The Student Room Group

Mphil Sociology Applicants:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mphilsoc
Applied for marginality and exclusion at the end of November and I’m so stressed waiting for the portal to change from submitted. So glad you made this thread!

Ha. You are not alone. I and a couple others have always been waiting for a while which can get stressful and anxiety inducing! I’m glad there is a whole community of applicants who share in that as well.
Reply 21
I mean on the website it says we should get a response by late jan/early feb so I guess we should be hearing back before the 15th?
Did anyone also apply to Gates-Cambridge and Cambridge Trust as well?
Original post by Bobbybrays00

I did
Reply 24

Yep
Original post by MS6798
I mean on the website it says we should get a response by late jan/early feb so I guess we should be hearing back before the 15th?

That’s plausible. What do you think about the cancelling of the Reproduction pathway? Did anyone here apply to that as well?
Reply 26
That’s plausible. What do you think about the cancelling of the Reproduction pathway? Did anyone here apply to that as well?

I freaked out back in November because I saw it was labelled as ‘closed’ on the course directory, I still hadn’t submitted my application for the political and economic pathway and I thought they were already considering applications before the funding deadline lol
I don't think I could wait another month. Especially as I have received an offer from Manchester and i need to make a decision pronto.
Original post by MS6798
I freaked out back in November because I saw it was labelled as ‘closed’ on the course directory, I still hadn’t submitted my application for the political and economic pathway and I thought they were already considering applications before the funding deadline lol

Ahaha me too. I thought I was way behind after seeing it as closed. I think I was a huge nudge towards submitting my app on time as well 😂😂.
Original post by getminegetyours
I don't think I could wait another month. Especially as I have received an offer from Manchester and i need to make a decision pronto.

What's the deadline?
Original post by getminegetyours

Wow, congrats! Which is your first choice?
Reply 31
Where are you guys from ? I’m Italian (:
Original post by MS6798

Me's from India
Original post by MS6798

Original post by goldhazel
Me's from India

I’m Canadian.
Original post by goldhazel
What's the deadline?

there isn't a 'fixed' deadline, but the course director would like a decision by early march ideally.
Wow, congrats! Which is your first choice?

for now manchester because they've given a firm offer. :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by MS6798

I'm from the UK!
Reply 37
Any news anyone?
Original post by MS6798
Any news anyone?

Nothing for me. I suspect that progress may come after the degree committee meeting tomorrow.
Original post by jonnyiw
Nothing for me. I suspect that progress may come after the degree committee meeting tomorrow.

At this point, I think we are going to hear back starting next week. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending