The Student Room Group

What are my options?

I’m 19 and have dropped out of my A-Level course. I don’t have the money to pursue another course now that it’s no longer free for me and I’ve noticed it’s much harder to get an internship/apprenticeship nowadays. I’ll admit, I still don’t know what I want to do; I thought I did when I picked my A-Level options but I can’t tell if I hated the subjects or just hated A-Levels out right. Either way, I fear my indecision is what’ll keep me in this limbo of NEEThood and I’m lost on what options I have left
Reply 1
Original post by Valerie_
I’m 19 and have dropped out of my A-Level course. I don’t have the money to pursue another course now that it’s no longer free for me and I’ve noticed it’s much harder to get an internship/apprenticeship nowadays. I’ll admit, I still don’t know what I want to do; I thought I did when I picked my A-Level options but I can’t tell if I hated the subjects or just hated A-Levels out right. Either way, I fear my indecision is what’ll keep me in this limbo of NEEThood and I’m lost on what options I have left

Look on coursera or udemy for free high demand courses you can do. Then advertise yourself on fiverr and other platforms to build an image and cv in the freelancing environment. Lots of courses from coursera are developed and acknowledged by globally recognised institutions like MIT, UCLA....
Original post by Valerie_

You could get a job (any job) for now, then once you decide what you want to do you could do an evening course/apprenticeship/whatever.
Is it not possible to do a BTEC or A levels with funding from the government? I don't know how it works.

@Valerie_ Are you based in England or Scotland (or elsewhere)?

Quick Reply