The Student Room Group

Royal Holloway VS Sussex

Hiya! I have applied and recieved unconditional offers from both Holloway and Sussex. I am going to be studying psychology and hopefully be a clinical psychologist in a couple of years after a PHD. Firstly I need to figure out where to get my undergraduate degree and I cannot choose between these two. They're both good unis, and where holloway is my dream looks-wise I dont know if they're better than Sussex. Does anyone have any input as to why one would be better than the other? pls help ahahah
hi! I've looked into both for my possible uni applications although I'm not due to apply for a few years. Personally I've actually been to Sussex uni but haven't been to royal holloway. I do believe royal holloway ranks better in the league tables but both look pleasant. I don't think the accommodation at Sussex looks incredibly nice in comparison to royal holloway, but the last time I went to Sussex was about 2 years ago. if you're looking for a picturesque university, I'd accept royal holloway.
Original post by imnotgoodatmaths
hi! I've looked into both for my possible uni applications although I'm not due to apply for a few years. Personally I've actually been to Sussex uni but haven't been to royal holloway. I do believe royal holloway ranks better in the league tables but both look pleasant. I don't think the accommodation at Sussex looks incredibly nice in comparison to royal holloway, but the last time I went to Sussex was about 2 years ago. if you're looking for a picturesque university, I'd accept royal holloway.

As far as I can tell, theyre both doing the same sorta thing for psychology, its just that holloway is in a nicer area.
Original post by IsabellaNeer
Hiya! I have applied and recieved unconditional offers from both Holloway and Sussex. I am going to be studying psychology and hopefully be a clinical psychologist in a couple of years after a PHD. Firstly I need to figure out where to get my undergraduate degree and I cannot choose between these two. They're both good unis, and where holloway is my dream looks-wise I dont know if they're better than Sussex. Does anyone have any input as to why one would be better than the other? pls help ahahah

Hi. I'm looking at applying next year (year 12). Would you mind telling me how you got an unconditional offer. Do you have really high predicted grades? Thanks
Original post by LG31
Hi. I'm looking at applying next year (year 12). Would you mind telling me how you got an unconditional offer. Do you have really high predicted grades? Thanks

I graduated from danish college 2 years ago ahahhaa
Sussex has a problem with teacher strikes. From the student satisfaction scores and reviews it does not rate highly. They mention it a lot and the fact that once they take your money they don’t care but it’s only what I’ve read. Check it out
Original post by Kelivesy
Sussex has a problem with teacher strikes. From the student satisfaction scores and reviews it does not rate highly. They mention it a lot and the fact that once they take your money they don’t care but it’s only what I’ve read. Check it out

Im leaning more and more towards RHUL, its prettier, its relatively high-ranking and it seems like student satisfaction is quite high
Guide to making Firm and Insurance Choice - full of good advice : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices
Reply 8
I've just graduated from RHUL so I won't be biased at all and recommend RHUL :biggrin:

Joking aside though, it's got a really good psychology department, the campus life is pretty chilled (more of a pub culture to it than clubbing but that will work wonders in times like these) and the accommodation blocks are mostly decent.

PM me if you have any other questions about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest