The Student Room Group

a111 discovering the arts and humanities

To whoever is reading this id really like your help if possible?! im currently studying at the open university doing a111 discovering the arts and humanities and i was under the impression that this course was only based around psychology and philosophy and this module is heavily based around history and i don't really understand where it fits into the overall course of philosophical and psychological studies and im not enjoying it in the slightest as i want to work in the field of psychology and have a strong interest in philosophy and now i don't know what to do as im scared im on the wrong course but its passed the point of changing now im sure
Reply 1
Hi,

I'm not sure this is still relevant to you, but you might want to consider switching to the BA Philosophy and Psychological Studies. A111 can count towards it. Take a look at the OU's qualification choices tool.

I'm on the Open Degree route and I've just finished A111 too, and I'm considering Exploring Philosophy next.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Hello,

Did you ever resolve this? I’m in a similar boat. Studying Classics (Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome) though and pretty much nothing in the unit has anything to do with classics. Not enjoying it either.
Original post by Matthew27w
Hello,

Did you ever resolve this? I’m in a similar boat. Studying Classics (Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome) though and pretty much nothing in the unit has anything to do with classics. Not enjoying it either.

Hey I'm also doing classics. A111 which I'm also doing is mixed with all of arts and humanities then a112 will be a little more towards classics after that it's all classics if you follow the recommended modules so just hang in there but so far I've done alot on roman and Greek study in a111

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending