The Student Room Group

Cheated on my boyfriend do I tell him??

My boyfriends friend kissed me and I kissed him back I don't even know why I did that I don't like him and I love my boyfriend a lot we've been together for a year and a half. His friend told me we should forget about it and not tell him what happened.
should I tell him? even if it means he might break up with me???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You don't love your boyfriend if you kiss someone else. If he's a friend of your boyfriend he'll be around and it could be awkward or there could be temptation on either side.

Tell your boyfriend so he can have the option of ditching a girlfriend and friend who betray him and want to lie about what happened.

And you're kissing someone else during a pandemic?
It looks like you made a mistake and you regret it. That is positive of you. I dont judge you or condemn you, I dont have the moral upper hand, maybe you were drunk or just depressed and you did something wrong. You love your boyfriend. I think dont tell him, it will hurt him and always stand between you even if he forgives you. I know I would be hurt and it would be something which would always bother me and I would lose some trust. So dont tell him, but never do it again, and dont be around that guy who you kissed anymore. If you are still around that guy, it is something which would hurt your boyfriend if he knew.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
You don't love your boyfriend if you kiss someone else. If he's a friend of your boyfriend he'll be around and it could be awkward or there could be temptation on either side.

Tell your boyfriend so he can have the option of ditching a girlfriend and friend who betray him and want to lie about what happened.

And you're kissing someone else during a pandemic?

I do love him.
I kissed his friend back for a second then realized what the hell I was doing and then pushed him off and yelled at him for kissing me, and I don't wanna lie to my boyfriend I want to tell him what happened I'm just making sure it's the best thing to do.
Reply 4
Original post by LordMortimer83
It looks like you made a mistake and you regret it. That is positive of you. I dont judge you or condemn you, I dont have the moral upper hand, maybe you were drunk or just depressed and you did something wrong. You love your boyfriend. I think dont tell him, it will hurt him and always stand between you even if he forgives you. I know I would be hurt and it would be something which would always bother me and I would lose some trust. So dont tell him, but never do it again, and dont be around that guy who you kissed anymore. If you are still around that guy, it is something which would hurt your boyfriend if he knew.

I was drunk and I know it's not an excuse.
I blocked his friend everywhere and I won't be around him.
Thank you so much you're so kind.

If the guy you cheated with looks like Alain Delon, you don't need to apologize. It's cool
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I was drunk and I know it's not an excuse.
I blocked his friend everywhere and I won't be around him.
Thank you so much you're so kind.

How would you feel if your boyfriend had kissed your best girl friend? You may have blocked this guy (though why did you have him on socials if he's your boyfriend's friend?), but your boyfriend hasn't and deserves to know what happened.
Reply 7
Original post by RumiShirazi

If the guy you cheated with looks like Alain Delon, you don't need to apologize. It's cool

LMAO, unfortunately he does not.
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
How would you feel if your boyfriend had kissed your best girl friend? You may have blocked this guy (though why did you have him on socials if he's your boyfriend's friend?), but your boyfriend hasn't and deserves to know what happened.

Because this guy was my friend I've known him since the 6th grade and my bf doesn't care if we're friends.
Yes I know he does deserve to know what happened.
While I understand you’ve made a mistake stuff like that is going to eat you alive. I agree with the posts above he needs to choice of what to do with that information. Besides if the friend is doing that what else is he hiding from him
Just tell him he'll probably understand that you made a dumb mistake and I think he'll appreciate it if you told him the truth anyways and you have a wayyy better chance of staying together if u tell him rather than him finding out later on. just yolo and do it
It looks to me as if it was not real cheating, it seems as if you were drunk he kissed you and you just were late to push him back, but you did, so that was a half kiss. Dont tell your boyfriend, because that would make it bigger then what it is. He will be hurt.
Original post by zaina.aa
Just tell him he'll probably understand that you made a dumb mistake and I think he'll appreciate it if you told him the truth anyways and you have a wayyy better chance of staying together if u tell him rather than him finding out later on. just yolo and do it

just yolo my relationship away yay
just yolo my relationship away yay

lmaoo i mean what other choice do you have.
Or you can tell him. But make him really understand that it was a minor thing, and a stupid mistake. Tell him that you were drunk, and also mention that later you did pushed back the guy, after you realised what is going on. Tell it like you told us.
Reply 15
Because this guy was my friend I've known him since the 6th grade and my bf doesn't care if we're friends.
Yes I know he does deserve to know what happened.

Ah, so it's gone from kissing your boyfriend's friend (which makes it sound like someone you don't know that well) to kissing your friend. Any other bits you haven't been straight about?
Original post by Surnia
Ah, so it's gone from kissing your boyfriend's friend (which makes it sound like someone you don't know that well) to kissing your friend. Any other bits you haven't been straight about?

...he can be my friend and my boyfriend's friend,we go to the same school?
Original post by LordMortimer83
Or you can tell him. But make him really understand that it was a minor thing, and a stupid mistake. Tell him that you were drunk, and also mention that later you did pushed back the guy, after you realised what is going on. Tell it like you told us.

thanks I will tell him I've decided and I will do it like that. I just texted him. Wish me luck.
My boyfriends friend kissed me and I kissed him back I don't even know why I did that I don't like him and I love my boyfriend a lot we've been together for a year and a half. His friend told me we should forget about it and not tell him what happened.
should I tell him? even if it means he might break up with me???

well it might be good a idea before he fines out from someone else
I do love him.
I kissed his friend back for a second then realized what the hell I was doing and then pushed him off and yelled at him for kissing me, and I don't wanna lie to my boyfriend I want to tell him what happened I'm just making sure it's the best thing to do.

That's not cheating!

It's not like you had sexual intercourse!

If my girlfriend told me she'd done exactly the same as you, I'd ask if she enjoyed the experience and give her a big cuddle and pretty much forget about it soon after.

However your boyfriend might be one of those possessive, make a mountain out of a mole hill types.

This is one of those situations where there is no single right or wrong answer.

On the assumption that there were no witnesses, you could keep this hidden. And if this friend tells your boyfriend about it, either play it down, or lie about it and say that this friend has some sort of agenda.

Or you could be open and honest. In which case it might make your relationship untenable. Which would be fine. As it would be no big loss on your part to lose such a possessive and sensitive boyfriend.
Or if he's mature and cool about your kiss, then that would be a good thing as he'd see that you have the integrity to confess up to embarrassing things. Nobody's perfect. It's fine to reveal imperfections to your boyfriend.

All in all, the kiss was no big deal. Telling him or not telling him is no big deal. It's all a storm in a teacup.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending