The Student Room Group

Medicine: New Vision University, Georgia 2020/21

Hi guys, I have submitted my application to NVU for 2021 through SME and will hopefully study Medicine for 5 years. Is there anyone else who is applying? Does anyone know how many of the first year intakes actually successfully graduated? How it like studying at NVU? Do you think I should also apply to unis here in the UK? Any info would be profoundly valued!
Many thanks in advance!! :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by _debt
Hi guys, I have submitted my application to NVU for 2021 through SME and will hopefully study Medicine for 5 years. Is there anyone else who is applying here? Does anyone know how many of the first year intakes actually graduate? How it like studying at NVU? Do you think I should also apply to unis here in the UK? Any input would be highly appreciated!

Hallo ! My name is Elena and I am studying at NVU. I have to say that the university is really good . At the beginning I was afraid but the professors are so good and they give you motivation to go on and not quit medicine and as we all know our profession its tough. Also I love the life in Georgia , amazing food and amazing people !!! The first graduation will be this year as the university is new ! If you want my opinion you can try at NVU than to stay in UK .. SME also support the students a lot, so don't worry if you will contact with them you will feel secure.
Reply 2
Watch out for agencies such SME

They will say anything to take your money.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by _debt
Hi guys, I have submitted my application to NVU for 2021 through SME and will hopefully study Medicine for 5 years. Is there anyone else who is applying here? Does anyone know how many of the first year intakes actually graduate? How it like studying at NVU? Do you think I should also apply to unis here in the UK? Any input would be highly appreciated!

Hi, I started in May this year. Catching up with the March cohort 😃
All online so far due to Covid and unsure when this will change at the moment.
Reply 4
Original post by Sjjen3

Thanks for the reply! Are you an undergraduate from the UK?
Reply 5
Original post by _debt
Thanks for the reply! Are you an undergraduate from the UK?

Hi, I’m graduate entry from the UK. Studying a four year course.
Reply 6
Original post by Jess9700
Watch out for agencies such SME

They will say anything to take your money. A lot of them have fake accounts on here saying "oh my mate has been studying at ..... and is having a great time"

hi jess, can i ask what's happened with you to be concerned with SME? i was thinking to apply but interested to hear your feedback. many thanks for your time
artie
Reply 7
Original post by Sjjen3

Great! Have there been any medicine graduation ceremonies from NVU so far?
Original post by _debt

Hi, I have taken the graduate entry route in Medicine NVU and it is really good. Amazing place, mountains and lovely sites and the food is lovely too. Hope you enjoy your time here when you arrive.
If you have a chance to apply to unis in UK, go for it. But if, before then your studies in Georgia will start, I would say not to bother. Don't waste anymore years. Time is precious.
Original post by elenanoel12
Hallo ! My name is Elena and I am studying at NVU. I have to say that the university is really good . At the beginning I was afraid but the professors are so good and they give you motivation to go on and not quit medicine and as we all know our profession its tough. Also I love the life in Georgia , amazing food and amazing people !!! The first graduation will be this year as the university is new ! If you want my opinion you can try at NVU than to stay in UK .. SME also support the students a lot, so don't worry if you will contact with them you will feel secure.

Do you know anything about clinical placements in the uk ?
Original post by Sjjen3

Hi how are you finding it please?
Reply 11
Original post by _debt

Original post by Sjjen3

Hi can I pm u, I'm planning to do GEM there as well, wat undergrad do u have
Reply 12
Original post by RAMAHONY1
Do you know anything about clinical placements in the uk ?

Clinical placements have started this year for NVU students in their final few years. From what I know its based in hospitals in London, and is pretty expensive (easily £5k-£7k for 6 months) - price depends on hospital too.
I’d recommend you check out Armenia instead because

Original post by R442
Hi can I pm u, I'm planning to do GEM there as well, wat undergrad do u have

Be careful with Georgia, some of their qualifications are not accepted by gmc! You don’t want to spend 4/6 years only to end up not being able to practice in UK
https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/join-the-register/before-you-apply/acceptable-overseas-qualifications/overseas-medical-qualifications-we-may-accept
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
I’d recommend you check out Armenia instead because

Be careful with Georgia, some of their qualifications are not accepted by gmc! You don’t want to spend 4/6 years only to end up not being able to practice in UK
https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/join-the-register/before-you-apply/acceptable-overseas-qualifications/overseas-medical-qualifications-we-may-accept

I read that it is part of the list that says "we may accept" meaning if you meet all the requirements such as doing all the hours of studying and rotations then you will be enrolled. However i understand that it is risky as you may not be able to practice in the U.K. Not sure if it is worth the risk
Reply 15
Hi I am currently in my second year of biochemistry in the U.K and I am looking to apply for graduate entry medicine. I will apply for places in the U.K but I have looked at NVU as a backup just in case, as you can apparently study from the U.K which would be great for me as I live here with my family. Is anyone currently studying at NVU from the U.K?

Many thanks
Reply 16
Hi, Can I ask about the curriculum at NVU? I have applied to the four year course as well but I don't know how it works. Do we join year 3 medicine student and if yes how do we cover all the content we missed from past two years? Also, is it true that NVU provides 5500 hours in total?
Reply 17
Original post by rshams
Hi, Can I ask about the curriculum at NVU? I have applied to the four year course as well but I don't know how it works. Do we join year 3 medicine student and if yes how do we cover all the content we missed from past two years? Also, is it true that NVU provides 5500 hours in total?

hello, i will be starting NVU soon and i'm wondering what you mean when you said you applied for the 4 year course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending