16
No, I don’t think they have given any info on the format of the interview yet. Does anyone know how our score will be calculated? Obviously self assessment plus interview - but will there be a score for the application form too? My self assessment score was so low, I need all the help I can get!!
Original post by **v
No, I don’t think they have given any info on the format of the interview yet. Does anyone know how our score will be calculated? Obviously self assessment plus interview - but will there be a score for the application form too? My self assessment score was so low, I need all the help I can get!!

The applicant handbook says it will be a combination of our self assessment score and interview but I really hope they score the application form too! Does anyone know what the cut off was to get invited to interview?
Reply 18
Original post by drlestrange
The applicant handbook says it will be a combination of our self assessment score and interview but I really hope they score the application form too! Does anyone know what the cut off was to get invited to interview?

Somewhere between 14 and 19
Hey all, I'm another of the interviewees this round. I have an ACF offer, so theoretically just need to hit "appointability," but I'm not sure what this threshold is. Does anyone know what was used as threshold for appointability in previous years, or what will be used this year? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending