The Student Room Group

Vaccine is compulsory in dubai

Finally as I had said before too, vaccine is now compulsory in schools of Dubai. Now to those who said that it can never be compulsory, have you got anything to say? Is there still any way left to not get the vaccine???? Humanity is lost!

SL Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web pages. You can also find practical advice for managing your mental health in the pandemic, including advice from clinical psychiatrists, here.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Source? Can't find anything to corroborate this. Regardless, what the UAE decides for its citizens is up to them. There is no scientific proof of any harm that could come from such a policy (though it is draconian to force people to take it, yes).

If we take your position and use foreign countries to draw comparisons to what could become of our own, I'd be more concerned about the punishment of flogging for premarital sex and alcohol consumption, to be honest. But hey, we all have different priorities.
Reply 2
Original post by Elizabeth II
Source? Can't find anything to corroborate this. Regardless, what the UAE decides for its citizens is up to them. There is no scientific proof of any harm that could come from such a policy (though it is draconian to force people to take it, yes).

If we take your position and use foreign countries to draw comparisons to what could become of our own, I'd be more concerned about the punishment of flogging for premarital sex and alcohol consumption, to be honest. But hey, we all have different priorities.

You want a source? You know that news is censored right? My dad's office has made it compulsory and a few schools have while the others will.
Original post by Hannah.Cook
You want a source? You know that news is censored right? My dad's office has made it compulsory and a few schools have while the others will.

"My dad's office" is not a source. Please provide one more reliable than simply hearsay, otherwise you may as well state anything and hide behind that. Where's the press release from these schools? The reactions from parents? The thoughts of the students? Anything? Nothing?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Schools reaction: had a vaccine drive 2 days back. Parents and students: they were more than happy to for it and most of my classmates recieved it
Press: they will release news but it will take time. Anything else you would like to know?
Schools reaction: had a vaccine drive 2 days back. Parents and students: they were more than happy to for it and most of my classmates recieved it
Press: they will release news but it will take time. Anything else you would like to know?

This still isn't any proof whatsoever that you are being forced to have an injection of the coronavirus vaccine.
Hey :smile: we're trying to avoid it, I believe - hence my insistence! If there's any shred of truth behind this claim, I'm happy for the thread to continue -- otherwise it simply stirs the pot which isn't responsible considering the gravity of the situation.
Yeah, that's what my own investigations lead me to believe too.
Reply 8
Well we are not forced. But it is getting compulsory to take the vaccine (some schools and offices already did so). There is no formal letter or anything that could prove it but for instance in offices, they say you either get the vaccine asap or your out. Similar situation applies to school and so slowly even they are moving.
Reply 9
Original post by Elizabeth II
This still isn't any proof whatsoever that you are being forced to have an injection of the coronavirus vaccine.

Well we are not forced. But it is getting compulsory to take the vaccine (some schools and offices already did so). There is no formal letter or anything that could prove it but for instance in offices, they say you either get the vaccine asap or your out. Similar situation applies to school and so slowly even they are moving.
Well we are not forced.

So the title of this thread is false? Vaccine is strongly encouraged in Dubai not "compulsory"
I will not be taking the vaccine under any circumstances. Even if it becomes law, even if you can't get a job without it. My body, my choice, and I will never compromise on that no matter what they do to me. They can fine me, or imprison me, or starve me to death through making it impossible to work without the vaccine. But I'm not taking it, ever.
I think compulsory vaccination unless compelling medical reasons is a great idea. I'd like it that you could only go to work/education/public transport/hospitality if proof of vaccination could be shown. So if Dubai go that way - hats off to them.

I can see no good reason whatsoever to refuse.
Original post by Apachecow
I'd like it that you could only go to work/education/public transport/hospitality if proof of vaccination could be shown.

Doing that would effectively condemn me and anyone else who refuses a vaccine to death, as we would be unable to earn a living. Is it really so important to you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Megacent
I will not be taking the vaccine under any circumstances. Even if it becomes law, even if you can't get a job without it. My body, my choice, and I will never compromise on that no matter what they do to me. They can fine me, or imprison me, or starve me to death through making it impossible to work without the vaccine. But I'm not taking it, ever.

First you refuse to wear masks because they upset you and now vaccines.

Can you please get over yourself and stop whining like a toddler?
Original post by Calibrated.
First you refuse to wear masks because they upset you and now vaccines.

Can you please get over yourself and stop whining like a toddler?

I will, as soon as people stop trying to get me to wear a muzzle and force medical treatments on me without my consent. Until then I will continue to speak out against it, because someone has to.
(edited 3 years ago)

You complain about the lockdown and now you refuse to take actions that would help lift the lockdown. There is no helping someone like you, just being difficult out of principal.
Original post by DiddyDec
You complain about the lockdown and now you refuse to take actions that would help lift the lockdown. There is no helping someone like you, just being difficult out of principal.

I'm against lockdown because I think we've reached a point where it is doing more damage to peoples lives than the virus itself. I do think they should lift all the restrictions, but it shouldn't be conditional on large uptake of the vaccine. People should be free to chose whether they want this treatment or not.

Being difficult out of principal? This is a war for our freedom! You really think the government is doing all this because they want to protect you from a virus?
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm against lockdown because I think we've reached a point where it is doing more damage to peoples lives than the virus itself. I do think they should lift all the restrictions, but it shouldn't be conditional on large uptake of the vaccine. People should be free to chose whether they want this treatment or not. This is a war for our freedom!

So you want thousands more to die from COVID so you can go to the pub with your mates? I have nothing more I can say to someone like you.
Original post by DiddyDec
So you want thousands more to die from COVID so you can go to the pub with your mates? I have nothing more I can say to someone like you.

I don't "want" anybody to die. Sorry we can't agree on the other stuff :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest