The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2021 PhD applicants

Hi. This forum is for those who have applied for 2021 doctoral courses in Oxford. You are welcome to discuss anything related to you doctoral application in Oxford.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Daisy2021
Hi. This forum is for those who have applied for 2021 doctoral courses in Oxford. You are welcome to discuss anything related to you doctoral application in Oxford.

Hi! I applied for DPhil positions at Oxford. I sent my application a week ago and now i am waiting. What PhD did you apply to?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by gsali5
Hi! I applied for DPhil positions at Oxford. I sent my application a week ago and now i am waiting. What PhD did you apply to?

DPhil in international development. I submitted for the November deadline, but got postponed to the Jan. deadline batch.
Reply 3
Original post by gsali5

How about you? which PhD course did you apply for?
Reply 4
Original post by Daisy2021
How about you? which PhD course did you apply for?

I applied for DPhil in Cancer and DPhil in Cellular and molecular medicine. Mine needed to be submitted before Jan 8th deadline.
Hi everyone! Wishing you all good luck with your applications. Is there anyone else who applied to the DPhil in Population Health program? I submitted my app earlier this month for consideration for the January 8th deadline 😅
Reply 6
Hi everyone
The deadline for the course that I have applied for was on 8th January and on the program webpage they said “Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interviews in Oxford, which usually take place during the third week of January”
My question is will they send out interview invitations during the third and it will take place during the same week?
Also, when they say to attend interviews in Oxford, does it mean that interviews will be in person?

I would appreciate it if someone can answer my questions and good luck with your applications
Reply 7
Original post by Sally-1
Hi everyone
The deadline for the course that I have applied for was on 8th January and on the program webpage they said “Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interviews in Oxford, which usually take place during the third week of January”
My question is will they send out interview invitations during the third and it will take place during the same week?
Also, when they say to attend interviews in Oxford, does it mean that interviews will be in person?

I would appreciate it if someone can answer my questions and good luck with your applications

Hi, I think the interview will be virtual. You will receive an email notification about the interview if they want to interview you. If you don't receive any emails within the third week, probably you are not being shortlisted.
Has anyone heard from DPhil Clinical Medicine at University of Oxford for an interview invitation?
Reply 9
Original post by Dhrtmqmflwl
Has anyone heard from DPhil Clinical Medicine at University of Oxford for an interview invitation?

I did not receive any update on my applications yet. When should we get a response from Oxford for interview?

I have got my invitation yesterday. Waiting for the actual interview schedule confirmation.
Original post by mushroooooooooom
I have got my invitation yesterday. Waiting for the actual interview schedule confirmation.

Hi may I ask (if you don’t mind) which uni you went to and the grades, and work experiences and stuff? Did you have publications?
Hi may I ask (if you don’t mind) which uni you went to and the grades, and work experiences and stuff? Did you have publications?

overseas HCP, overseas QS THE top 50 uni, 2.1 with mphil, have clinical and pharma work experience, have publications and first authorships.
Original post by mushroooooooooom
overseas HCP, overseas QS THE top 50 uni, 2.1 with mphil, have clinical and pharma work experience, have publications and first authorships.

Thanks! Are you an MD clinician? What does HCP mean? Oh so you did ur masters at Oxford for MPhil?
(edited 3 years ago)
Thanks! Are you an MD clinician? What does HCP mean? Oh so you did ur masters at Oxford for MPhil?

HCP = healthcare professional, i'm not a physician. My MPhil is from overseas also.
Hi; about the DPhil in cancer, have you heard back yet ? Do you think they’ve sent out interviews ?
Reply 16
Hi! I don’t know to be honest. I am having a feeling that i might not get shortlisted for interviews :frown:!
Original post by gsali5
Hi! I don’t know to be honest. I am having a feeling that i might not get shortlisted for interviews :frown:!

To be honest; me too. Shall we keep in touch about applications ?
Reply 18
Original post by perfectionista

You mean keep in touch about our oxford applications?
Reply 19
Original post by perfectionista

Also, when i was talking to the supervisor via email, they didn't seem very interested in me probably because they already had other strong candidates in in mind. They told me just to make an application for the DPhil program. So i don't understand what's the point of talking to the supervisor before even applying. It's quite unfair and regardless you talk to them or not, you application can be still be rejected.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending