The Student Room Group

AQA psychology 8 markers?

How do i answer 8 markers??? How many AO1 paragraphs and how many AO3 paragraphs??

(For AS AQA psychology)

Thanks!
Original post by Sophie.cerys
How do i answer 8 markers??? How many AO1 paragraphs and how many AO3 paragraphs??

(For AS AQA psychology)

Thanks!

It's weighted as 4 marks for AO1 and 4 for AO3. It's likely that you'll only be able to write 4 marks worth of description for it anyway as it's usually a subtopic that they ask for (e.g. "Outline and evaluate Bowlby's monotropic theory of attachment") or they might specify in the question what they want you to focus on (e.g. "Discuss variations of Milgram's study and its findings"). For the evalutation, one or two (max) good points is enough. It might even, again, specify what to include in your evaluation (e.g. "Discuss Asch's variations and outline 2 limitations").

If it doesn't guide you in the question, I'd go for a decent sized paragraph for AO1 (throw in lots of key words to boost your mark) and either a very detailed evaluation point or two regular sized points.
Original post by greghayes
It's weighted as 4 marks for AO1 and 4 for AO3. It's likely that you'll only be able to write 4 marks worth of description for it anyway as it's usually a subtopic that they ask for (e.g. "Outline and evaluate Bowlby's monotropic theory of attachment":wink: or they might specify in the question what they want you to focus on (e.g. "Discuss variations of Milgram's study and its findings":wink:. For the evalutation, one or two (max) good points is enough. It might even, again, specify what to include in your evaluation (e.g. "Discuss Asch's variations and outline 2 limitations":wink:.

If it doesn't guide you in the question, I'd go for a decent sized paragraph for AO1 (throw in lots of key words to boost your mark) and either a very detailed evaluation point or two regular sized points.

Thank you!
Reply 3
It’s been 3 years and no one replied... Feels bad man. I’m about to do my exam for AS and was looking for the answer here. Pretty sure that you get told how many ao1 paragraphs you need e.g. give 2 limits on ash’s study on conformity. You talk about them and then talk about why they are limits and use terminology (ao3) as long as you cover both points tht should be 2 Ao3 paragraphs in that situation.
Someone replied above It's weighted as 4 marks for AO1 and 4 for AO3. It's likely that you'll only be able to write 4 marks worth of description for it anyway as it's usually a subtopic that they ask for (e.g.
Reply 5
It's actually weighted as AO1 = 3 marks and AO2/3 = 5 marks. It should be structured the same way as a 16 marker.
At least two paragraphs
Bruh
Original post by gcse2020(ಠ_ಠ)
Bruh

🤣🤣🤣
dddf ffff
I usually have 4 paragraphs just to be safe. (As taught by our teacher)A01A03A03ConclusionA01 would contain all your key points and description of the question. My 2 middle A03 paragraphs contains strengths and weaknesses (of it says evaluate) and application. So that will be 2 weaknesses, 1 strength, 1 application. The last paragraph would contain your conclusion but don't inject new ideas. Hope this helps!
Original post by bubble03
It's actually weighted as AO1 = 3 marks and AO2/3 = 5 marks. It should be structured the same way as a 16 marker.

yeh its usually 3 and 5

For 5mark evaluation, would you write 3 paragraphs or 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending