The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

CHSS Durham Applicants 2021

Just a thread for CHSS applicants If anyone wanted to talk etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by llhmason2
Just a thread for CHSS applicants If anyone wanted to talk etc.

I don't know have much to add to this thread lol but hi! I applied to CHSS at St. Chads:smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JasmineEvansM
I don't know have much to add to this thread lol but hi! I applied to CHSS at St. Chads:smile:

Don’t worry, I more just made it to see if anyone had things they wanted to discuss etc without it getting lost in the main thread.
Reply 3
Don’t worry, I more just made it to see if anyone had things they wanted to discuss etc without it getting lost in the main thread.

Oh I applied to Hatfield and have picked History and Politcs. I really need Durham to come back after a Cambridge rejection:biggrin:
Oh I applied to Hatfield and have picked History and Politcs. I really need Durham to come back after a Cambridge rejection:biggrin:

Hahah I applied to Cambridge originally and then couldn't be bothered to fill out the forms lol so withdrew. Making it through the interviews is good though and defo learning experience, so congrats. I'm currently on the phone to Durham admissions trying to change my subjects so that's interesting but I'll hopefully be doing Econ, Pol and IR (maybe history, I'm tryna take it off) so if we get in I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around!
Reply 5
Hahah I applied to Cambridge originally and then couldn't be bothered to fill out the forms lol so withdrew. Making it through the interviews is good though and defo learning experience, so congrats. I'm currently on the phone to Durham admissions trying to change my subjects so that's interesting but I'll hopefully be doing Econ, Pol and IR (maybe history, I'm tryna take it off) so if we get in I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around!

Haha yeah the forms were a pain but hopefully it was worth it. Tbh I think Durham is a better fit for me anyway, but it might be weird being so far north :smile:
Haha yeah the forms were a pain but hopefully it was worth it. Tbh I think Durham is a better fit for me anyway, but it might be weird being so far north :smile:

I'm glad its semi-worked out then:smile: where else have you applied?
Reply 7
I'm glad its semi-worked out then:smile: where else have you applied?

Exeter, Warwick and Sheffield, I have offers from all three. How about you ?
Exeter, Warwick and Sheffield, I have offers from all three. How about you ?

That’s fab you’ve got offers from the others already, makes decisions abit quicker I guess :smile:I’ve applied to Warwick and Bath (got offers) and I’m still waiting on Bristol and LSE.

I’m from Sheffield ahha so if you have any questions about the actual city I can try and help as well, although you probably know a lot more about the uni!
Reply 9
That’s fab you’ve got offers from the others already, makes decisions abit quicker I guess :smile:I’ve applied to Warwick and Bath (got offers) and I’m still waiting on Bristol and LSE.

I’m from Sheffield ahha so if you have any questions about the actual city I can try and help as well, although you probably know a lot more about the uni!

Congrats on your offers so far! I'm so annoyed at myself that I didn't apply to LSE or UCL, I think I was scared off them! And I actually don't know that much about Sheffield I applied there because some family have gone there and said it was good fun. Are you going to firm Durham if you get an offer?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey guys, I have applied to CHSS too! I would be interested to know - what attracted you to the course? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by apostleofpeace
Hey guys, I have applied to CHSS too! I would be interested to know - what attracted you to the course? :smile:

I applied for History and Politics almost everywhere else and this was essentially the Durham equivalent. I have struggled to find modules etc for the subjects but am basically hoping it’s alright (might research a bit more before I firm tho) how about you ?
I applied for History and Politics almost everywhere else and this was essentially the Durham equivalent. I have struggled to find modules etc for the subjects but am basically hoping it’s alright (might research a bit more before I firm tho) how about you ?

Oh cool, I love those subjects! I want to study sociology, politics, IR, and anthropology so it was the most similar course to Cambridge's HSPS that I could find. I also struggled to find out the modules, but hopefully you can find them here in the Humanities and Social Sciences and Health sections for History and Government and International Affairs: https://www.dur.ac.uk/faculty.handbook/listdeptmodules/. Sorry if this isn't helpful, but I've found it quite useful to look at all of the modules in each of the three years in the subjects I want to study :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Oh cool, I love those subjects! I want to study sociology, politics, IR, and anthropology so it was the most similar course to Cambridge's HSPS that I could find. I also struggled to find out the modules, but hopefully you can find them here in the History and Social Sciences and Health sections for History and Government and International Affairs: https://www.dur.ac.uk/faculty.handbook/listdeptmodules/. Sorry if this isn't helpful, but I've found it quite useful to look at all of the modules in each of the three years in the subjects I want to study :smile:

No that is so helpful thank you! I didn’t see any Renaissance Italy but I guess I’ll have to cope :biggrin: I applied to Cambridge as well but was rejected. Where else did you apply??
No that is so helpful thank you! I didn’t see any Renaissance Italy but I guess I’ll have to cope :biggrin: I applied to Cambridge as well but was rejected. Where else did you apply??

I'm glad it helped, although that's annoying that you won't be able to study Renaissance Italy! I have offers from Bristol and Warwick, but I'm still waiting on Durham and LSE :smile:.
Reply 15
I'm glad it helped, although that's annoying that you won't be able to study Renaissance Italy! I have offers from Bristol and Warwick, but I'm still waiting on Durham and LSE :smile:.

I have an offer from Warwick as well !
I have an offer from Warwick as well !

Aw nice! I think Warwick is a great university, but my sister studies there so I probably won't be going haha :tongue:

Hi. We applied to the same uni's (minus cambridge haha) and for similar courses I think :smile: what did you apply for at Warwick, Bristol and LSE?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi. We applied to the same uni's (minus cambridge haha) and for similar courses I think :smile: what did you apply for at Warwick, Bristol and LSE?

Cool :smile:. I applied for Politics and Sociology at both Bristol and Warwick, and then just Sociology at LSE. What about you?
(edited 3 years ago)
heyy everyone! does anyone know when they are likely to send out offers? (applied for spanish and econ!)

Quick Reply

Latest