The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Interview

I have been offered an interview for Geography and I wanted to know the best way to prepare for it. Has anyone else here been offered an interview for 2021 or in previous year? Please share any tips you may have for me :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got an interview too! Not in geography though haha
Congrats! What subject? I’m also taking Bio, Chem, Geography and Maths.
Reply 3
Original post by zziaoee
Congrats! What subject? I’m also taking Bio, Chem, Geography and Maths.

My interview is in Spanish! I'm doing Bio, Chem, Spanish and Maths funnily enough
Oh, what a coincidence! How did you do on the entrance exam?
Reply 5
I got 487, I don't know what it's out of but I was pretty happy. What about you?
Damn, well done! I got 467, I'm happy with that.
Which Borough are you applying from? :smile:
Ima student there.

Run while u can.

Hehe just kidding, Harris is a great skl but very high achieving and hard core. Don’t worry if ur mind goes blank. Just keep thinking out loud
Original post by zziaoee

🥲 I got 427 I’ve seen people get 488 and so on 😭
Reply 9
Original post by FreezerEK

427 is great! And it was good enough for you to get an interview :smile: I was happier with the fact that I got an interview that the score doesn’t matter to me. You’re great for getting this fat :smile: x

Don't worry, 427 is an amazing score! (You got in, unlike so many others)
Which entrance exams did you take?
Original post by zziaoee
Don't worry, 427 is an amazing score! (You got in, unlike so many others)
Which entrance exams did you take?

Biology and chemistry
Original post by zziaoee

I’m applying from Southwark! What about you?

Sorry I meant to say this far in the other quote 😭 I’ve just seen it now. Well done anyway :smile:
Original post by ca_1234
I’m applying from Southwark! What about you?

I’m applying from Harrow! It’ll be a slight commute but it could be worth it, have you applied to any other 6th forms?
Biology and chemistry

Oh, I’ve heard Chemistry was pretty difficult, I took Bio and it was pretty easy (because it was MCQ lol)
Original post by zziaoee
I’m applying from Harrow! It’ll be a slight commute but it could be worth it, have you applied to any other 6th forms?

Yes I have! LAE Stratford is my first choice, that’s the only school I think is really for me. I’ve also applied to HWSF, I will apply to Brampton (not that I’ll get in), Sacred heart, STAC, Kingsdale and some others. What about you?
Original post by ca_1234
Yes I have! LAE Stratford is my first choice, that’s the only school I think is really for me. I’ve also applied to HWSF, I will apply to Brampton (not that I’ll get in), Sacred heart, STAC, Kingsdale and some others. What about you?

Well, I’m looking into Watford Grammar for Girls, Henrietta Barnett, Grey Coat Hospital and Holland Park (along with a few others lol) :smile:
Also, I wasn’t aware that Sacred Heart had a Sixth Form
Original post by zziaoee
Well, I’m looking into Watford Grammar for Girls, Henrietta Barnett, Grey Coat Hospital and Holland Park (along with a few others lol) :smile:
Also, I wasn’t aware that Sacred Heart had a Sixth Form

I’m considering grey coat too! What would you say is your first choice?
Original post by ca_1234
I’m considering grey coat too! What would you say is your first choice?

Oh, what a coincidence lol. In terms of grades, I’m looking into Holland Park and Henrietta Barnett, but I’m definitely interested in WGGS in terms of reputation, social life and academics. Still not 100% but WGGS seems like it has a great and supportive environment to me. Don’t want to sound weird lol but are you a boy, girl or other (like have you applied to exclusively boys/girls schools?)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending