The Student Room Group

***Official Investment Banking 2022 Summer Internship Thread***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockfish
Anyone got any spring weeks they're hoping to convert?

not too sure yet. I have springs but don't know if I will just won't to tech companies for summers
Reply 41
Why do people keep on saying the conversion rate for JPM is 0%? It says on the website for spring weeks that "all programs feature the opportunity to be accelerated to an Assessment Centre for a 2022 Internship". Am I missing something?
Why do people keep on saying the conversion rate for JPM is 0%? It says on the website for spring weeks that "all programs feature the opportunity to be accelerated to an Assessment Centre for a 2022 Internship". Am I missing something?

Yeah so u won’t get AC at the end of the spring like banks usually do so u have to apply again in year 2 , do tests and then u may get fast tracked to AC.
Reply 43
Original post by kkllookkkk
Yeah so u won’t get AC at the end of the spring like banks usually do so u have to apply again in year 2 , do tests and then u may get fast tracked to AC.

Oh wow, didn't realise :frown:
guys i have heard for the interviews of ib/s&t is quite detailed and technical
would someone mind telling in what way theyre techincal? and what sorts of things we should be preparing for to do well in the interview? or even any resources to use to aid us

thank you very much!
Reply 45
Original post by 123xyz123
would someone mind telling in what way theyre techincal? and what sorts of things we should be preparing for to do well in the interview? or even any resources to use to aid us

thank you very much!

Bump.

thank you very much!

Bump(also, same question for AM/ER as well)
Bump.

Original post by pinkleopard558
Bump(also, same question for AM/ER as well)

What does bump mean lol
Reply 48
What does bump mean lol

It just helps increase the visibility of your post lol

thank you very much!

Technical refers to knowing about the specific economic/financial/accounting aspects of the job. For IB that might be knowing the basic structure of an LBO model, how the 3 statements interconnect etc. For S&T, this is very desk dependent but generally it will be understanding how different derivatives work. For desk-specific stuff, if you're put on an FICC desk, its gonna be a lot of macroeconomic stuff.

Tbh I did a bunch of ER interviews this year and got hardly any technicals but if there were technicals I'm sure you can figure out what they'd be from what I've said above.

Nothing I've said is all inclusive. If you Google this you'll find more. Google is your friend.
Original post by anonuser99
Technical refers to knowing about the specific economic/financial/accounting aspects of the job. For IB that might be knowing the basic structure of an LBO model, how the 3 statements interconnect etc. For S&T, this is very desk dependent but generally it will be understanding how different derivatives work. For desk-specific stuff, if you're put on an FICC desk, its gonna be a lot of macroeconomic stuff.

Tbh I did a bunch of ER interviews this year and got hardly any technicals but if there were technicals I'm sure you can figure out what they'd be from what I've said above.

Nothing I've said is all inclusive. If you Google this you'll find more. Google is your friend.

Ik this may be hard to say cuz there are so many factors, but what would you say the main things that got you all your offers were?
Ik this may be hard to say cuz there are so many factors, but what would you say the main things that got you all your offers were?

Yeah pretty much impossible to say. I changed so much this year that it's hard to pin down a cause. I just did everything you're meant to do right: strong experience, one committee position (probably my weakest area), good timing, solid cover letter and CV, spoke to people at a fair few places to help with previous point, solid interview prep
Yeah pretty much impossible to say. I changed so much this year that it's hard to pin down a cause. I just did everything you're meant to do right: strong experience, one committee position (probably my weakest area), good timing, solid cover letter and CV, spoke to people at a fair few places to help with previous point, solid interview prep

Any suggestions on how to prep for interviews?:-)
Any suggestions on how to prep for interviews?:-)

Make a list of possible questions with possible answers. Not whole answers just really light bullet points. First interview is hardest for obvious reasons.
It just helps increase the visibility of your post lol

ohh lol

thank you very much!! :smile:
Just a general question does anyone know what pay is like for these internships in London ?
Original post by kkllookkkk
Just a general question does anyone know what pay is like for these internships in London ?

Depends what firm but for most banks, they will pay you a pro-rated graduate salary (no bonus of course). For the front office roles in an investment bank (Research, S&T, IBD, CB etc.) that's around 40-60k depending on the firm. Apart from like prop trading and some hedge funds, you don't get much that pays higher.
Depends what firm but for most banks, they will pay you a pro-rated graduate salary (no bonus of course). For the front office roles in an investment bank (Research, S&T, IBD, CB etc.) that's around 40-60k depending on the firm. Apart from like prop trading and some hedge funds, you don't get much that pays higher.

Just to clarify I was asking about 2nd year internship which is for summers , no way it can be that amount 🤯

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending