The Student Room Group

RSM autumn 2021

Hi! I just wanted to open this thread to ask if anyone’s been accepted onto an RSM program for Autumn 2021.
I’ve been accepted for Audit in Preston :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi i just want to ask since you got the offer when you conpleted the assessment centre how long was it mine was rather short
Original post by RA_5675
Hi i just want to ask since you got the offer when you conpleted the assessment centre how long was it mine was rather short

Mine was 1hr and half. How was your parnter interview. Got mine tomorrow.
Reply 3
Original post by zaryabahs

Thanks for replying, are you applying to a graduate scheme because I wasn’t aware of any partner interview. Is this given after receiving your offer? Im not sure as to why mine was so short, I do recall that I didn’t get the introduction to RSM as a company but other than that everything was covered. I’m not applying for a graduate scheme by the way.
Reply 4

Also what was the task you completed based on?
I am applying for school leaver audit. no offer as far as I am aware. yh they said if you finish early thats fine because you covered everything required. it was a pre task and strength based competency questions
Reply 6

They told me an hour after my partner interview but I don’t think that that’s normal it could be a few working days but they won’t leave you in the dark. It’s really nothing to worry about they don’t ask you anything difficult it’s mainly to see if you two gel in a way so they can get a feel of your personality.
thanks man, that takes the pressure off a little. with some other company HR said it will be a informal interview and they asked serious questions and I was ill prepared so I was thinking it might be the same thing here.
Reply 8
thanks man, that takes the pressure off a little. with some other company HR said it will be a informal interview and they asked serious questions and I was ill prepared so I was thinking it might be the same thing here.

No worries. It’s mainly about your motivations for the industry rather than just quoting some revenue figures like you would in a formal interview. For my office they mainly wanted to see if you were passionate and willing to put the effort in to get the qualification. You could also ask questions in mine so they like it if you come up with some good ones.
alright man, really appreciate the advice. what office you based in.
Reply 10
alright man, really appreciate the advice. what office you based in.

Preston how about you?
looking for Manchester Audit
Reply 12
Nice, Manchester was my second choice. Good luck with your interview today.
thanks man. appreciate it.
Original post by lyates920
No worries. It’s mainly about your motivations for the industry rather than just quoting some revenue figures like you would in a formal interview. For my office they mainly wanted to see if you were passionate and willing to put the effort in to get the qualification. You could also ask questions in mine so they like it if you come up with some good ones.

Hey! I was wondering how long the interview part of the Assessment Centre lasted and if it was quite informal and chatty? Also I assume by the fact you have a partner interview after that it wasn't a partner hosting it? Thanks in advance
Reply 15
Original post by DantheMan4321
Hey! I was wondering how long the interview part of the Assessment Centre lasted and if it was quite informal and chatty? Also I assume by the fact you have a partner interview after that it wasn't a partner hosting it? Thanks in advance

My interview had two parts with two managers that Im going to be working with. The first was going through my prework one manager asked me questions about how I’d researched it and all that. Then the other asked me some strengths based questions. It took me about half an hour but it’s not timed or anything so you can take as long as you please.
My partner interview was the next day and mine lasted half an hour and it was 50/50 really with us both talking.
My interview had two parts with two managers that Im going to be working with. The first was going through my prework one manager asked me questions about how I’d researched it and all that. Then the other asked me some strengths based questions. It took me about half an hour but it’s not timed or anything so you can take as long as you please.
My partner interview was the next day and mine lasted half an hour and it was 50/50 really with us both talking.

Thanks! Were there any particularly strange/ challenging strength-based questions or were they all pretty standard?
I'm quite nervous for my one but it sounds better than a normal all day assessment centre
Reply 17
Original post by DantheMan4321
Thanks! Were there any particularly strange/ challenging strength-based questions or were they all pretty standard?
I'm quite nervous for my one but it sounds better than a normal all day assessment centre

Nothing particularly strange or weird. Tbh I’ve always found it’s easier to go in with zero predictions about those questions because they can always tell if it’s rehearsed.
What office and role did you apply to?
Nothing particularly strange or weird. Tbh I’ve always found it’s easier to go in with zero predictions about those questions because they can always tell if it’s rehearsed.
What office and role did you apply to?

In regards to the first interview for me it was strength based question such as tell me a time. Regarding the partner interview, did they tell you about this in the first interview as I wasn't notified about this? Or will I get to know once they let me know the outcome of the first interview? And regarding the partner interview, did it consist more of the role you are applying for in specific and why? Did you get the offer if so, congrats!
Reply 19
Original post by Kango4532
In regards to the first interview for me it was strength based question such as tell me a time. Regarding the partner interview, did they tell you about this in the first interview as I wasn't notified about this? Or will I get to know once they let me know the outcome of the first interview? And regarding the partner interview, did it consist more of the role you are applying for in specific and why? Did you get the offer if so, congrats!

No they never mentioned it. When I got the email I thought well I’ve clearly not done terribly.
I wouldn’t really have called it an interview tbh it was more of us both getting to know each other and I asked her some questions about the industry itself for her opinion. They rang me an hour later to say I got it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending