The Student Room Group

Deferred place and new UCAS application

Hey guys, I have a question. I got an unconditional offer for 2020 but I deferred the place till 2021.
UCAS told me that I can make a new application and apply to more courses having the deferred offer.
So I have just sent the application but when I login to UCAS it only shows my new application and it seems that the previous application with the offer just disappeared.

IS this normal? What if I decide to go to the course that I deferred for 2021?Will the application with deferred place appear again if I decide to withdraw the new application?

Thank you :smile:
Your previous application was in last year's cycle - its therefore not 'current'.
You can only see applications in this year's cycle on Track.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Your previous application was in last year's cycle - its therefore not 'current'.
You can only see applications in this year's cycle on Track.

Okay, thank you ! I know it is a silly question but does it mean that I still have that deferred offer or not? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I am talking about this hah :smile: Just want to make sure that I still have that deferred place. Anyone experienced the same situation?
Original post by Hey9999
I am talking about this hah :smile: Just want to make sure that I still have that deferred place. Anyone experienced the same situation?

UCAS will be in touch, in early 2021, to ask whether you want to stick with your deferred place or your new application.

You could have added your deferred university to your new 5 choices. That would have given you more security.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
UCAS will be in touch, in early 2021, to ask whether you want to stick with your deferred place or your new application.

You could have added your deferred university to your new 5 choices. That would have given you more security.

Thank u ! I'm more relieved now ! Thank u thank u 😅
Original post by Hey9999
Okay, thank you ! I know it is a silly question but does it mean that I still have that deferred offer or not? :s-smilie:

UCAS have said they will contact applicants in this position 'in early 2021', whatever that means, for them to decide if they want to stick with the deferred place or go with the their new application. So until that has happened, you still have your deferred place Its just that its no longer on Track because it isnt this year's application - this is normal with deferred places.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger
UCAS have said they will contact applicants in this position 'in early 2021', whatever that means, for them to decide if they want to stick with the deferred place or go with the their new application. So until that has happened, you still have your deferred place.

Thank you so much ! I think it's just post submittion anxiety ! And also I was worried since it seemed that my application just disappeared ! But thank u for explaining

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending