The Student Room Group

University of St Andrews A990 2021 Entry

Welcome to the University of St Andrews A990 2021 Entry Discussion.

St Andrews A990 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6175782

For general information click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/medicine-bsc-a990/

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does St Andrews generally accepts Canadian applicants with AP courses only? I got mid 90s average in my grade 11 but no AP courses.
Reply 2
Does the program allow doing the foundation training in the UK? It was mentioned in its website that there are no official routes but I am wondering what it is really like in practice. I also heard some people saying the program has changed recently to allow students to do foundation in the UK.
Original post by Moazan
Has anyone received an interview yet?

i got an offer this morning ABB. They lowered it for some reason (anthropology£
still waiting for the A990 interview invite. Anyone got an interview yet? I know that there've been A100 invites and interviews have even held since nov
Anyone got any news about the A990? anxious...
Original post by Moazan
I haven’t gotten one yet. I personally haven’t heard of anyone getting an interview yet.

Do you mean to A990? because interviews have certainly started on the A100 and I've heard people say they've been invited. the wait is stressful
Original post by Moazan
Has anyone received an interview invite yet for A990?

not heard anything for A990. Its getting quite frustrating. Has anyone heard anything yet?
Yea I had my a990 interview already
Original post by Moazan
If you don’t mind me asking when did you receive the invite?

I got it on January 14th.
Reply 9
Original post by HimmatDhanoa
I got it on January 14th.

If you're comfortable with it, could you please share your stats!
Original post by chri.sky
If you're comfortable with it, could you please share your stats!

For sure, my top 6 predicted was around 96.5%, and my ucat score was 2670.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moazan
Do you know of anyone else who’s gotten one yet?

I only know of 1 other person that has gotten an interview. However keep hope as this must've just read my schools application first.!
Original post by Moazan
I got an interview invite today.

congrats! and good luck. When's your interview?
Reply 13
Wonder when will offers be sent out? Saw in the A100 thread that they have sent out some offers already
Has anyone gotten an offer for A990 yet?
Original post by aaaddaa
Does St Andrews generally accepts Canadian applicants with AP courses only? I got mid 90s average in my grade 11 but no AP courses.

I hope you mean without? Yes, it does accept without AP courses, because on it's website all the admission requirements + offers only detail/regard grade 12 grades! (I know I'm late, however hope that you did end up applying!)
Original post by aaaddaa
Does the program allow doing the foundation training in the UK? It was mentioned in its website that there are no official routes but I am wondering what it is really like in practice. I also heard some people saying the program has changed recently to allow students to do foundation in the UK.

I was initially concerned as I emailed them last year (in 2020!) regarding this programme, and they responded that they are checking with the Scottish government to allow students to the Foundation Training programme. I have just checked the website and it states that "although the A990 Programme is primarily for applicants who want to return to Canada to practice Medicine, A990 students will also be eligible to apply to Foundation Training in the UK". (Taken from the brochure on the website.)

I'm emailing the university for more details, will update when they reply! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Lovebear2951
I hope you mean without? Yes, it does accept without AP courses, because on it's website all the admission requirements + offers only detail/regard grade 12 grades! (I know I'm late, however hope that you did end up applying!)

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i did apply and had an interview in January. Now waiting for the result. Very anxious and hoping to get an offer soon!
Original post by aaaddaa
Thanks for your reply. Yes, i did apply and had an interview in January. Now waiting for the result. Very anxious and hoping to get an offer soon!

Good luck!
Reply 19
Original post by Moazan
Have a990 offers gone out yet? A100 started a while ago but they’re doing it by admission category.

Should be within this week (mid March), right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending