The Student Room Group

Nottingham pharmacy interview

Hi! I have an interview after 2 days.
But I'm so nervous and not sure how to prepapre for it.
If anyone did interview, did they ask about personal statement??
(edited 3 years ago)
I have mine in a couple of weeks, but I know some people who have done theirs already:
I have been told that, for the calculation part, you should know some of the basics (e.g. long multiplication, unit conversions) without using a calculator
I am not entirely sure about the personal statement part, but they might refer to back to it for the 'Interest in Pharmacy and Communication skills' section
There are about 1-2 questions per section (depends on timing I guess)
Not sure if you have read the information given in the interview confirmation email they sent you, but they indicated having the '9 standards of pharmacy professionals' at hand

Hope that helps and wishing you all the best! Would love to hear any updates after your interview! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much!!

Original post by jcarreon
I have mine in a couple of weeks, but I know some people who have done theirs already:
I have been told that, for the calculation part, you should know some of the basics (e.g. long multiplication, unit conversions) without using a calculator
I am not entirely sure about the personal statement part, but they might refer to back to it for the 'Interest in Pharmacy and Communication skills' section
There are about 1-2 questions per section (depends on timing I guess)
Not sure if you have read the information given in the interview confirmation email they sent you, but they indicated having the '9 standards of pharmacy professionals' at hand

Hope that helps and wishing you all the best! Would love to hear any updates after your interview! :smile:
Original post by Emma531
Hi! I have an interview after 2 days.
But I'm so nervous and not sure how to prepapre for it.
If anyone did interview, did they ask about personal statement??

About 30 mins, 5 sections with 5 mins on each section

They ask motivational questions (why pharmacy, etc), professional ethics, terminology definitions and maths questions at the end

Your interviewer assesses you for a score out of 4 for each section (4 being the best) and if you pass a certain cumulative boundary, you pass
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi I just wanted to ask when were interviews given out at Nottingham and how long will they be given out for?
Original post by Buttmuffin

They ask motivational questions (why pharmacy, etc), professional ethics, terminology definitions and maths questions at the end

Your interviewer assesses you for a score out of 4 for each section (4 being the best) and if you pass a certain cumulative boundary, you pass

What type of terminology definitions do they ask??
What type of terminology definitions do they ask??

I can't give you the specific q's, but they're the really basic ones
I can't give you the specific q's, but they're the really basic ones

oh no i completely understand, but thank you anyway!
are they just pharmacy terms in particular or do they also refer to terms form gsce/a-levels?

Hey! Did they ask you about your personal statement? Thanks so much for your help and stay safe! xx
Original post by kriss.tine
Hey! Did they ask you about your personal statement? Thanks so much for your help and stay safe! xx

No, but talking about it would be beneficial for your "why pharmacy" question
oh no i completely understand, but thank you anyway!
are they just pharmacy terms in particular or do they also refer to terms form gsce/a-levels?

all the terms were covered in gcse/a-levels
Guys does anyone know when Nottingham are sending pharmacy interview invites out until?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending