The Student Room Group

Captain Sir Tom Moore has died in hospital with covid-19

Captain Sir Tom Moore has been admitted to hospital with coronavirus, his daughter has said.
The 100-year-old, who raised more than £33m for the NHS, was taken to Bedford Hospital after requiring help with his breathing, Hannah Ingram-Moore said on Twitter.
She said he had been treated for pneumonia over the past few weeks and last week tested positive for Covid-19.
Mrs Ingram-Moore said her father was not in intensive care.

BBC News

Scroll to see replies

Same bloke that jetted off to Barbados, yes?
Original post by imlikeahermit
Same bloke that jetted off to Barbados, yes?

Give it a rest.
Original post by DiddyDec
Give it a rest.

Apologies, just pointing it out. Obviously it’s tremendously sad that he’s in hospital, and I do wish him all the best, but at the same time it’s amazing how many news outlets have omitted that fact.
Apologies, just pointing it out. Obviously it’s tremendously sad that he’s in hospital, and I do wish him all the best, but at the same time it’s amazing how many news outlets have omitted that fact.

Because it is completely irrelevant.

In your opinion.

Kind of agree. I think we should be able to criticize something he did while also recognizing the huge contribution he has made to morale this year. Captain Tom has captured the nations heart but that doesn't mean he's perfect, nobody is. He will have his faults like anybody else and I think that should be fair game for discussion. Should he gone to Barbados? I can understand why he did, at that age you don't know how long you have left and if there's stuff you really want to do then you might want to do it sooner rather than later. But that discussion probably isn't appropriate for this thread.

Hope he gets better

A shame. One less of a great generation who sacrificed so much.

Although, I have to say. 100s a good innings. He’s led a full life and done some great deeds with it.
R.I.P! Tom Moore was a legend.
100 is a good innings. He did some great work in his twenties and had a great finale at the end.
In your opinion.

Yes he went on a trip to Barbados, you have a right to criticise. It was a bucket list trip for a man who was 100 years old and had fought and died for this country, in my opinion it’s the least that he can be awarded
Original post by MatureStudent37
100 is a good innings. He did some great work in his twenties and had a great finale at the end.

Fought in the Second World War, took part in the D-Day invasion
Original post by jackmarshal757
Fought in the Second World War, took part in the D-Day invasion

That was the great work he did in his twenties I was alluding to.

Sadly, as that generation passes I feel sad that a generation we owed so much to, with so many interesting personal testimonials go.

I’m older than most I here I guess, but I remember as a young nipper that the war generation vividly. Their Ameche of justice, community and sacrifice was amazing. Ranging from the old boy opposite who tended his front garden with care, to getting a clip around the ear from my Nan for taunting the odd lily fessed and behaved guy who lived at the end of the road. I was belted by my Nan as she explained he behaved oddly because he’s been a prisoner of war and had been very badly treated .
awwwwww thats saddddd
RIP
Reply 17
Well 100 isn't anything to sneeze at.
Original post by Bio 7
Well 100 isn't anything to sneeze at.

Some live more then 100. This isn’t regarding his age.
I’m going to be respectful and say RIP but I do have some strong yet controversial opinions on this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending