The Student Room Group

Uni phoned saying they cant offer a place after acceptance. Help!

I accepted my uni offer... For February intake. The Uni are now saying they are fully booked, they are saying i can start for April intake. I've already applied for student finance who are waiting for supporting evidence.

Do i cancel? Will affect my future entitlement?
Can i reapply if i decide to start in April?

Help, so stressed!!!
Original post by nbchy123
I accepted my uni offer... For February intake. The Uni are now saying they are fully booked, they are saying i can start for April intake. I've already applied for student finance who are waiting for supporting evidence.

Do i cancel? Will affect my future entitlement?
Can i reapply if i decide to start in April?

Help, so stressed!!!

You can cancel your application for student finance and start a new application with updated details. The fact you have got partway through an application before but not completed it shouldn't be an issue.
Reply 2
Original post by DoNotMove
You can cancel your application for student finance and start a new application with updated details. The fact you have got partway through an application before but not completed it shouldn't be an issue.

When the Uni called me today, i did ask about my submitted application to student finance, they advised me get my student support number, the reason being...so that they can notify student finance of my new start date. Is this how it works?

Shouldn’t the Uni have written to me, telling me they can no longer offer a place for February intake?
And a new offer letter?

Thanks in advance
Reply 3
that’s a horrible move from your uni lol, i’d be gutted if that happened to me.
i reckon you should call student finance and ask them as they’d give you the best advice. i’ve spoken to them before and they’re very helpful
Reply 4
Original post by sy!¡
that’s a horrible move from your uni lol, i’d be gutted if that happened to me.
i reckon you should call student finance and ask them as they’d give you the best advice. i’ve spoken to them before and they’re very helpful

I am absolutely devastated 😔
Probaby best to call student finance, thank you
Reply 5
Original post by nbchy123
I am absolutely devastated 😔
Probaby best to call student finance, thank you

no problem, good luck :u:
Reply 6
Original post by sy!¡
no problem, good luck :u:

I spoke to Student finance, they said I can just fill out the form for a change of circumstance and update my start date, very helpful. Thank you 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending