The Student Room Group

Aqa a level biology lung diseases

Hi I was just wondering if there’s anyone doing a level biology- Basically on the spec for the lung section it has these spec points

interpret information relating to the effects of lung disease on gas exchange and/or ventilation
-interpret data relating to the effects of pollution and smoking on the incidence of lung disease
-analyse and interpret data associated with specific risk factors and the incidence of lung disease
-evaluate the way in which experimental data led to statutory restrictions on the sources of risk factors
-recognise correlations and causal relationships."

Is it necessary to learn all the details and causes for the different lung diseases or do I need to be able to interpret data regarding them. In the CGP revision guide it has 2 pages on lung diseases but in the official textbook it just has a graph practise question. Would it be helpful for any application questions to know details or would it just be a waste of time. I would be grateful for any advice.
Hi! It has been a couple years since I did my A Levels but this spec looks like what I studied! I would definitely suggest learning the info about the diseases, as whilst the bulk of the questions will be about interpreting graphs, they will throw in the odd question asking you to say WHY the data is how it is. Then you would have to use your knowledge of the different diseases as they each effect parts of the lungs differently and that can have an effect on the way the data looks. I hope that makes sense!!
Original post by katerebecca
Hi! It has been a couple years since I did my A Levels but this spec looks like what I studied! I would definitely suggest learning the info about the diseases, as whilst the bulk of the questions will be about interpreting graphs, they will throw in the odd question asking you to say WHY the data is how it is. Then you would have to use your knowledge of the different diseases as they each effect parts of the lungs differently and that can have an effect on the way the data looks. I hope that makes sense!!

Ok yeah thanks so I’ll just make some notes on it then

Quick Reply

Latest