The Student Room Group

2021 Social Work Application Process for Stirling, Cali, Strathclyde, Edinburgh

Hi im just wondering if anyone has applied for undergrad Social Work at Stirling, Cali, Edinburgh or Strathclyde?
If so have they heard anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, So glad I’ve found someone who is also applying for social work! I’ve applied for Edinburgh and Stirling for social work...I’ve just sent my second stage off for Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by Bexmel
Hi, So glad I’ve found someone who is also applying for social work! I’ve applied for Edinburgh and Stirling for social work...I’ve just sent my second stage off for Stirling

Yes, just done the exact same. However I haven’t heard anything from Edinburgh yet? I’m so impatient
Reply 3
It looks from the 2019 forums that people started hearing back from Edinburgh around mid feb and from Stirling at the end of March! Could be longer this year because of the extension on the deadline and the whole covid thing! Where are you hoping to get in?
Reply 4
Original post by Bexmel
It looks from the 2019 forums that people started hearing back from Edinburgh around mid feb and from Stirling at the end of March! Could be longer this year because of the extension on the deadline and the whole covid thing! Where are you hoping to get in?

My first choice was Stirling , only because I heard that one is great for social work. Although I’m sure they only have 25 spaces for the course so I can imagine that’s tight. The Glasgow ones would be much handier for me as they are closer but to be honest I’ll be happy with whatever one I get into🤞🏼.
Are you a school leaver or coming from college?
Reply 5
Original post by aimee10xxx
My first choice was Stirling , only because I heard that one is great for social work. Although I’m sure they only have 25 spaces for the course so I can imagine that’s tight. The Glasgow ones would be much handier for me as they are closer but to be honest I’ll be happy with whatever one I get into🤞🏼.
Are you a school leaver or coming from college?

Yeah I think Stirling are 2nd in the uk for social work! Im hoping for either Edinburgh or Stirling as I’m Edinburgh based but don’t mind travelling as far as Stirling! I’m a mature student doing a swap course at the moment what about yourself?
Reply 6
Original post by Bexmel
Yeah I think Stirling are 2nd in the uk for social work! Im hoping for either Edinburgh or Stirling as I’m Edinburgh based but don’t mind travelling as far as Stirling! I’m a mature student doing a swap course at the moment what about yourself?

Fingers crossed for us! Really hoping for Stirling though.
Yeah, I’m doing a HNC just now. How have you found the swap?
Reply 7
Original post by aimee10xxx
Fingers crossed for us! Really hoping for Stirling though.
Yeah, I’m doing a HNC just now. How have you found the swap?

I know I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything! I’d be happy with either Stirling or Edinburgh! It’s been ok despite it being online hard to stay motivated though. Are you doing a HNC in social services? Had you manage to get a placement this year!?
Reply 8
I've applied for Edinburgh, Stirling, Dundee, Glasgow Caledonian & Strathclyde. Not heard anything back other than the further information pack from Strathclyde. Am currently studying the social services HNC so have applied to go straight into the second year with the uni's who will consider this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey guys. How long did Stirling take to get back to you with second stage questions? Also, anyone here who has applied to Robert Gordon University for the Masters programme?
Original post by Bexmel

I've also applied to Stirling! Best of luck. What exactly do they expect you to do in the second stage? I'm afraid the selection process isn't made clear on their course page.
Stirling have never asked me to complete anything else (sent ucas application in on 3rd Dec) so I guess I’m not on their short list. Oh well!
Hiya, I have applied for Social Work this year for Cali, Strathclyde and UWS can anyone tell me which one is best? Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by broccoli_chan
Hey guys. How long did Stirling take to get back to you with second stage questions? Also, anyone here who has applied to Robert Gordon University for the Masters programme?

Hello my application was received by Stirling on the 18th of December and I got the second stage questions on 12th of January! Don’t give up hope just yet as I know people last year were still getting sent second stage questions around mid February last year!
Reply 14
Original post by Louhelen
Stirling have never asked me to complete anything else (sent ucas application in on 3rd Dec) so I guess I’m not on their short list. Oh well!

They’ve still got plenty time to reply don’t give up with Stirling just yet! What uni are you hoping for?
Reply 15
Original post by amymac123
Hiya, I have applied for Social Work this year for Cali, Strathclyde and UWS can anyone tell me which one is best? Thanks

I’m not sure but if you search forums on here that might give you better advice on what one is best
Reply 16
Original post by Bexmel
I know I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything! I’d be happy with either Stirling or Edinburgh! It’s been ok despite it being online hard to stay motivated though. Are you doing a HNC in social services? Had you manage to get a placement this year!?

Great! I will do too.
Yeah I can definitely relate to that! I have been struggling to stay concentrated on online lectures & trying to find the motivation this year. Although I think all students are the same and I think the lectures are feeling this way too!
Yeah HNC Social Services - Nope it’s been a mess up really, we were told virtual placements would count for our SVQ but now announced other day this would not count. Luckily I have managed to secure a job in a respite just waiting on my PVG and I will be ready to start, so hopefully I could use this towards my SVQ.

Have yous had any luck?
Reply 17
I've applied for Edinburgh, Stirling, Dundee, Glasgow Caledonian & Strathclyde. Not heard anything back other than the further information pack from Strathclyde. Am currently studying the social services HNC so have applied to go straight into the second year with the uni's who will consider this.

Hi , yeah I have applied for both 1st and 2nd year with Cali as I’m doing a HNC aswell. However I haven’t heard anything yet?
Have you managed to get a placement going this year?
Reply 18
Original post by broccoli_chan

Hi I got my second stage questions the same day I got my acknowledgment email from Sterling which was the 18th of January. I had two weeks to submit this.
I haven’t no what is that? I’m currently doing HNC so have only applied for undergrad courses.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 19

Hi, what other unis have you applied for? Ive still heard that people have been given this out so hopefully you hear soon!

Quick Reply

Latest