The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool Uni - Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Year 0)

Hi guys,

Has/is anyone applying for the foundation degree for health in Liverpool uni for 2021? Or has anyone started this year?

Looking for some advice/tips regarding interview process and any information you feel helped you in your PS.

(Mature student, 28, new mum, working in healthcare in prison services)

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I’ve applied for this course too, for the Diagnostic Radiography pathway 😊

PS was difficult I think just because I couldn’t get any work experience due to covid, but I did a lot of research on the role and think I did the best I can! I can imagine you doing really well if you already work in healthcare!

Really hope I get an interview, fingers crossed! 🤞🤞

Best of luck to you!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Ahh fingers crossed we both get a place! It’s was so hard wasn’t it with not having actual experience! Did you get an email from the uni with an update? Hopefully hear about an interview soon! Keep me updated ☺️
Reply 3
Hi CC2804, did you hear anything back regarding an interview or do you know when we can expect to? thanks
Reply 4
Hi! Still not had an actual interview email no! I’m assuming we should have one by end of Feb! ☺️
Reply 5
Hi,
I’m thinking about applying for this course on the Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology pathway!

I already have a degree but not science related so I don’t know where that leaves me, if anyone has any experience with this?

I’m not sure if I’m too late to apply for this September, I’ve emailed the admissions tutor and the school of health sciences... so just waiting to hear back!

Quite nervous about returning to education, but it’s now or never! :smile:
Original post by Clair_P
Hi,
I’m thinking about applying for this course on the Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology pathway!

I already have a degree but not science related so I don’t know where that leaves me, if anyone has any experience with this?

I’m not sure if I’m too late to apply for this September, I’ve emailed the admissions tutor and the school of health sciences... so just waiting to hear back!

Quite nervous about returning to education, but it’s now or never! :smile:

I am in the same position as you! Graduated with a BA in graphics in 2019 but didn’t vibe with the industry. I would have definitely gone down the science/healthcare pathway if I’d had the confidence when I was younger, so hoping this course will give me a second chance 😊

I think you have until Jan 29th to apply via UCAS but the Liverpool uni website says that they are accepting applications for undergrad courses until Feb 12th

Best of luck!
Reply 7
Yeah I think the cut off for UCAS is 29th but you’d be definitely better speaking to the department. They’ve been really helpful when I’ve emailed. Good luck! ☺️
Reply 8
Original post by cc2804
Yeah I think the cut off for UCAS is 29th but you’d be definitely better speaking to the department. They’ve been really helpful when I’ve emailed. Good luck! ☺️

Thank you! You too! 😊
How quick are they to respond? I’m most probably being impatient haha, I emailed beginning of last week and I’ve tried phoning them but the number doesn’t connect.

Original post by illoqueen
I am in the same position as you! Graduated with a BA in graphics in 2019 but didn’t vibe with the industry. I would have definitely gone down the science/healthcare pathway if I’d had the confidence when I was younger, so hoping this course will give me a second chance 😊

I think you have until Jan 29th to apply via UCAS but the Liverpool uni website says that they are accepting applications for undergrad courses until Feb 12th

Best of luck!

Ahh really similar backgrounds! I graduated in 2012 in illustration. I’ve been sucked into the world of retail for the past 9 years and now currently run my own store... but it’s not something I want to do for the rest of my life.
This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time now so fingers crossed!

Best of luck too! 😊😊
Hey! I’ve applied for the Medicine pathway, honestly not even sure if I’m eligible to be on the course. I’m just about to finish my degree but it’s in a completely unrelated subject. I haven’t done sciences since my GCSE’s...I’ve spoken to some people who have done the course and they said it should be fine. Good luck everyone!
Hi guys - anyone else heard back yet ?
Original post by Mattys96

I’ve not, have you?
Not yet, unsure when a response is expected from them

I haven’t either. I’m thinking maybe we’ll start hearing back after the 12th because I think the uni is still accepting applications up until then?
Reply 14

I’ve had an email to say I should expect an official of mail with an interview soon. But still awaiting my actual email.
I’ve also applied for this year, so far haven’t come across anyone applying for the vet pathway?

Haven’t heard anything but didn’t send my application January so maybe still too soon?
I’m hoping I’m eligible.... I’ll be 21 starting the course I have A levels (not the right ones for the normal course) but I’ve been working in hospitality and then a vet practice since leaving school? Any news on interviews for anyone else yet?
Beth x
Haven’t heard anything yet, but my partner applied to do Biochemistry at Uni of Liverpool and was offered a place on Friday, so hopefully it won’t be long before we hear back too! 😊
Reply 17
just had my email to confirm my interview! anyone else? im starting to worry already! good luck all x
Reply 18
Original post by cc2804
just had my email to confirm my interview! anyone else? im starting to worry already! good luck all x

Ahhh good luck!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Keep us updated!

I’m still waiting to hear, hoping it won’t be much longer x
Original post by cc2804

Congratulations! Haven’t heard anything yet, crossing my fingers. When is the interview? Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending