The Student Room Group

Pgde 2021

Hi,

I have applied to three universities for the PGDE course. I am in my last year of my degree but have just been rejected as my degree result is pending. Is this normal and do all uni’s reject for this reason? I am waiting to hear from Glasgow and Strathclyde.

Strathclyde have asked for supporting documents of achieving higher English and Nat 5 maths (I have higher maths) so I was assuming the would have rejected my application already before asking for the documentation?!
Hi,
I'm going to guess that it was UWS which rejected you? They seem to be the only ones demanding that you already have a degree if applying for primary so I wouldn't worry to much as other Uni's have given interviews to people in their final year.

Also you might want to check out:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560938
PGDE - Scotland 2021 Applicants Thread!
Reply 2
Thank you so much for replying it has put my mind at ease. You are right it was UWS!
I was the exact same. I got rejected by UWS because I haven't completed my degree yet, but I have gotten interviews from Strathclyde, Glasgow and Dundee! So good luck and don't stress over it! :smile:
Reply 4
Well done, Lauren and good luck with your interviews.
Unfortunately I haven’t been invited to interviews yet which is adding to the worry. I hope to hear something from Strathclyde and Glasgow soon.

I only made 3 choices and I am now thinking I should have used all 5! What is your degree in? I am studying through the OU, BA (honours) primary education. I was working full time alongside my studies but dropped a day to go into a school and get some experience. I only have two years on going in to a school one day a week so I am hoping the uni’s will see this as enough experience.
Original post by Teach2021
Well done, Lauren and good luck with your interviews.
Unfortunately I haven’t been invited to interviews yet which is adding to the worry. I hope to hear something from Strathclyde and Glasgow soon.

I only made 3 choices and I am now thinking I should have used all 5! What is your degree in? I am studying through the OU, BA (honours) primary education. I was working full time alongside my studies but dropped a day to go into a school and get some experience. I only have two years on going in to a school one day a week so I am hoping the uni’s will see this as enough experience.

They are interviewing until the end of March! I’m sure you will hear from the soon, they normally tell you about your interview a week before you are meant to do it! And I’m at Glasgow university just now and I study music!
I also think the unis will understand that people haven’t been able to go into schools! But you still have some experience, so that will be really helpful! I had 3 choices, but when UWS rejected me, I added Dundee!
Reply 6
I didn’t know I could add choices but I’m going to find out how I do that and add another two to give myself a better chance. Fingers crossed I hear something soon.
Original post by Teach2021
I didn’t know I could add choices but I’m going to find out how I do that and add another two to give myself a better chance. Fingers crossed I hear something soon.

Through UCAS, if you go on a track and I clicked a button that said another choice before May or something. As long as you have paid, the 25 pound you can pick up to 5! But I did this at the start of January. I don’t know what the other university deadlines are for submitting the application, so I would check them as well!
Reply 8
Original post by laurenj2624
I was the exact same. I got rejected by UWS because I haven't completed my degree yet, but I have gotten interviews from Strathclyde, Glasgow and Dundee! So good luck and don't stress over it! :smile:

Hello there, could I ask you about the interview process please? If invited, how many rounds of interviews are there? Do they consist of exams or just the presentations and oral questions ? Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending