The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Has anyone been accepted on minimum entry St Andrews

Does anyone know how many minimum entry applications St Andrew takes on a year. I am eligible for minimum entry and I have a strong personal statement. Has anyone been accepted on minimum entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yup! Well accepted in that I received an offer with minimum entry grades, ABB for computer science :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by coffeerush24
Does anyone know how many minimum entry applications St Andrew takes on a year. I am eligible for minimum entry and I have a strong personal statement. Has anyone been accepted on minimum entry?

What're you applying for?
Original post by Thomasjh17
What're you applying for?

International Relations
Original post by TamzidK
Yup! Well accepted in that I received an offer with minimum entry grades, ABB for computer science :smile:

Congratulations. Did you have to supply any evidence to them to say you were eligible for minimum entry?
Congratulations. Did you have to supply any evidence to them to say you were eligible for minimum entry?

Received an offer for history with the minimum entry grades of ABB! You don't have to supply them with any evidence, I'd assume that all of the contextual indicators for minimum entry are apparent on your UCAS application when you entered your address, school, etc.
Original post by leftrightknee
Received an offer for history with the minimum entry grades of ABB! You don't have to supply them with any evidence, I'd assume that all of the contextual indicators for minimum entry are apparent on your UCAS application when you entered your address, school, etc.

congratulations on the offer for History. I had assumed it was the case as I couldn't find any information anywhere on the website and hadn't recieved a reply from admissions.
International Relations

OMG SAME - I hope we both get offers!!!
Original post by Thomasjh17
OMG SAME - I hope we both get offers!!!

Do you know if they have started giving out offers for IR yet?
Do you know if they have started giving out offers for IR yet?

I don't think so, I haven't heard of any yet. They said they'd wait until after the UCAS deadline (today) to release most of the offers so hopefully, we'll hear soon! What were your predicted grades?
Original post by TamzidK

Were you guys in the criteria for minimum entry or did they just accept you with the minimum entry? I applied with ABB for Economics as I thought it meant minimum offer was the grades they’ll consider minimum to apply and AAA is what you’ll need to study there, does that mean Im wrong and most likely won’t get considered?
Original post by lashtchykr10896
Were you guys in the criteria for minimum entry or did they just accept you with the minimum entry? I applied with ABB for Economics as I thought it meant minimum offer was the grades they’ll consider minimum to apply and AAA is what you’ll need to study there, does that mean Im wrong and most likely won’t get considered?

Have put your details into the academic entry qualification indicator on the St Andrews website? Assuming you have and the result says you only need the minimum entry requirements, then your application will definitely be considered. St Andrews tends to look at the strength of your personal statement above other factors of your application to my knowledge! Best of luck
Have put your details into the academic entry qualification indicator on the St Andrews website? Assuming you have and the result says you only need the minimum entry requirements, then your application will definitely be considered. St Andrews tends to look at the strength of your personal statement above other factors of your application to my knowledge! Best of luck

Thank you! It said I am qualified for minimum entry. Hopefully my personal statement was strong enough, looking back at it now, I feel like I could’ve done better but oh well.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? (GCSEs and predicted grades)

When did you apply? What were your GCSE grades? When did you hear back? I've applied for History as well and I'm still waiting to hear back. Hopefully, I'll be joining you next year :smile: Congratulations!!
Original post by TamzidK

Hi, could I ask what predicted grades did you have and how competitive is Computer Science at St Andrews?

And does anyone know about physics? Did anyone get accepted on miniumum entry for physics and what were your predicted grades?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by angusgmoncrieff
When did you apply? What were your GCSE grades? When did you hear back? I've applied for History as well and I'm still waiting to hear back. Hopefully, I'll be joining you next year :smile: Congratulations!!

Thanks! I applied on the 14th of Oct, GCSE's were 99987766665 and I heard back on the 14th of Dec. Best of luck with your application.
Reply 17
Original post by TamzidK

you get cs offer ABB?

hey, my entry requirements were AAAAB and minimum AABB for scottish highers. I got AAABC on my exam results. I qualified for minimum entry requirements and had a strong personal statement and I got an unconditional in December. so they deffoes accept people on minimum entry requirements x
Original post by studentsophie07
hey, my entry requirements were AAAAB and minimum AABB for scottish highers. I got AAABC on my exam results. I qualified for minimum entry requirements and had a strong personal statement and I got an unconditional in December. so they deffoes accept people on minimum entry requirements x

Congrats, you should be so proud of yourself! What course did you apply for? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending