The Student Room Group

Ucas application

Can anyone tell me if I can put down on my UCAS application that I will be resitting my maths and English but I haven’t actually applied to do them yet?
The only reason why I haven’t applied is because I am running out of time
Yeah as long as you can get it done before the course starts.
Reply 2
yep just put the grade as pending.

if you do put them on your application, make sure you’re 100% going to resit them.
Original post by Justasking12345
Can anyone tell me if I can put down on my UCAS application that I will be resitting my maths and English but I haven’t actually applied to do them yet?
The only reason why I haven’t applied is because I am running out of time

Yes

Put your most likely exam centre down. If you end up entered at a different centre or not resitting then you’ll need to fill in the ucas amendment form.
Thanks for the help guys i appreciate it. I have another problem now. Because GCSE's or level 2 functional skills aren't going ahead because of covid what is the best way to get these qualifications. I'm guessing taking equivalents? I'm 21 now and i haven't done a resit since school so I'm really stressed out what the best options are.
Any help would be good:smile:
Thanks for the help guys i appreciate it. I have another problem now. Because GCSE's or level 2 functional skills aren't going ahead because of covid what is the best way to get these qualifications. I'm guessing taking equivalents? I'm 21 now and i haven't done a resit since school so I'm really stressed out what the best options are.
Any help would be good:smile:

Formal exams (with independent invigilators and all papers sat at the exact same time with marking and moderation done by the exam boards) aren't going ahead - GCSE grades will still be awarded even for private candidates.
You just need to find a centre who can offer you assessment and awarded grades.
Original post by PQ
Formal exams (with independent invigilators and all papers sat at the exact same time with marking and moderation done by the exam boards) aren't going ahead - GCSE grades will still be awarded even for private candidates.
You just need to find a centre who can offer you assessment and awarded grades.

I’ve been looking at equivalencytesting.com do you think this would be a good option?
I’ve been looking at equivalencytesting.com do you think this would be a good option?

You need to ask your universities if they'll accept qualifications from that site.

FWIW https://www.learndirect.com/category/english-maths is more widely accepted (in that they actually have recognised functional skills exams) but even with them it's important to check.

You would save more money and get actual GCSEs if you talk to local exam centres.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by PQ
You need to ask your universities if they'll accept qualifications from that site.

FWIW https://www.learndirect.com/category/english-maths is more widely accepted (in that they actually have recognised functional skills exams) but even with them it's important to check.

You would save more money and get actual GCSEs if you talk to local exam centres.

Thanks for your help again. A few universities said they would accept it however i would definitely have a look at learn direct.

I would sit actual GCSEs or level 2 functional skills but i thought both weren't going ahead at all this year? or are you talking about resitting them online?
Thanks for your help again. A few universities said they would accept it however i would definitely have a look at learn direct.

I would sit actual GCSEs or level 2 functional skills but i thought both weren't going ahead at all this year? or are you talking about resitting them online?

Exams aren’t happening. GCSEs and functional skills qualifications will still be awarded. Exam boards are using different information to award grades.

Talk to your school/college/exam centre.
Original post by PQ
Exams aren’t happening. GCSEs and functional skills qualifications will still be awarded. Exam boards are using different information to award grades.

Talk to your school/college/exam centre.

I should've told you from the start. I'm actually not in school or college, I'm at university doing a foundation year if that makes a difference
Only 2 universities so far have said that they would accept qualifications from equivalencytesting.com so it's really stressing me out on what to do and the deadline is very close
I should've told you from the start. I'm actually not in school or college, I'm at university doing a foundation year if that makes a difference

I know that. You’re a private candidate.

Where were you going to sit the GCSEs? Talk to that centre.

GCSEs are NOT cancelled.
Ok thank you

Original post by PQ
I know that. You’re a private candidate.

Where were you going to sit the GCSEs? Talk to that centre.

GCSEs are NOT cancelled.

Ok thank you for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending