The Student Room Group

Trump legal team desert him

Just a week before his trial for inciting the insurrection at the US Capitol on Jan. 6, key members of Trump's legal team decide to desert him.

Rats and sinking ships come to mind.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/31/donald-trumps-legal-team-disarray-parts-ways-lead-impeachment/
(edited 3 years ago)
Trump is an idiot anyway
You'd need to be a bit of a sucker taking work from him at this stage. He has a long record now of publicly turning on his lawyers as soon it suits him (and that's a 100% physical danger now), not to mention the risk of going to jail yourself or not being paid.
In better news, Trump has secured a new world renowned lawyer to head up his legal defence, the very best of all the candidates who applied for the job.

Lionel Hutz wouldn't sully his apple core filled briefcase or smoking monkey with such a client. He would be the laughing stock of the walk in lawyer mall kiosk circuit.
"Mr Trump wanted his legal team to push his argument that the election was “stolen”"

There's his basic problem - he wants to double down rather than push for the straightforward defence on narrow but viable grounds.
Reply 6
I wonder what he will do now?

My money would be on defending himself seeing as he loves the sound of his own voice

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/31/opinions/trump-legal-team-impeachment-honig/index.html
Original post by harrysbar
My money would be on defending himself seeing as he loves the sound of his own voice

I hope he does. :cookie:
The media spotlight upon Trump once again, with him taking every opportunity to spout even more maga propaganda, amp up the atmosphere for mass manifestations of trump derangement syndrome, he can rally his support base again and ensure that the republican party is plunged into internal chaos. :woo:
Regardless of the verdict, the trial will make for a fantastic reality tv spectacle. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
I hope he does. :cookie:
The media spotlight upon Trump once again, with him taking every opportunity to spout even more maga propaganda, amp up the atmosphere for mass manifestations of trump derangement syndrome, he can rally his support base again and ensure that the republican party is plunged into internal chaos. :woo:
Regardless of the verdict, the trial will make for a fantastic reality tv spectacle. :biggrin:

Very true and think of the memes!
Reply 9
The man could walk into the senate, take a **** on the speakers desk and proceed to wipe his ass with the declaration of independence and most of the republicans would still be dropping their pants and bending over to receive their just desserts. Vulgarity aside, alas, i dont think this is going to make much difference. If anything, his lack of a legal team might even earn him some extra brownie points with some of the more revolting oxygen thieves currently squatting in the "Grand" Old Party.
Reply 10
Original post by Napp
The man could walk into the senate, take a **** on the speakers desk and proceed to wipe his ass with the declaration of independence and most of the republicans would still be dropping their pants and bending over to receive their just desserts. Vulgarity aside, alas, i dont think this is going to make much difference. If anything, his lack of a legal team might even earn him some extra brownie points with some of the more revolting oxygen thieves currently squatting in the "Grand" Old Party.

What an image Napp! Just as I was enjoying my breakfast
Reply 11
What an image Napp! Just as I was enjoying my breakfast

Don't worry, it put me off my dinner as well :frown: Alas, the image of Lindsay Graham or that complete lunatic Marjorie Green something something being perfectly happy to perform acts, that would outrage even a seasoned pervert, on the man is only too real a prospect :rofl:
Reply 12
Original post by Napp
Don't worry, it put me off my dinner as well :frown: Alas, the image of Lindsay Graham or that complete lunatic Marjorie Green something something being perfectly happy to perform acts, that would outrage even a seasoned pervert, on the man is only too real a prospect :rofl:

:rofl:
Couldn’t care less about Trump, he’s gone, old news
Reply 14
Original post by jackmarshal757
Couldn’t care less about Trump, he’s gone, old news

He'll be back, he's not exactly the type to go quietly into that good night. Especially when he needs to crowdfund the crap out of his base since he cant pay his bills :rofl:
Reply 15
Original post by Napp
He'll be back, he's not exactly the type to go quietly into that good night. Especially when he needs to crowdfund the crap out of his base since he cant pay his bills :rofl:

Rage, rage against the dying of the far right!
Rage, rage against the dying of the far right!

It’s certainly not dying, same with the far left. The opposite ends of the spectrum are only growing in numbers as we become a more polarised society
It didn't take him long to find a new nutty lawyer.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/1356441184005214209

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending