The Student Room Group

Regarding Danipro university

1 minute ago

Hello there

Anyone going to start medicine degree at Dnipro next year Sept2021 ? I heard 3 years online classes and 3 years clinical which can be done in the UK. Exam need to be done in Ukraine 2 times in 6 year, Please help me if it's ok to take admission to full fill dream.

Kind Regards
Kam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Kam,
Im thinkig of joining the Sep 2021 medical degree programme. Where in the UK are you?
I have heard mixed reviews about Dnipro Medical Institute.
I'm starting in September 2021 on the 6-year course. Going to do the first 2 years online and then move to Dnipro for years 3-6.

If you want more information (unbiased) check out a couple of youtube channels. Neither are agents, both are studying at Dnipro already.

First is OldManMedicine - Paul is in his 4th year after starting as a graduate in the 3rd year. Has completed KROK 1 and is pretty honest about what it is like over there. He has 3 FAQ videos which should answer most queries - https://www.youtube.com/c/OldManMedicine

Second is Amy Anna - She is a graduate in the 3rd year and has started online last month with a plan to go to Ukraine in February to study. - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyvMFcE6wYsESj6vpiJK3zA
Reply 3
Hi Couerdelion,

What about ALL the lab work you will be missing during those first 2 years and how will exams be conducted? Surely not online!!
Original post by keepmat
Hi Couerdelion,

What about ALL the lab work you will be missing during those first 2 years and how will exams be conducted? Surely not online!!

Tbh, if it wasn't online I wouldn't be going. The chance to continue working for two years and earn the money to support me through the next four outweighs the loss of labs or in-person contact. The grad students are missing the first two years - it doesn't seem to be an issue for them and I doubt it's the end of the world for me either.

I've done traditional university learning with lectures and labs, I've also done 3 degrees online; BSc/MSc/MBA, and I much prefer the online for actual learning and fitting in with life and how I study.

Exams are online - don't see why this is a problem?
Reply 5
Are you from the UK Couerdelion? Whereabouts?
Original post by keepmat
Are you from the UK Couerdelion? Whereabouts?

Leeds originally - now based in Dublin, Ireland.
Reply 7
I guess some of my concerns would be:
Is the internet connection clear bearing in mind Dnipro is in Ukraine and we are in the UK.
How much will our work load increase by if the teachers speak in broken English which makes it hard to understand.
Ukraine language is not the easiest to learn.
Was just on an online open day about Dnipro.Feedback from students is that online is working well. Lectures are live and recorded. Weekly MCQs to test knowledge is being absorbed. I have same concern with the English but I guess its something I'll get used to.I started duolingo for Ukrainian. Its tough. Also trying Russian. Like most languages it will be easier when you are there and immersed, and plenty of pointing will be done to start.
Reply 9
Yeah I was online too @ virtual open day.
Mind you have checked return flights ... the best I could find was a 7 hour journey there and a 4.5 hour return. Not very appealing as I dont like long journeys @ 7 hours.
Reply 10
Yeah, so what you gonna do ? Are you looking somewhere else ? Poland? Or Bulgaria?
Reply 11
Original post by Kalsi1234
Yeah, so what you gonna do ? Are you looking somewhere else ? Poland? Or Bulgaria?

I wouldn't mind Poland but their fee's are way too high. I did originally fancy plovdiv but they want fairly high grades for entry plus theres no way i can leave the UK and stay abroad.
Looks like Dnipro. I'm going to try and push to enter the 2nd year seeing as I'm doing an Access to higher education course in Medicine & Medical Biosciences. I'm hoping the 1st year medical timetable at Dnipro overlaps some of my current content.
Hi! I also attended the live webinar that happened recently. In the graduate program, you enter in year 3 of the 6 year course, and apparently you have to cover the material from year 1 and 2 yourself (but all the material is in the portal I think). This seems odd as it's the basic science that you have to know and it's not like GEM courses in UK where they squeeze year 1&2 into 1 year, but they actually cover the basics. This is the reason I'm a bit hesitant on applying there.
Reply 13
1 minute ago

Hello there

Anyone going to start medicine degree at Dnipro next year Sept2021 ? I heard 3 years online classes and 3 years clinical which can be done in the UK. Exam need to be done in Ukraine 2 times in 6 year, Please help me if it's ok to take admission to full fill dream.

Kind Regards
Kam

Hey Kam, I’m going to be studying online and then either UK placement if I find it or dnipro. A friend of mine has done her degree in dnipro, so I know it’s a decent university. Feel free to message me if you wanted to connect before starting? Also I went through medlink
Reply 14
Original post by Mxspk
Hey Kam, I’m going to be studying online and then either UK placement if I find it or dnipro. A friend of mine has done her degree in dnipro, so I know it’s a decent university. Feel free to message me if you wanted to connect before starting? Also I went through medlink

Hey, good to hear. When you are going to start? Where are you from? M thinking to start Sept2021.
Thx for reply
Reply 15
Hey, good to hear. When you are going to start? Where are you from? M thinking to start Sept2021.
Thx for reply

Hey. I’m starting September 2021. And I’m from Leeds wbu
I got my place and id rather go in first year and then 2 years online
Original post by Mxspk
Hey. I’m starting September 2021. And I’m from Leeds wbu

I can't pm on this app but I want to get to know someone as am going in September
Reply 18
Original post by Kinghhfduj
I can't pm on this app but I want to get to know someone as am going in September

Shall I PM you? Or you on any social medial? And I’ll be doing mine only to begin with tbh. Then I’ll be switching to in person.
pm your insta

Latest

Trending

Trending