The Student Room Group

£500 for Covid diagnosis encourages bad habits!

Why is the Government offering £500 for people who are testing positive? Surely this is just going to encourage bad habits particularly among the benefits community who will see it as bonus beer money! Together with trying to use school meal vouchers for alcohol which the MSM has highlighted before to the point that major supermarkets have to put notices up saying no cant do it dont ask!!

Even the benefits junkies on mumsnet and other such groups are talking about having covid parties to spread it about and cop a cool 500 quid each, you couldnt make it up!

This will only cause the infection rate to go up and policy should be abandoned stat
thats like arguing that food stamps are bad cause people will quit their jobs just to get free food stamps
Completely against this. We’ve spent enough.
It isn't even Government policy :lol:
Since when has the Government started offering £500 to all the people who test positive for covid? :rolleyes:
Reply 5
I thought the £500 was to help people out who live month to month. Sounds to me like a sensible policy?
Reply 6
Original post by Pythian
I thought the £500 was to help people out who live month to month. Sounds to me like a sensible policy?

need a positive test first in conjunction with being benefit dependent. Just like the virus once they realise the bounty is on offer no wonder on mumsnet and other such groups they are suggesting to spread it around their other benefit mates!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by imlikeahermit
Completely against this. We’ve spent enough.

We've spent nothing. The Bank of England has spent loads.
Reply 8
Original post by monkeybest
need a positive test first in conjunction with being benefit dependent. Just like the virus once they realise the bounty is on offer no wonder on mumsnet and other such groups they are suggesting to spread it around their other benefit mates!

Isnt £500 a small price to pay for them to get covid?
Reply 9
as highlighted today the £500 is given only to those on benefits doing f all and sat at home 24/7 so why do they need an extra 500 quid to spend on beer and topping up their sky package?

already all the benefit junkies on mumsnet etc are highlighting how to scam the 500 quid and even suggesting covid parties to make an easy 500 quid for zero effort. They dont work sit at home all day so why do they need an extra 500 nicker to do the same?!

If they are sat at home 24/7 how they got covid?

They need to get to a covid party at their local pub or just pass round the swabs. Either way its work, not zero work.

Gor your £500? Barely worth it, can't get an xbox for that.
Reply 10
they probably got it when they went down the offie to top up on Stella then just spread it about especially when 500 quid on offer if they can ensure all their chav mates get it by coughing on them (cough aint much work is it) they can rack up a few grand easy

More work than you can be bothered doing though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending