The Student Room Group

Y12 A levels in 2022

What’s most likely going to happen with A levels in 2022 for this years year 12s

Scroll to see replies

I think you’ll do them. Hopefully there will be changes to accompany missed learning coz it’s really not fair. I wish that for you guys there will be less content or so. This coming from a year 13 student
We don’t know yet, you’ll most likely have exams though
Original post by laurawatt
We don’t know yet, you’ll most likely have exams though

Yay I want to do my exams
Original post by SparkleFace
I think you’ll do them. Hopefully there will be changes to accompany missed learning coz it’s really not fair. I wish that for you guys there will be less content or so. This coming from a year 13 student

Same same I hope I do my exams I hooope they’re nicer at least.
I'm in year 12 too. I think they will go ahead but exam boards might offer lower boundaries, less content , open books ect
Original post by Studentlife04
I'm in year 12 too. I think they will go ahead but exam boards might offer lower boundaries, less content , open books ect

I hope so, lower grade boundaries & les content sounds realistic but open book sounds a bit too easy...

What A levels r u doing BTW bc maybe for English Yh open book makes sense but for me it would only fit for psychology
Original post by ChemBioPsych1335
I hope so, lower grade boundaries & les content sounds realistic but open book sounds a bit too easy...

I was thinking maybe open book for literature so they don't have to remember quotes
I was thinking maybe open book for literature so they don't have to remember quotes

I hope we do open books for english lit - it would seriously reduce my stress levels. And it wouldn't technically be any easier as you will still have to write the same quality of essay it would just mean you could spend time revising intererpretations and analysis and not loads of quotes. And I am getting sick of my teacher saying we have to start memorising quotes becuase she is really annoying. But if they do, I hope they do it early or it wouldn't make any difference.
What A levels r u doing BTW bc maybe for English Yh open book makes sense but for me it would only fit for psychology

I'm taking English language, history, geography and core maths but my friends are doing literature
Original post by Lily_23
I hope we do open books for english lit - it would seriously reduce my stress levels. And it wouldn't technically be any easier as you will still have to write the same quality of essay it would just mean you could spend time revising intererpretations and analysis and not loads of quotes. And I am getting sick of my teacher saying we have to start memorising quotes becuase she is really annoying. But if they do, I hope they do it early or it wouldn't make any difference.

Yh sorry my bad I was applying the open book idea to bio chem and psych if we had open book omgggg that would be easier imo. But still hard at the same time all I wanna do r my exams lol
Yh sorry my bad I was applying the open book idea to bio chem and psych if we had open book omgggg that would be easier imo. But still hard at the same time all I wanna do r my exams lol

I suppose you could have the textbook in the exam and just make the questions more about application of knowledge so no multiple choice questions or definitions? They could reduce the content as well so you do one or two fewer topics in the exam?
Original post by Lily_23
I suppose you could have the textbook in the exam and just make the questions more about application of knowledge so no multiple choice questions or definitions? They could reduce the content as well so you do one or two fewer topics in the exam?

Yh true I wonder what they’ll do
Yh true I wonder what they’ll do

Well I hope we get something, even lower grade boundaries and I hope they tell us soon.
But we'll see
What’s most likely going to happen with A levels in 2022 for this years year 12s

nah im really hoping our exams get cancelled
Original post by anamsaid

Ur predicted grades must be good then hey
Original post by anamsaid

Honestly don’t lay back on the fact that they’ll be cancelled. I don’t think they will.
It’s because everyone is going to have the vaccines by then and the country is bound to release everyone from these lockdowns.
But I won’t rule out the possibility that they’ll make many changes!
So keep studying hard!!
Reply 18

in a level english lit you are allowed to bring your books into the exam tho. idk what exam board you are doing but the edexcel one lets us take the books into the exam anyways
i think maybe doing what they had planned to do for current yr 13s would be a shout, i know i've missed out on pretty much the majority of differentiation bc maths online learning isn't a good mix. I also hope they bear this in mind with coursework subjects like DT and theatre studies bc i am incredibly nervous (as those are the subects i need for my ideal uni course - production arts for stage and screen). I know that my work ethic is awful because i didn't do gcses and for most of my life i haven't really had to try per se but for the rest of us i kind of hope they do something.

Quick Reply

Latest