The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ehsan02
Anyone got a place to study dentistry at UCV in Spain in 2021?

Hi! Is it true that for ucv when you get an offer you need to pay 7500 euros to secure the place (like 6000 for the support package+ 1500 for deposit)? That's a lot. Also, I heard you need to pay 250 for the application fee too. In the European University Cyprus you don't have to pay such a high amount first although the total fees are 19900/year.
Reply 2
Original post by aspireddentist
Hi! Is it true that for ucv when you get an offer you need to pay 7500 euros to secure the place (like 6000 for the support package+ 1500 for deposit)? That's a lot. Also, I heard you need to pay 250 for the application fee too. In the European University Cyprus you don't have to pay such a high amount first although the total fees are 19900/year.

Yes it is a lot but the care package includes stuff like access to lawyers, pastoral support etc so is quite worthwhile in my opinion. The application fee was 300. Once you’ve paid the 300 application fee to a Star future which is who I presume you’re talking about, they notify the uni to send you an offer letter and you then have 10 days to pay the deposit +care package. The fees at UCV are also lower at 15,000€/yr.
Its one of my options but idk if i would go like adapting to a new country, new language and making friends without freshers and all that kinda stuck
Original post by Ehsan02
Yes it is a lot but the care package includes stuff like access to lawyers, pastoral support etc so is quite worthwhile in my opinion. The application fee was 300. Once you’ve paid the 300 application fee to a Star future which is who I presume you’re talking about, they notify the uni to send you an offer letter and you then have 10 days to pay the deposit +care package. The fees at UCV are also lower at 15,000€/yr.

I see. Thanks! Did you choose to go to UCV at the end?
Also how about cyprus?
Reply 5
I see. Thanks! Did you choose to go to UCV at the end?
Also how about cyprus?

To be honest I never considered Cyprus. Im going with UCV & I'm in the process of the initial payments now to start this September
Original post by Ehsan02
To be honest I never considered Cyprus. Im going with UCV & I'm in the process of the initial payments now to start this September

How much did all the inital payments cost you?
Reply 7
Original post by omar200329
How much did all the inital payments cost you?

£300 to A Star Future then €7400 which is the deposit and care package
Original post by Ehsan02
£300 to A Star Future then €7400 which is the deposit and care package

That's a fortune man!
Reply 9
Hi guys have you ver heard about UEV? I spoke to some dudes studying at UCV and they said UEV (uni europea de valencia) is much better. I cant find any info on them except their website. I wanna talk to some students like me who wants to go there. Have u ever heard of it?
Reply 10
Original post by cemils
Hi guys have you ver heard about UEV? I spoke to some dudes studying at UCV and they said UEV (uni europea de valencia) is much better. I cant find any info on them except their website. I wanna talk to some students like me who wants to go there. Have u ever heard of it?

Hi. Read about it briefly when looking around but only the first 3 years are English taught, the last 2 are in Spanish from what I can remember. main reason I ended up going with UCV
Reply 11
Original post by Ehsan02
Hi. Read about it briefly when looking around but only the first 3 years are English taught, the last 2 are in Spanish from what I can remember. main reason I ended up going with UCV

Yeah, talked to some students from there and they all said those 2 years of Spanish is only when you talk to actual patients.. Which is understandable..:biggrin: What I actually wanna know is whether they have an entrance exam or not.. called Selectividad or sth like that..

How was the application process to UCV? Did u take an exam or just an interview?
Reply 12
Original post by cemils
Yeah, talked to some students from there and they all said those 2 years of Spanish is only when you talk to actual patients.. Which is understandable..:biggrin: What I actually wanna know is whether they have an entrance exam or not.. called Selectividad or sth like that..

How was the application process to UCV? Did u take an exam or just an interview?

There was no entrance exams or interviews! I submitted my application with my personal statement to Mark at A star future and he sent it off for me. Took a few days and got a reply within 2 or 3 days I think
Original post by Ehsan02
There was no entrance exams or interviews! I submitted my application with my personal statement to Mark at A star future and he sent it off for me. Took a few days and got a reply within 2 or 3 days I think

Hi and congrats! Didn't yo find at first a bit suspecious to give 6000 pounds and then 1500 for securing the place. I mean it sounds a bit scary. :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Ehsan02

Thank you. Do you have Mark's contact? I did my high school in Turkey and I wonder if same conditions apply for me too...
Reply 15
Hi and congrats! Didn't yo find at first a bit suspecious to give 6000 pounds and then 1500 for securing the place. I mean it sounds a bit scary. :frown:

Thank you! No not really, gave my fee to a star future and got my letter from the uni and then the other payments were made. its a lot but theres not anything you can do so it is what it is really
Reply 16
Original post by cemils
Thank you. Do you have Mark's contact? I did my high school in Turkey and I wonder if same conditions apply for me too...

https://www.astarfuture.co.uk/course/valencia/universidad_catolica_de_valencia/universidad_catolica_de_valencia_dentistry__test.html

^^Go to this website and it has info about the course at the uni and you'll be able to find his details there. it may be a bit different but get in touch with him and see, you never know !
Original post by Ehsan02
Thank you! No not really, gave my fee to a star future and got my letter from the uni and then the other payments were made. its a lot but theres not anything you can do so it is what it is really

I see. In the fees for the uni do you have to pay additional fees for the dental materials you have to use as part of the degree? Also, how hard is it to find accommodation?
Reply 18
I see. In the fees for the uni do you have to pay additional fees for the dental materials you have to use as part of the degree? Also, how hard is it to find accommodation?

over the 5 years its about €5000 apparently and its not spread evenly over the 5 years but obviously there'll be cheaper options like used equipment etc. and GDC education help you with that but ill probably just keep an eye out on any properties over the next few months
Original post by Ehsan02
over the 5 years its about €5000 apparently and its not spread evenly over the 5 years but obviously there'll be cheaper options like used equipment etc. and GDC education help you with that but ill probably just keep an eye out on any properties over the next few months

Thank you! Do you think ucv or ucam are better options?

Latest

Trending

Trending