The Student Room Group

new laptop

Hi ya'll,

okay so, im starting university this year and i need a new laptop. I am gonna study computer science, so do you guys have any suggestions for any good and affordable laptop?
I am currently using an HP core i5 7th gen, but its very laggy.

Scroll to see replies

What are your needs?
Also - how is your current laptop laggy? How much RAM does it have? Have your decluttered recently?
Reply 2
Original post by swiftie101
Hi ya'll,

okay so, im starting university this year and i need a new laptop. I am gonna study computer science, so do you guys have any suggestions for any good and affordable laptop?
I am currently using an HP core i5 7th gen, but its very laggy.

hp nootebook really good ive used it for a couple tears and works perfectly
Reply 3
i just need something thats lightweight and fast i guess.
yeah i have so many pictures and videos on my current laptop. i need to declutter it. But even when it wasnt cluttered it used to take forever to boot up and it still does.

Original post by Vapordave
What are your needs?
Also - how is your current laptop laggy? How much RAM does it have? Have your decluttered recently?
Reply 4
it has 2gb ram btw
Reply 5
Original post by fluff1
hp nootebook really good ive used it for a couple tears and works perfectly

oh really,
ill check it out! thank you for your suggestion!
i really appreciate it
I have the same laptop as you, and also need a new one for uni this year so I'm just going to look at the responses lol. Don't mind me.
Reply 7
Original post by AnxiousNobody
I have the same laptop as you, and also need a new one for uni this year so I'm just going to look at the responses lol. Don't mind me.

haha no worries :smile:
Reply 8

is your laptop laggy too?
I'd recommend the Huawei Matebook Pro
Brilliant!
Not laggy, i think 8gb of RAM, lightweight, 10hrs battery, fingerprint recognition lock.
Best laptop I've had so far - I use it all day every day for Uni and the battery lasts, stays fast and is not laggy!
Yep. How long have you had yours for?
it has 2gb ram btw

That'll do it. I recommend buying a laptop with 8 GB of RAM, that'll make multitasking easier and you'll be able to find one with 8 GB of RAM at a reasonable price without compromising on the processor. I also recommend buying one from cex.com, the prices are decent and I'm pretty sure their laptops come with a warranty.
Reply 12
oh really,
ill check it out! thank you for your suggestion!
i really appreciate it

no problem its very lightweight as wellxx
Original post by doubleGs
That'll do it. I recommend buying a laptop with 8 GB of RAM, that'll make multitasking easier and you'll be able to find one with 8 GB of RAM at a reasonable price without compromising on the processor. I also recommend buying one from cex.com, the prices are decent and I'm pretty sure their laptops come with a warranty.

oh thank you so much! i really appreciate it.
i will definitely check the website out.
Thanks again :smile:
Yep. How long have you had yours for?

for 3 years.
wbu?
Original post by SammyLBell
Brilliant!
Not laggy, i think 8gb of RAM, lightweight, 10hrs battery, fingerprint recognition lock.
Best laptop I've had so far - I use it all day every day for Uni and the battery lasts, stays fast and is not laggy!

omg thank you so much!
ill check it out.
for 3 years.
wbu?

Wow same, beginning of 2018
Original post by SammyLBell
Brilliant!

Thank you!
Wow same, beginning of 2018

i got mine mid 2018 for my 17th birthday
(edited 3 years ago)
yeah true :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending