The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2021 offer holders thread

Heyyyyy!! This is a thread for anybody who has received an offer to study at the University of Nottingham! 🙂
Let's find out who we are gonna be with and will possibly meet there in the future🥳

What did you apply for?
A levels? IB? international?
GCSEs?
what other unis did you apply to??
oooh I have! I applied for biological and medicinal chemistry and also molecular medicine but pretty sure I’ll do the chemistry if I get in :smile: I also applied to Liverpool, Manchester and Keele. what did you apply for?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by yasmin03
oooh I have! I applied for biological and medicinal chemistry and also molecular medicine but pretty sure I’ll do the chemistry if I get in :smile: I also applied to Liverpool, Manchester and Keele. what did you apply for?

Heyy! wow chem, that's cool!! Congrats on your offer😀 I got in for Computer Science! I applied to Kings, Warwick and Glasgow as well.
Heya, I’ve applied for English!I study English Literature, Philosophy and Ethics and French at A-Level with an EPQ:smile:I’ve applied to Sheffield, York and Exeter too but Nottingham is my top choice!
Original post by Rubixxube
Heyy! wow chem, that's cool!! Congrats on your offer😀 I got in for Computer Science! I applied to Kings, Warwick and Glasgow as well.

oh wow that’s really cool! what’s your top choice?
Reply 5

Kings, but idk if I'll get accepted, they've had my application for over 2 months now and there's still no reply😭
Reply 6
Kings, but idk if I'll get accepted, they've had my application for over 2 months now and there's still no reply😭

I've been waiting 2 months now as well without a response for comp sci :frown:. Got an offer from Nottingham though! Not my first choice sadly
Reply 7
Original post by vdog
I've been waiting 2 months now as well without a response for comp sci :frown:. Got an offer from Nottingham though! Not my first choice sadly

Sameeee. Waiting for 2 months for comp sci without a reply and got an offer from Nottingham which isn't my first choice😂 What other unis did you apply to?
Reply 8
Sameeee. Waiting for 2 months for comp sci without a reply and got an offer from Nottingham which isn't my first choice😂 What other unis did you apply to?

I'm an EU citizen but currently living in China, so I didn't really take my UCAS applications seriously with 30k international fees. Either way now I'm focused on getting into kings with a 40/45 IB with 776HL (A*A*A I'm pretty sure for A-Levels).

Anyway, I applied to Kings (First choice), Newcastle (second), Nottingham (maybe?), and then queen mary and royal holloway which I'm not even considering lol. Just hoping to get into King's

I'm doing computer science at higher level but not mathematics, which is why I'm scared I'll only barely reach the requirements (messed up my IGCSEs and got a C in cambridge maths as well lol)

What about you?
Reply 9
I think King's just takes a while to reply. Been waiting for a month now myself for Bsc comp sci. Speaking of, I've got an offer at Nottingham as well!
Reply 10
Original post by vdog
I'm an EU citizen but currently living in China, so I didn't really take my UCAS applications seriously with 30k international fees. Either way now I'm focused on getting into kings with a 40/45 IB with 776HL (A*A*A I'm pretty sure for A-Levels).

Anyway, I applied to Kings (First choice), Newcastle (second), Nottingham (maybe?), and then queen mary and royal holloway which I'm not even considering lol. Just hoping to get into King's

I'm doing computer science at higher level but not mathematics, which is why I'm scared I'll only barely reach the requirements (messed up my IGCSEs and got a C in cambridge maths as well lol)

What about you?

I am also an international student. I go to school in England but am currently in a country called The Gambia (don't know if you've heard about it🙂). My predicted grades are A*A*AA in Comp sci, economics, math and chemistry respectively (A levels obviously).
I applied to Kings,Glasgow, Warwick and Nottingham and have only gotten 1 offer so far from notts.

Never heard of royal Holloway tbh, rest sound sound, where is it?
Also, isn't math a requirement for comp sci cuz that's what I saw for most unis (idk why cuz it sucks, but yeah)?
My IGCSEs were decent (I guess) - A*A*AAAAAAAB (B in additional mathematics, but I still got one of the highest in our school for it so)
Dw about your IGCSE's, they like students who have a positive graph with lots of improvement, shows that they can work on themselves, your IB sounds amazing so I'm sure they have a solid reason to take you!🙂 Fingers crossed!!
Reply 11
Original post by vdog
I think King's just takes a while to reply. Been waiting for a month now myself for Bsc comp sci. Speaking of, I've got an offer at Nottingham as well!

Yep, Kings is taking longer than usual this time though. Congrats about notts, at least we know we goin somewhere 🥳
Reply 12
I am also an international student. I go to school in England but am currently in a country called The Gambia (don't know if you've heard about it🙂). My predicted grades are A*A*AA in Comp sci, economics, math and chemistry respectively (A levels obviously).
I applied to Kings,Glasgow, Warwick and Nottingham and have only gotten 1 offer so far from notts.

Also, isn't math a requirement for comp sci cuz that's what I saw for most unis (idk why cuz it sucks, but yeah)?
My IGCSEs were decent (I guess) - A*A*AAAAAAAB (B in additional mathematics, but I still got one of the highest in our school for it so)
Dw about your IGCSE's, they like students who have a positive graph with lots of improvement, shows that they can work on themselves, your IB sounds amazing so I'm sure they have a solid reason to take you!🙂 Fingers crossed!!

Yeah! I meet the requirements so I'm not too worried at the moment. I'm doing a dutch math deficiency course that would grant me the equivalent of Mathematics HL so perhaps they would consider that in case I didn't make it (which would only be if exams are cancelled as my tests are really good but my exploration assessment is meh).

Royal holloway is just outside of London if I'm not mistaken, it's a really nice looking school but not as academic as I'm looking for.

And mathematics is a requirement for most uni's but I chose to apply to the ones that did not require it. Only a B is needed in Math SL to get into King's so I'm fine. I don't see a single reason why you wouldn't be considered and your grades are amazing. Wish you all the best as well!
(edited 3 years ago)
Heyyyyy!! This is a thread for anybody who has received an offer to study at the University of Nottingham! 🙂
Let's find out who we are gonna be with and will possibly meet there in the future🥳

What did you apply for?
A levels? IB? international?
GCSEs?
what other unis did you apply to??

Original post by tabithasorrel
Heya, I’ve applied for English!I study English Literature, Philosophy and Ethics and French at A-Level with an EPQ:smile:I’ve applied to Sheffield, York and Exeter too but Nottingham is my top choice!

Original post by vdog

Original post by vdog

What about you?

Original post by vdog

Yep, Kings is taking longer than usual this time though. Congrats about notts, at least we know we goin somewhere 🥳

Original post by vdog
Yeah! I meet the requirements so I'm not too worried at the moment. I'm doing a dutch math deficiency course that would grant me the equivalent of Mathematics HL so perhaps they would consider that in case I didn't make it (which would only be if exams are cancelled as my tests are really good but my exploration assessment is meh).

Royal holloway is just outside of London if I'm not mistaken, it's a really nice looking school but not as academic as I'm looking for.

And mathematics is a requirement for most uni's but I chose to apply to the ones that did not require it. Only a B is needed in Math SL to get into King's so I'm fine. I don't see a single reason why you wouldn't be considered and your grades are amazing. Wish you all the best as well!

Hi everyone,

The official offer holder's thread for UoN is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6766268

Congratulations to you all.

Latest