The Student Room Group

PWC Flying start questions

Im a current year 12 student and when i enter year 13 I want to apply to the pwc flying start for manchester University but have some questions.
What is the application process like? So you give your personal statement and predicted grades then what i heard there was some online test and interview could anyone tell me more about this? Like how hard is it and is there some physcometric test and how hard is the game based assement?
Please if anyone has done this pm me or tell me more about this
Reply 1
Original post by Ht_445
Im a current year 12 student and when i enter year 13 I want to apply to the pwc flying start for manchester University but have some questions.
What is the application process like? So you give your personal statement and predicted grades then what i heard there was some online test and interview could anyone tell me more about this? Like how hard is it and is there some physcometric test and how hard is the game based assement?
Please if anyone has done this pm me or tell me more about this

I think the Manchester flying start scheme is new so I don't think you will find anyone who is already on that course. There are past threads on these boards from people who were accepted to the other universities in the scheme. You could read those threads and try to PM the people who are currently studying on flying start degrees.
Hey! I'm not on the course but I've applied for it this year so can offer a bit of insight based on what I've done so far. You apply for the course via UCAS, there are 4 unis (I think) that do this programme, I applied for Manchester but I think you can apply for multiple unis, I'm not sure. The university looks at your application first, i.e. personal statement and predicted grades (the required grades range from AAA-AAB, depending on the specific uni). If everything is okay with your application at this point you get sent and online test which is basically a psychometric test and then a few maths questions. There's about 10 different psychometric sections, similar to problem solving games you would play on your phone. They essentially reflect your risk-taking, persistence, response to failure, memory and stuff like that and I didn't prepare for this section at all because I think it just reflects your personality and so I just wanted to be realistic. Then if you get through this stage you are invited to an interview (mine is online, I'm not sure if they usually are but this year they definitely are). I haven't done the interview yet but as far as I'm aware, it's 50 minutes long. If you get past this stage you are invited to an assessment event but I haven't got to that stage yet so can't be of much help. Hope this helped!
Reply 3
Original post by rizzles98
Hey! I'm not on the course but I've applied for it this year so can offer a bit of insight based on what I've done so far. You apply for the course via UCAS, there are 4 unis (I think) that do this programme, I applied for Manchester but I think you can apply for multiple unis, I'm not sure. The university looks at your application first, i.e. personal statement and predicted grades (the required grades range from AAA-AAB, depending on the specific uni). If everything is okay with your application at this point you get sent and online test which is basically a psychometric test and then a few maths questions. There's about 10 different psychometric sections, similar to problem solving games you would play on your phone. They essentially reflect your risk-taking, persistence, response to failure, memory and stuff like that and I didn't prepare for this section at all because I think it just reflects your personality and so I just wanted to be realistic. Then if you get through this stage you are invited to an interview (mine is online, I'm not sure if they usually are but this year they definitely are). I haven't done the interview yet but as far as I'm aware, it's 50 minutes long. If you get past this stage you are invited to an assessment event but I haven't got to that stage yet so can't be of much help. Hope this helped!

How soon did you receive an email to say you had gotten through the game based assessment ? I just did mine and they said they will let me know my outcome a week after the deadline...
Original post by Niksy445
How soon did you receive an email to say you had gotten through the game based assessment ? I just did mine and they said they will let me know my outcome a week after the deadline...

I did it on Friday evening and they sent the email around lunch time on Saturday!
Reply 5
Finally got mine done thank you!
I did it on Friday evening and they sent the email around lunch time on Saturday!
Reply 6

Hi,
I want to apply for the flying start degree at Nottingham uni but my personal statement is based on an economics degree, will they still accept me?
Reply 7
Hey can i ask what kinda of interview do they take?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending