The Student Room Group

Belly piercing

I got my belly pierced last year feb/March and the barbell was too small so I changed it myself two months after and it kept on falling out then I’ve noticed a bump forming at the bottom part of it. There was one at the top too but I managed to get rid of it however the bottom one stayed and it’s like pink and stuff. Any tips bc I do clean it with saline solution and occasionally sage wash. I tried tea tree and my piercer is dumb he told me to poke it and put tea tree oil inside however the studio is a 5 star and hygienic and professional so idk
Reply 1
Original post by sskeeeeeenggggg
I got my belly pierced last year feb/March and the barbell was too small so I changed it myself two months after and it kept on falling out then I’ve noticed a bump forming at the bottom part of it. There was one at the top too but I managed to get rid of it however the bottom one stayed and it’s like pink and stuff. Any tips bc I do clean it with saline solution and occasionally sage wash. I tried tea tree and my piercer is dumb he told me to poke it and put tea tree oil inside however the studio is a 5 star and hygienic and professional so idk

Get it checked and if it's an infection, sue them.
(edited 3 years ago)
TEA TREE OIL ASWELL??!!! didn't that burn the sh*T out of u :eek:
I was gonna get one lol thank god corona allowed me to stop and consider it :redface:
Hi! my wife got by belly button pierced when she was 28 , and she is 34 now.
You should keep using saline solution 2-3 times a day, put some on a cotton bud and clean it and then use a dry cotton bud to wipe it dry and to make sure the saline doesn’t dry out your skin and make it worse. Ensure your barbell is of good metal preferably titanium if not sterling steel. If you are using tea tree oil make sure it’s diluted or it will dry you skin out and make it worse. If the hypertrophic scar on the piercing isn’t going down try Prontolind spray (buy it on Amazon) and it takes a couple of days to work but it’s really good. You should get some advice from a piercer but if you don’t rate your piercer your pharmacist or GP will be able to give you some great advice which will probably be better as they can assess your piercing. Good luck :smile:
Original post by northener_3006
You should keep using saline solution 2-3 times a day, put some on a cotton bud and clean it and then use a dry cotton bud to wipe it dry and to make sure the saline doesn’t dry out your skin and make it worse. Ensure your barbell is of good metal preferably titanium if not sterling steel. If you are using tea tree oil make sure it’s diluted or it will dry you skin out and make it worse. If the hypertrophic scar on the piercing isn’t going down try Prontolind spray (buy it on Amazon) and it takes a couple of days to work but it’s really good. You should get some advice from a piercer but if you don’t rate your piercer your pharmacist or GP will be able to give you some great advice which will probably be better as they can assess your piercing. Good luck :smile:

Thank you so much ! Bless you, how do you use the spray? Do I make sure to not get it inside x
Thank you so much ! Bless you, how do you use the spray? Do I make sure to not get it inside x

It’s alright. Ye you use the spray and spray it on the affected area and then usually wipe around it’s with a cotton bud so it’s not dripping and keep the area clean :smile:
Original post by northener_3006
It’s alright. Ye you use the spray and spray it on the affected area and then usually wipe around it’s with a cotton bud so it’s not dripping and keep the area clean :smile:

I purchased it, thank you so much
I don't have a belly iercing but I got bumps with some of my other piercings. I just crushed 1 aspirin tablet, mixed it with a little water until it was a thick paste and then I put a bit on it for a minute or two (not too long because it is a blood thinner) and then washed it with like warm water. If there's paste left store it with it covered it'll dry up and water can be added again
I purchased it, thank you so much

It’s really good, sometimes takes a few days to say a difference but it’s very good. Hope all goes well :smile:
Original post by Chloecourtney
I don't have a belly iercing but I got bumps with some of my other piercings. I just crushed 1 aspirin tablet, mixed it with a little water until it was a thick paste and then I put a bit on it for a minute or two (not too long because it is a blood thinner) and then washed it with like warm water. If there's paste left store it with it covered it'll dry up and water can be added again

Thanks girl x
No problem hope it helps does take a few days though but quickest method I've found x
Original post by Chloecourtney
No problem hope it helps does take a few days though but quickest method I've found x

Thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest