The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trust737
Hi guys,

After all the research i have done i feel like Dnipro University Medical Institute offers more and they are more settled then NVU please share your opinions to help me out with this choice as you can tell i am struggling to decide. Your answer very much appreciated.

Yeah I've just finished my 1st year at dnipro and I love it here. Proper attached to the city. Very supportive teachers. Awesome british and international community, I really reccomend it!
Don't know much about NVU..
Reply 2
Original post by MedAbroad
Yeah I've just finished my 1st year at dnipro and I love it here. Proper attached to the city. Very supportive teachers. Awesome british and international community, I really reccomend it!
Don't know much about NVU..

Thanks a lot i am so glad to hear that also thanks for reassuring me. I haven't heard anything negative yet.
Reply 3
Whatever you do AVOID AGENCIES TRYING TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

The application process is quite simple, and if you contact the universities they should be happy to help.

SME (studymedicineeurope) charge you £2500 for posting a few papers.

DO NOT let them give you false deadlines. They will tell you you only have a few days to decide. they are trying to pressure you into paying them.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Jess9700

The application process is quite simple, and if you contact the universities they should be happy to help.

SME (studymedicineeurope) who charge you £2500 for posting a few papers.

DO NOT let them give you false deadlines. They will tell you you only have a few days to decide. they are trying to pressure you into paying them.

Thanks for your advice i contacted with the school but frankly they only accept applications through Medlink:frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks for your advice i contacted with the school but frankly they only accept applications through Medlink:frown:

Hi guys,

After all the research i have done i feel like Dnipro University Medical Institute offers more and they are more settled then NVU please share your opinions to help me out with this choice as you can tell i am struggling to decide. Your answer very much appreciated.

hi have u decided yet, i am in the same situation can I dm you
Reply 6
Hi guys,

I honestly have never felt so confused in my life. It's just odd that there aren't any past students to contact, all I am seeing are students who are currently attending there. At this point, I fear I've wasted my money starting the application process.
Heyy guys - I just sent my application off to Dnipro for grad entry in dent for Sept 2021! I am suddenly so stressed omg
Reply 8
Original post by melillie
I honestly have never felt so confused in my life. It's just odd that there aren't any past students to contact, all I am seeing are students who are currently attending there. At this point, I fear I've wasted my money starting the application process.

Me too man, I don't know if dnipro is the right choice there is no real evidence, can't find anything. I wish I could go there to visit first and see for myself
Original post by melillie

It's all about doing your research before going and looking at the facts. Is the university accredited in its country?
is it listed in the world directory of medical schools?
If you're planning on practicing in a specific country after graduating from a university abroad, all you have to do is call the medical council in the country that you want to return to and ask them if they had graduates from Dnipro come before and they will confirm to you. so I'm sure they'll be able to let you know whether you can practice there or not.
Hi guys,

Yeah, I am a med student at Dnipro and I really like it here! The teachers are always willing to help you, the international community, the support of Medlink... And much more. For these reasons, I am happy about Dnipro! I do not know much about NVU but you can contact Medlink and ask them about these universities and they will explain the cons and pros in each one!
Original post by Georges Martinez
Yeah, I am a med student at Dnipro and I really like it here! The teachers are always willing to help you, the international community, the support of Medlink... And much more. For these reasons, I am happy about Dnipro! I do not know much about NVU but you can contact Medlink and ask them about these universities and they will explain the cons and pros in each one!

im starting in febraury for medicine, medlink said i could do the first 2 years online, i will joning from the 2nd semester and will need to catch up from Semester 1 work. what are your thoughts about semester one? was it really difficult?
Original post by Saud Rehman
im starting in febraury for medicine, medlink said i could do the first 2 years online, i will joning from the 2nd semester and will need to catch up from Semester 1 work. what are your thoughts about semester one? was it really difficult?

Hey brother I am also in the same boat as you guys, contemplating if Dnipro is worth it or not as the info I was finding was not giving me enough details especially for International Residency and Internship in US and UK, are you from Saudi Arabia brother Saud?
Original post by Al.Doseri
Hey brother I am also in the same boat as you guys, contemplating if Dnipro is worth it or not as the info I was finding was not giving me enough details especially for International Residency and Internship in US and UK, are you from Saudi Arabia brother Saud?

as salaamu alaykum ,
im not from Saudi Arabia, im from UK. this university seems alright, it has been established in 1993 which is reassuring and has a good population of muslims and asians which is also good for me , won't feel so alien.
Original post by Saud Rehman
as salaamu alaykum ,
im not from Saudi Arabia, im from UK. this university seems alright, it has been established in 1993 which is reassuring and has a good population of muslims and asians which is also good for me , won't feel so alien.

In Regards to the GMC, do you have any information if there are any graduates that have registered with the UK GMC?
In Regards to the GMC, do you have any information if there are any graduates that have registered with the UK GMC?

there is NO university outside the Uk that is GMC recognized. only the criteria that are met are recognized and this university from my knowledge does meet the requirements, I made a GMC account and found this university on the list of Ukrainian universities that they may accept. With Brexit at the moment, it doesn't really matter if you're a graduate from Asia, Europe, or even Africa, all medical graduates will have to take the PLAB/ UKMLE.

As long as the university meets the criteria of the GMC then you can practice in the UK all you have to do is the exam. And right now after BREXIT it doesn’t matter if you study in Dnipro or Romania or any European university, and Dnipro meets the criteria. Hope this explanation helps bro
I see thank you Georges and Saud, also another question I have is if anyone of you have any information for the comparison between Dnipro and Georgian National University SEU in regards to the level of their educational level , their structures, Residency acceptance and overall quality compared to Dnipro.
Original post by Jess9700

SME (studymedicineeurope) charge you £2500 for posting a few papers.

Hi, I'm looking to apply to Georgia NVU, I was going to apply through SME and have arranged an appointment. I'm also going to contact the university themselves to see if I can apply directly. What are your thoughts on this?
Reply 19
The th

Original post by Alexa Kd
Hi, I'm looking to apply to Georgia NVU, I was going to apply through SME and have arranged an appointment. I'm also going to contact the university themselves to see if I can apply directly. What are your thoughts on this?

The thing is the uni themselves will refer u to the agency especially dnipro

Latest

Trending

Trending