The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Choosing Cardiff accommodation

Hi, I’m studying English literature at Cardiff in sept 2021.
I am looking into all the accommodations that are available and I’m really struggling as to what to choose, uni accom or private.
I’m not really that much of a drinker and quite quiet and shy so not looking for anything too wild and loud, but at same time don’t want to miss out on making friends and enjoying the uni life.
I’d like an en-suite bathroom but not bothered about sharing living room and kitchens, the private places I’ve looked at such as the fitzalan and summit house are all pretty self contained so worry I may miss out on social interaction in these.

Any help greatly appreciated, also happy to speak to any English Lit students or students looking to share somewhere.......
Reply 1
Original post by Niyahcaitie
Hi, I’m studying English literature at Cardiff in sept 2021.
I am looking into all the accommodations that are available and I’m really struggling as to what to choose, uni accom or private.
I’m not really that much of a drinker and quite quiet and shy so not looking for anything too wild and loud, but at same time don’t want to miss out on making friends and enjoying the uni life.
I’d like an en-suite bathroom but not bothered about sharing living room and kitchens, the private places I’ve looked at such as the fitzalan and summit house are all pretty self contained so worry I may miss out on social interaction in these.

Any help greatly appreciated, also happy to speak to any English Lit students or students looking to share somewhere.......

I haven't got an offer from Cardiff yet (well hopefully I do), but I have looked into the accommodation. It seems like many people end up going to the Talybont area. I know you said you want somewhere quite, so I think id recommend not going for Talybont North or South, but I believe Talybont Gate and Court are both a bit quite, but still have the social side which is really great. I think they may be a little more expensive. Im not entirely sure on things myself, but Ill link a video which explains a lot of stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY4jk-iGUz8&t=901s
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CJField
I haven't got an offer from Cardiff yet (well hopefully I do), but I have looked into the accommodation. It seems like many people end up going to the Talybont area. I know you said you want somewhere quite, so I think id recommend not going for Talybont North or South, but I believe Talybont Gate and Court are both a bit quite, but still have the social side which is really great. I think they may be a little more expensive. Im not entirely sure on things myself, but Ill link a video which explains a lot of stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY4jk-iGUz8&t=901s

Thank you very much for the reply, I’ve just looked into alwyn house
i think there's options to apply for quiet living spaces in one of the talys, i'd avoid taly south as it's always noisy there. taly north isn't too noisy but it can get loud on the weekends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending