The Student Room Group

Applying for nursing 2021 queens and magee

Anyone else applying??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya, I'm also considering applying, I'm just stuck between Nursing and Midwifery atm!!
Reply 2
I’m applying to Magee for adult nursing.
Hi all I'm a mature student now plan to apply for nursing as I did when I was 18 but didn't get accepted. Since then iv gained experience and want to have another go at applying I want my personal statement to be good but would love any advice from someone who is applying or applied and was accepted on where to start and formats etc

Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by cll21
Hi, I applied for adult nursing at a number of places and sent my UCAS away on the 20th October and got two interviews within a week later! I had my interview for Liverpool John Moores there 4 day’s ago on the 3rd November, although I was so nervous and have definitely messed it up :/ has anyone else had their interviews and / or heard back yet???

Queens and Magee won’t release interview offers until after the closing date so probably mid-late January and interviews in February and March.
I’m sure you did fine in the interview.
Has anyone received a phone call from Magee regarding offers ? I got a phone call today to say that academically they could give me a unconditional offer subject to passing the video interview of course ! Haven’t heard of Ulster giving out offers like this before
Original post by Amee14
Has anyone received a phone call from Magee regarding offers ? I got a phone call today to say that academically they could give me a unconditional offer subject to passing the video interview of course ! Haven’t heard of Ulster giving oiv ut offers like this before

I've just been reading the same scenario on another thread, when did you apply and well done congrats 😀
Original post by Louise2021
I've just been reading the same scenario on another thread, when did you apply and well done congrats 😀

I sent my UCAS off 2 weeks ago ... my reference was only completed two days ago and sent. I hadn’t even received a welcome email! Definitely need to pass the interview stage though... but less pressure knowing I’ve meet the academic requirements
Reply 8
Original post by Amee14
Has anyone received a phone call from Magee regarding offers ? I got a phone call today to say that academically they could give me a unconditional offer subject to passing the video interview of course ! Haven’t heard of Ulster giving out offers like this before

Hiya, do you think it’s possible they’re doing that due to exams being cancelled or are you a mature student etc??
Original post by cll21
Hiya, do you think it’s possible they’re doing that due to exams being cancelled or are you a mature student etc??

I already had met the entry requirements from previous qualifications...I’m currently doing a Foundation degree so I assumed they would look at my results on this current course first .. I am 27 so a mature student aswell
Does anyone know if Queens are only accepting students from Northern Ireland this year as that’s what Ulster is doing? :smile:
Hi, I’ve just applied to queens and Magee
Reply 12
Original post by Lola2334
Hi, I’ve just applied to queens and Magee

Hiya, what branches did you apply for?
Original post by mmcla55
Hiya, what branches did you apply for?

Adult and Children’s. You ?
Reply 14
Original post by Lola2334
Adult and Children’s. You ?

Adult, MH and LD, adults would be my first choice though!
Has anyone heard back from interviews?
Original post by Lx&amp
Has anyone heard back from interviews?

Nothing yet. The wait is a killer 🙈
Reply 17
Anyone have an idea of when we will hear? I seen people say the 6th but last year it was the 19th :frown:
Original post by nana8
Anyone have an idea of when we will hear? I seen people say the 6th but last year it was the 19th :frown:

It was only the 19th for a small batch, most heard on the 11th.

Last year they were caught on the back foot and had no idea their usual process would need to be changed. This year they’re prepared so I’d hope we won’t be kept waiting. I’m going by the 6th purely because it’s when Queens usually release their decisions. I think we’ll know more about a date towards the end of April.

The deadline is the 20th May which is just over 7 weeks.
Just seen on the other thread some rejections have come through and heard of the first yesterday in class. Anyone else heard ? Both were for Adult nursing at Magee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending