The Student Room Group

Continued... DWP Work Coach Vacancies July, September, November 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Trish111122
I did exactly the same , updated info on 10th jan . Received the call with start date and location 23rd and formal contract and offer today . Hope that answers your question

Thanks so much!
Reply 61
Original post by thursday2020
They contacted my references and counter signatory the same day. From submission to vetting confirming my checks were complete was 12 days total.

But..My partner submitted his checks about 5 days ago and his references etc haven't even been contacted yet. It really varies.

Thanks for the info! Yeah mine haven’t been contacted yet after 5 days so was just checking it’s not always straight away!
Reply 62
I’ve received an email saying my PECs have been completed.. but no DBS check has been completed nor have my references been contacted.. I’m starting to doubt this whole recruitment, what even is going on at this point 😤
Original post by Ama86!
A question for those who have done PEC checks, how long did it take from you completing them for dwp to process? Or at least how long till they contacted your employer reference/counter signatory?

Provided referees 29/12 , previous employer was contacted 14/01
Reply 64
Original post by KEScholar
If anyone has any experience of working in West London or North London- which location would be more preferable between West London and North London and why?

Do they all train at the Caxton House?

I work in West London, preference should be on ease of location.

I don't know if all recruits for London will be initially based out of Caxton or on site - it's been a mixed bag so far.

The interaction I've had with Caxton colsidators has been top notch though - they have a good set up over there
Reply 65
Original post by pom_plms
Hi there!
Has anyone had issues with creating a DBS account? It's not working on any browser for me, probably a server issue.

Also, my status changed today to: "We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.", and I'm not sure if that is a positive or negative thing. 😶

Do we have to create our own DBS account? I thought that the DBS was done by DWP using the details we upload onto the portal? Any help and advice would be appreciated please?
Original post by happy71
Do we have to create our own DBS account? I thought that the DBS was done by DWP using the details we upload onto the portal? Any help and advice would be appreciated please?

DBS send a letter when the DWP have applied , you don’t have to create an account but it’s free and allows you to see the DBS report, the letter they send has an access code for you to set up if you want to but DBS sent out certificate anyway so can’t see that it makes any difference really. It did allow me to link previous DBS certificates though so all stored in one place
Original post by pinkmoon
I feel your pain... we have had similar timelines but I don't think we're alone. Seems to be quite common!

It’s an absolute joke....I’ve just emailed back to say it’s a really unfair process and you should be told you are on reserve at the point you are given provisional
Offer.....once you accept the provisional offer and submit your pre employment checks you get a congratulations email saying subject to checks ...it just gives false hope....I’ve sent them an email to say I’m
Very disappointed with the process and haven’t been applying for anything else as really didn’t foresee this happening. Doubt it will help but they need to take feedback onboard. Such a bad way to treat people :frown:
Reply 68
Original post by Trish111122
DBS send a letter when the DWP have applied , you don’t have to create an account but it’s free and allows you to see the DBS report, the letter they send has an access code for you to set up if you want to but DBS sent out certificate anyway so can’t see that it makes any difference really. It did allow me to link previous DBS certificates though so all stored in one place

Awww thats great thank you so much :-)
Original post by Megaaant
Has anyone here applied for the South West?

I did. I applied for Gloucestershire in December. Just got a provisional offer last Thursday, filled in PECs same day and awaiting them back. You?
Original post by thursday2020
They contacted my references and counter signatory the same day. From submission to vetting confirming my checks were complete was 12 days total.

But..My partner submitted his checks about 5 days ago and his references etc haven't even been contacted yet. It really varies.

Mine is the same, I sent my PEC's a week ago today and my references still haven't been contacted :frown:
Reply 71
Original post by northernbird15
It’s an absolute joke....I’ve just emailed back to say it’s a really unfair process and you should be told you are on reserve at the point you are given provisional
Offer.....once you accept the provisional offer and submit your pre employment checks you get a congratulations email saying subject to checks ...it just gives false hope....I’ve sent them an email to say I’m
Very disappointed with the process and haven’t been applying for anything else as really didn’t foresee this happening. Doubt it will help but they need to take feedback onboard. Such a bad way to treat people :frown:

Yeah it's poor. I think mostly it's just poorly organised and they've been under prepared for such a large intake. No one seems to have answers because things are outsourced and bounced around 🤦
Reply 72
Original post by LeahGalaxy
Mine is the same, I sent my PEC's a week ago today and my references still haven't been contacted :frown:

Same!
Original post by Alicia2022
Hi guys! Does anyone have any advice I'm feeling so worried and don't know what to do. :frown:
I was left an answer phone message 2 weeks ago now (!) from a woman from DWP saying to call back to discuss a start date and confirm a location for the North London Work Coach vacancy but she left the wrong number to call her back on!! I've emailed customer help so many times with no reply and called the helpline many times to no success! They all just say to wait for customer help to email back but I hear nothing! All this time i'm so worried i've lost my offer because I haven't been able to call back this woman. Does anyone have any advice on who I can contact. I really don't want to lose this job after such a long process and starting to feel so concerned!

Try using the Live Chat facility. If not, send me a PM with the person's name and either office or small area and I may be able to get a number for you
Reply 74
I have already accepted a provisional offer from the 'South East - Kent' group and am at the referencing stage, but have today been given a provisional offer for the South London one also. I am open to working in either area but am not sure if I can accept two provisional offers and then confirm an unconditional offer at a later date? Is this bad form?

I don't want to turn down London and then end up on the reserves for Kent.
Reply 75
Original post by CJC95
I have already accepted a provisional offer from the 'South East - Kent' group and am at the referencing stage, but have today been given a provisional offer for the South London one also. I am open to working in either area but am not sure if I can accept two provisional offers and then confirm an unconditional offer at a later date? Is this bad form?

I don't want to turn down London and then end up on the reserves for Kent.

I did this myself as provisional offer is there only to allow the PECs to be done. You can either end up on a reserve list or with a formal offer. In my case, I first applied for East London, accepted a provisional offer and PECs started. Then I applied for Kent, accepted the provisional offer and PECs started for this application too. I've then got placed on reserve list for East London last week while two days ago I got "the call" with a formal offer, location and start date for Kent and accepted it. So keep you options open and don't worry. You can accept as many provisional offers as you want. It's "the call" with the formal offer with details about your office, start date etc that counts.
If you applied for South London it means that Dartford (which is part of Kent area) is not far away for example 😉.
Reply 76
Original post by J2Jj
I did this myself as provisional offer is there only to allow the PECs to be done. You can either end up on a reserve list or with a formal offer. In my case, I first applied for East London, accepted a provisional offer and PECs started. Then I applied for Kent, accepted the provisional offer and PECs started for this application too. I've then got placed on reserve list for East London last week while two days ago I got "the call" with a formal offer, location and start date for Kent and accepted it. So keep you options open and don't worry. You can accept as many provisional offers as you want. It's "the call" with the formal offer with details about your office, start date etc that counts.
If you applied for South London it means that Dartford (which is part of Kent area) is not far away for example 😉.

Oh thanks so much!

I was just wondering what month/campaign you applied to with regards to Kent? I applied at the beginning of December and still going through pre-employment. Hopefully not much longer!
Reply 77
Original post by CJC95
Oh thanks so much!

I was just wondering what month/campaign you applied to with regards to Kent? I applied at the beginning of December and still going through pre-employment. Hopefully not much longer!

I've also applied in December for Kent.. Today I got emails confirming that PECs were successfully completed for both East London (applied in November) and Kent. What were your options for Kent?
Reply 78
Original post by my_dog_cassie
Just got the reserve list email for East and North Group - East Scotland, anyone else applied for that area?

I applied in November and got the conditional offer 18th Dec, I'm assuming all hope is now lost? Such a long process!

Yeah I applied and got the reserve email a week ago, hoping it won’t be long until we hear something more positive 🤞🏻
Original post by pom_plms
Hi there!
Has anyone had issues with creating a DBS account? It's not working on any browser for me, probably a server issue.

Also, my status changed today to: "We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.", and I'm not sure if that is a positive or negative thing. 😶

Mine says exactly the same, changed this morning I think
I accepted conditional offer on 20th (Kent) & not heard anything regarding those yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending