The Student Room Group

Height

Hey their I’m 16 and 5’6 still in school my dad is 5’11 and mum 5’2 how tall could I potentially be because I’m scared I might stay this small I also don’t think I’ve had a proper growth spurt yet
Reply 1
are you a boy?
Yes iam
Reply 3
Original post by Denisjnr33
Yes iam

just wait then. my bro was 5 foot 5, had his growth spurt at 16/17 years old and is now taller than me lol (he’s 5’10). people have their growth spurt at different ages, nothing to worry about.
Dw I'm 5'6 and 17. Realistically you probably won't grow anymore unless you're yet to have a growth spurt. Even if you don't, there's no point worrying about it because there's nothing you can do to change it. Just focus more on changing the things you can like your physique, social skills etc. stuff that is important.

If it helps I've known 5'3/5'4 guys get girlfriends in case that's what you're worrying about.
Reply 5
Original post by sy!¡
just wait then. my bro was 5 foot 5, had his growth spurt at 16/17 years old and is now taller than me lol (he’s 5’10). people have their growth spurt at
different ages, nothing to worry about.

Ah ok lol thank you I was just freaking out because I really just want to reach atleast 5’10 so I hope it’s possible
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Ah ok lol thank you I was just freaking out because I really just want to reach atleast 5’10 so I hope it’s possible

don’t worry about it :u:
Reply 7

I was also worried because I had had puberty I think I’ve got all the hair and stuff but haven’t seen any sign of a beard but have a little tash coming through not really noticeable so I’m hoping this means I still have long to grow
Reply 8
Original post by SirNoodles
Dw I'm 5'6 and 17. Realistically you probably won't grow anymore unless you're yet to have a growth spurt. Even if you don't, there's no point worrying about it because there's nothing you can do to change it. Just focus more on changing the things you can like your physique, social skills etc. stuff that is important.

If it helps I've known 5'3/5'4 guys get girlfriends in case that's what you're worrying about.

Damn I really hope not I just want to reach 5’10 to prove my friends wrong that I will grow I’m the smallest out the group
Damn I really hope not I just want to reach 5’10 to prove my friends wrong that I will grow I’m the smallest out the group

If you can't grow anymore just don't fret about it, though. There's more to life than height and sometimes you have to make do with the tools you've been given. Good luck with your growing haha
Reply 10
i do feel like you will hit 5'10 and atleast 5'9
Do you really think I hope to hit it definitely but tbh I’m not entirely shore if I have had a growth spurt yet that’s the issue but even if I have you still think I will get there?
Original post by Wesxmm
i do feel like you will hit 5'10 and atleast 5'9

Do you really think I hope to hit it definitely but tbh I’m not entirely shore if I have had a growth spurt yet that’s the issue but even if I have you still think I will get there?
Reply 13

my childhood friend was always shorter than me, but when he hit around 16, he had a rapid growth spurt and became 6'1 so u theres hope

btw are u early 16 or late 16
Most men stop growing around 16, I was 15 and a half but it depends on your genetics and when you hit puberty. Generally speaking puberty finishes 5 years after it starts - when you stop growing and beard growth has nothing to do with it that can come even later. You can determine where you're at by looking up the male tanner stages
I am a girl and I dont tend to notice heights loads. Obviously you can the difference between someone who is 6 foot and someone who is 5'8 but i dont pay much attention to it. I am 5'4 so you are already taller than me (im average height for a girl). The average height in the UK for a guy is 5'9? and most guys ik are around 5'6-5'10 and its not like it stops you from anything. I dont talk to a guy and think he's short if you get what i mean because the 6 foot thing is unrealistic and in the minority anyway. There are certainty more important things to worry about and as other people have stated you could very well have a growth spurt. My grandad is 5'4 and he never had any problem with getting women if that makes you feel better.

Quick Reply

Latest