The Student Room Group

How to revise Media Studies?

If someone could please help me out on how to revise! thanks

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
i've moved this to media and film studies for you :smile:
Reply 3
Just found your question and tbh I'm wondering the same thing
Original post by Lala143
Just found your question and tbh I'm wondering the same thing

a level?
Same I'm struggling with media and hoping someone will help answer this question
(Original post by MissCarter786)a level?
I'm doing OCR AS Media and I also have no idea 😂
I just read through my notes and answer specimen questions
Reply 7
Basically, no media students know how to revise media.:nyan:lol
True
I've never been so confused about revising a subject
My teacher has taught my class to memorise the information instead of how to write it down in a question
Basically, no media students know how to revise media.:nyan:lol
Reply 9
At least your teacher taught you something. Mine says your grades, your life- your problem if you fail.:bawling:
Original post by BlankEmotions
True
I've never been so confused about revising a subject
My teacher has taught my class to memorise the information instead of how to write it down in a question
How can your teacher say that?? It's literally their job to teach you - it's in the name

If you do need help you could message me. Although we may not have the same exam board, something has to be similar 😂
Original post by Lala143
At least your teacher taught you something. Mine says your grades, your life- your problem if you fail.:bawling:
Honestly what she said is true but like you said it's her job to teach.:redface:
I am doing eduqas, you?
Not too bothered about it atm though because I still have a year left.:cool:
How can your teacher say that?? It's literally their job to teach you - it's in the name

If you do need help you could message me. Although we may not have the same exam board, something has to be similar 😂
I'm doing OCR - the vaguest exam board I've ever encountered when it comes to Media
True, idk if your school does this but if you fail the first year you can't enter the second year so I have to be kind of worried XD
Original post by Lala143
Honestly what she said is true but like you said it's her job to teach.:redface:
I am doing eduqas, you?
Not too bothered about it atm though because I still have a year left.:cool:
My school doesn't do this because no one wants to do media and 95% of everyone doing media are people who didn't get there first choice. Me being a part of the 95 %.:frown:
Check out other exam boards and look at the OCR scheme of work.
I'm doing OCR - the vaguest exam board I've ever encountered when it comes to Media
True, idk if your school does this but if you fail the first year you can't enter the second year so I have to be kind of worried XD
Reply 14
hi I am doing OCR agreed super vague does anyone have any advice on revision? normally use textbook and spec but have neither
Just done my media mocks and would definitely recommend using Seneca learning. You can sign up for free and they have every topic for each exam board. (I do aqa).

Past paper questions are also good and for me, I found them on the aqa site. Questions in the test tend to be related to what comes up and are good for having a rough example of what to expect.
Reply 16
Original post by a.planet
Just done my media mocks and would definitely recommend using Seneca learning. You can sign up for free and they have every topic for each exam board. (I do aqa).

Past paper questions are also good and for me, I found them on the aqa site. Questions in the test tend to be related to what comes up and are good for having a rough example of what to expect.

Ooooh that’s helpful thanks! - EDIT: hi update I'm level OCR and Seneca doesn't cover alevel media at all any other suggestions? Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
what I did for my mock in december was having full knowledge of theorists ideas and tried using them on any newspaper. This helps your application and allows you to be more open minded. For question 3 in OCR I wrote all the key notes for all types of contexts that would be asked. For question 4 I used the academic ideas provided by OCR to remember some arguments for most of them. I also did two past papers which were marked by my teacher which allowed me to focus on the mistakes I had made so I can remember to not repeat them. For paper 2 I am currently just attempting to remember the key information and stats needed for the questions. I would say for OCR that paper 1 is mainly just focusing on your application of theory, whereas paper 2 is testing your knowledge and understanding of industry and audiences.
DEFINITELY seneca. You can revise the whole course from your exam board. Practice writing as this will also help (questions can be found on the exam board website or maybe on tsr?)
Original post by a.planet
DEFINITELY seneca. You can revise the whole course from your exam board. Practice writing as this will also help (questions can be found on the exam board website or maybe on tsr?)

I cant find a level media there can u?

Quick Reply

Latest